ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, June 20, 2008

~Scanner's Ready~ :-)


Well as you see I got my scanner installed, I took some
photos using my digital camera and then Penny took some,
just to see if my scanner was working right..It did a good
job.. Its different from the other version I have, I had to
relearn how to do everything on it.. Was really aggravating.
I havent hooked my cam up I'm seriously debating to get a
new one.. It was acting up before and I hate to install it on
this new computer if its defective...I checked them out today
on Tiger and they have them from ten dollars to over a
hundred! Hard to know which to choose, there a 4 pages
of cams there..
My kitchen window that we always look out of I have those
2 suncatchers hanging.. The bottom is a real stained glass
one that my sister gave me since she knows I love cats..Its
amazing the heart around it is blue and matches the walls in
my kitchen perfectly..The top one is one I painted..Its just
plastic was one I did before I had my computer for something
to do. I think I did about 5 or 6 different ones.. I love sun
catchers but I have to be very careful where I hang them cuz
Dutch will get them.. not cuz they swing or anything..its cuz
he LOVES the suction cup thingies they hang from.!. He will
play with one of them for hours..carrys it around, has big fun.
These two he has knocked down.but hes also gotten smacked
for doing it..So NOW, the boy knows he does NOT touch moms
suncatchers.. If he gets mad at me that's the first place he
goes to get back at me..hes smart ! :-)
There is what I see when I look out my window.. Arent
they pretty..they are long stemmed roses too.. We are
worried about them as some of the branches are dead
and the leaves have spots on them.. I think some Sevin
dust might help..we have to do something..theyre so
pretty..Over by the garage on the right you see some
red..its a tiny small rose bush but it has at least 8
roses on it..On the left you see where the lillies are..
the close up is below..They are so pretty.. I sure enjoy
these wonderful flowers..
There is the window we look out and you see the bird
feeder sitting on the ground..the black squirrel did it.. I
had taken a picture of it but its on my other computer.
Down at the bottom of that fence is where the morning
glories are planted..Theyre doing pretty good.. I can
just see how pretty they will be when they cover that
fence... at least I hope so anyway...
And there is the flower box on the front porch...We
didn't know it had all those kinds in the flat Penny got.
There are 4 different ones in color but they are all
the double impatients... Another month and they will
be just beautiful...The lady across the street has window
boxes and they planted these in them..I don't know how
good they will do cuz they will get direct light and these
really do better in shade..

Wednesday Penny picked 3 roses for me and I put them in
a vase with water of course.. I have to hide them at night
and I put the vase in the cupboard that the boy cant get
into..Dutch has NO will power when it comes to real flowers..
He is bound and determined they are HIS! he will eat
them then puke..eat some more and throw up again..Its
awful.. so of course that means I either cant have any
living flower or plant in here or hide them at night when
the boy is on the prowl and I cant watch them..So I
put the roses in the cupboard; on my way to the potty
this morning as I have to roll right past the cupboard..
I took out the roses and put them on the bakers rack
right there.. I rolled into the bathroom..scooted forward
when all of a sudden I hear this CRASH!!!!.. I KNEW
what happened and I cant believe I was dumb enough to
leave those roses alone out there.. So.. I did my duty
and got back into my chair and rolled out to survey the
damage..CRAP...I had rose petals everywhere, water
ALL over that I, of course! HAD to roll through..what a
mess..The boy is running away and I could see the
rose petal in his mouth!! I grabbed him and took it out
hoping I wasn't going to have to clean all this up then
go around cleaning up after a pukey cat!! Life is so
fun here.. Well I got the rose petals and leaves up
and by then I just couldn't tackle mopping up all that
water that I managed to spread TOO! I looked at the
time and it was 8:45 and Penny would be here at 9.
I apologized to her for letting Dutch make such a mess..
She got the mop and got it up right away. Always some
thing here.. Thank God for Penny!! :-)

Well ive been up since 6 and I need to get out of this chair
for today..I still have that sore spot on my tail bone and I am
running out of patience putting up with it but I just don't know
what else to put on it..Its right where I sit..so unless I sit
lopsided It makes it hurt..cant win..Time for some TV, but
first my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks!! :-)
Always, Lois ****
God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again .....

2 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW wonderful pictures you put in here for us to see. Thank you for sharing with us.
    I am ready for Saturday, set everything up today...not so much to do in the morning now.
    At the old reunion place we had only a few hours to get everything ready...
    I am so glad my brother Harry coming in, it been a years since I've seen him...
    God bless you Lois.
    And so glad you have good help.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary!
    Thanks kiddo..im glad you like them..took me forever to fix them this scanner is different now..have to get used to it like this Visat.. I know you will enjoy all your family Mary its always nice to visit and catch up; on things..

    Have a good week end Mary and dont over do..:-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker