ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, July 28, 2008

~BicycleMan~

The gas prices have gone down again Penny said, which I'm
glad.. I noticed all the people riding bikes, motorcyles and
all sorts of things..even saw a guy pushing a lady down the
street in a wheel chair.. He had her out in the street tho..
not on the sidewalk which to me..that was just too dangerous.
The guy in the photos Id not seen a bike like his.. He sat out
there for the longest time, so I got to really watch him..I
took the one photo and it looks like hes almost run into the
car hes so close.. He looked relaxed riding it..He flipped a
youey..and turned right back the way he came from.. He
looked almost like he was laying down... I bet I could ride
a bike if it had thingies to go over my stumps connected
to the pedals...I bet it would be possible and my self I
think it would be good exercise.. which anyone in a chair
needs rather than to just constantly sit..
I had my chair made bigger just so I could move around
or sit backwards even if I wanted to..which I don't sit
backwards but I do sit sideways alot..If I have company
as small as my living room is, my chair takes up a lot of
room..so I just stay here in front of my desk and just
turn myself sideways to visit with my company..its easier
and makes it seem Less crowded.. My living room is not
big at all..very small.. I found this sideways photo and I
know Ive put it here before, date is on it from last year.
But you can see I fit sideways .. :-)

I almost, note ALMOST, did a big stupid last nite.. I went
in to my bedroom, uplled up along side my bed as usual..
I sat and watched TV for quite a while, and then decided
I had better scoot over and get on my bed just in case
my eyes did close..I went to make the first big move,
and about halfway across I felt my chair move.. I real
fast got back into my chair and looked..and yup.. I didn't
set my brake again... I put all the stuff I take in there
down, my water and snack, and the boys lazerlight... I
didn't lock down as I usually do cuz I was gonna sit in
my chair for awhile.. well I forgot when I decided to
get on the bed, luckily before I hit the floor..

Its so easy to do and I surprise myself sometimes that I
don't double check before I go to do something, which
NOW I will start to since I seem to be getting forgetful..
and for me that's NOT good :-) I know when I wear a
super slidey silk skirt I forget and go too fast and hit the
door facing and many times I have almost slid out of this
chair.. I have to laugh at my self for being so dumb... I
know they do that but I still get to rollin too fast and I'm
half blind anyway so no wonder I run into stuff :-) I know
every day that the mailman comes .. I see him in the window,
I sit here and SLAM! that lid goes down on that box and I
still EVERY time .. I jump... wonder why we do that.. guess
that just shows we are never really prepared no matter
what we do...

I have some bad horrible news :-( I dunno but..seems all my
stuff is falling apart or something.. I got out my keyboard
and made a couple videos of me playing.. well I put the thing
down in front of the couch.. last nite I wanted to practice
and my keyboard has stopped working.. I went to the casio
website and got a number to call but I havent yet and will
later... I even changed adaptors and I know the extension
cord works cuz the lamp came on.. I hope nothing is wrong
with it.. It was given to me by my friend Debbie's mom...
and I don't think Ive been happier receiving anything than
I was that keyboard.. I want to learn to play both hands.. I
can one..and harmony.. I can read music too but I just cant
get both hands to work right.. But I am very upset about
my keyboard.. I just will have to wait and see what they
tell me when I phone...

My honeygirl sent me some photos of herself and my sisters
new house..its so nice.. I will put them here tomorrow.. plus I
found I have 2 black squirrels now..and the chippie is out
there a lot ! so I'm glad... Penny did put a 2nd bowl out there,
but....she put them side by side..and that wont work.. so when
she comes Wednesday she will have to separate them.. then
the 2 can eat at the same time... Such drama for just some
wild animals.. but we enjoy watching them.. I wonder if they
know we do, or think we are just trying to scare them away,
as lots fly off or run when they see us...

Well I'm gonna roll off and go watch some TV and WITH
the brakes ON.. I learn fast.. I aint fallin out of this chair
again.. I REFUSE to do that..well it may happen anyway but
I bet I will get back in this chair myself if it happens
again.. I told a friend about making some stacking boxes
that I could climb on..use for a bench when I don't need
them.. I think they would work... Well my work here is
almost done except for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again .....

4 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois

    I worked all day at the church, my pastor wife died Saturday night...Wednesday at 10 AM will be the service for her.
    Great pictures you got in here.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two things I always try to remember: put the toilet seat down and put brakes on the wheel chair for my clients.

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two things I always try to remember: put the toilet seat down and put brakes on the wheel chair for my clients.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary, :-)
    So sorry to hear about the pastors wife.. I hope all else is ok..that you are well.. Im so glad you like the photos ...please take care of yourself Mary..

    Hi Momar, :-)
    Little double click there? hehehe.. I usually always remember but I get dense every so often..keeps me on my invisible toes :-)

    So nice to hear from you ..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker