ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, July 26, 2008

~Squirrels N Fightin~

I was looking out the kitchen window yesterday while
I was waiting for my supper to warm up..leftover meat
pie.. :-)... I saw the brown squirrel, of course you see he
knocked over the birdfeeder as usual... He just thinks
he can get more that way I guess..plus he tears the top
lid off too!... He had a good time out there until..a 2nd
brown squirrel showed up and the fight was ON~!~
They ran and jumped at each other and every time the
first squirrel thought he had run off the other, it would
sneak up and try to get some of those sunflower seeds..
They love those things.. I guess if the kids are gonna fight
over food I maybe better put 2 dishes, one for each out
there :-) how else do ya stop the fightin ? :-)
While they were busy running at each other I noticed some
thing in the grass running like crazy back and forth up to the
birdfeeder... I watch close and kept taking photos of it.. Its
a chipmunk... So cute or chippies as my mom called them.. Hes
so tiny he can slip around under the grass and hardly seen at
all until they sit up.. He had a good time..but smart, he wasn't
about to get between 2 squirrels... Was fun to watch them all...
When I was in the hell home, I remember when I looked out
the window there in my room..and as dazed as I was most of
the time I thought I would see bugs running around out in
the huge yard outside.. I would watch and watch and see these
"bugs" stand up kinda then run away.. I thought they were just
teasing me.. I was watching one day and Ruth came in and I
told her "Ruth, hurry look at the bug, its huge!" She came up
to me put her hand on my shoulder and said "Lois, no, dear,
its a chipmunk out there playing"... I don't remember this
myself..Ruth told me this story later on when I WAS in my
right mind... But seeing that little chippie that I hadnt seen
since the hell home, back in 01... Was nice seeing one again.
and THIS time I will remember seeing it :-)
I talked to Penny yesterday about the garbage can lid.. I had
to laugh .. She worries about me and KNOWS even small things
can stress me out.. She knows tho how finicky I am about the
garbage can.. and don't ask me why, cuz I don't know its just
one of my MANY quirks.. So I asked her when she got here,
an hour late, "Penny, did you know there is a hole in the lid of
the garbage can? what happened to it?" Penny looked at me
and said "I honestly don't know what happened to it.. I didn't
want to tell you because your having a bit of stress lately,
and I know how fussy you are about the can!" we both laughed
and she didn't know either.. So, my only possible thing that
could have happened, and its NOT chewed by animals.. The
piece of plastic was inside the can.. My feelings are that the
PERSON that did this was the garbage man.. I called and
complained about them cramming the lid inside it, too lazy
to put the lid back on, well I figure same guy, lid wasn't going
on right to suit him, so SMACK.! bet he hit it thinking it would
close AND he broke it..left and hoped I wouldn't say anything..

Well if a company doesn't do its service right..how will they
KNOW unless you tell them? If I just let it slide this would
happen maybe to others as well..its not right to take such
disreguard for other peoples things.. So I called Michiana
Recycling.. and I told them..even sent them an email with the
photos.. So I am waiting to see what they do IF anything...
I think they should or the guy should be made to replace
it... Take it out of his check and maybe next time he will
be more careful.. That's what I would do.. I hope they
don't think that something else did it and I'm trying to
get THEM to fix it.. I told her 2 people touch my can..
Penny and their guy.. It wasn't Penny..so I would say it
was HIM~~! I will say IF they don't do something I will
change trash carriers ..they arent the only one.. I wont
have things I had to pay for damaged by a careless
employee, I pay 30 dollars a month for them to come
and pick up my garbage 1 time a week, on Wednesday...
its not a huge amount but to me it is... and I cant afford
to replace this stuff.. Well I will get a new garbage can
maybe that's the ticket, and NOT plastic but metal..
THEN let the guy smack that one :-) The saga of the
Holey garbage can is NOT over !~! :-)

Well ive gone on long enuff for this post.. I will have to
just write more tomorrow... Today was a good day.. My
angel food came.. I don't know what to fix first! :-) I
havent eaten today so it ALL looks good.. which ISNT
good, not when your hungry :-) Done for this day, so
now my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "NiteyNite" :-)
Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS!!
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again .....



3 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois 2 dishes might solve the problem till more squirrel join in. It might be fun seeing what happen.
    I never see chipmunk around here, I wonder if Bob has, will ask him. He said we don't have them around here he think.
    Having pop corn tonight, teeth make thing taste better I think... I feel that way at times.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our trash is picked up by the NYC dept of sanitation. They have a strict administrative code. They prefer you to use bags - if you use cans you must not have the lids on the cans. They come 2x per week. The cost is included with our property tax.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning :-)
    Chippies are so cute I see lots of them here... I LOVE popcorn, but cant eat it anymore...Caramel corn is my favorite...

    We have to pay to have our trash picked up..if we use their container its even more..

    Hope all having a great week end..:-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, LOis ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker