ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

~Post 1000 Today ~ :-)


This post today is my 1000th post.. I don't know where
the time has gone.. I am amazed at my self that I have
written here every day, well except for my stay in the
homeless shelter for those awful weeks.. Writing every
day you would think my life was just an exciting thing and
just wonderful.. well to be totally honest..some days it is
wonderful..some days just ok..then some days..well they
werent really necessary at all..:-) but I made it through
them... surprisingly :-) I will be the first one to say it the
loudest.. THIS AINT EASY! :-)

Someone asked me a question.. "do you LIKE being an amp?"
And to be totally honest I don't really LIKE it..but I accept
it.. Ive got no choice.. Being this short is a BIG drawback
and being in this chair..doing everything in it.. Some days
when I get stuck and am trying to carry something and I
only have one had to roll with.. its not easy to do.. I try
and try and get so stressed I have to just sit and wait till
I get my senses back and THEN try it again..like ive said all
along, 'my plan of attack'..

The only maybe good thing about being in a chair.?.well I don't
have to stand in line anymore.. I don't have to worry if I go
somewhere will I get a seat, I don't have to worry about
walking a mile, I can roll... sure my arms give out..but that's
all just part of the joys of chair life... If I have to roll any
distance, like I did when I left this crappy hospital here,
I refused to let them push my chair and I rolled all the
way through that place and by the time I got to Millie and
the COA van I had some major achey brakey arms... No
matter what it is if you look, you can see the good side.. I
firmly believe that there is SOME good in everything.. I
can look at a worn down old place and I don't see it as that,
I see what it was when it was in its glory, and I see it too
as it could look with some TLC. its all how you look at things.

I guess being a nurse, I accepted my amputations more than
someone else would.. I didn't know anything about them until
I was told I was going to have my leg taken the first time. I
had NO idea this could happen to me.. But when it did I just
said to my self "well aint this a bitch, now what am I gonna
do?" ..well make the best of it ! and do the very best you can,
then farther on down the line you CAN look back and at
least say you TRIED...that you did the best you could do at
the time... Ive met other amputees that have a hard time
accepting themselves.. not only how they look but how they
are reacting to it.. going forward.. I try to encourage them,
this is so not easy and if you are NOT really strong and
determined, like me.. I can see where some would be so
down and not happy at all..and that's sad.. life is good ..I'm
so grateful I have every day.. and when I wake up..that's how
I face it.. minute by minute ..and go from one day to the
next.. I have to laugh and try to be happy because it is just
SO easy to cry... too easy.. and when I cry I get a headache
and that's not acceptable :-)

Well I had an awful lunch..Chris said "its bbq, but I don't know
what kind, beef or pork" I went out and looked and my comment
is 'is she SURE its bbq?? :-) by MY standards..THAT is NOT
bbq.. It did come with scalloped corn tho that was very good.
From what Chris said they are changing where they get the
food from, now I guess the cook for the jail is gonna cook
for us! this should be good ! :-) from what ive heard about
jail food we may be going from the frying pan into the FIRE!
I'm gonna make my favorite sammich, my PB&J...wish I had
a banana..be even better!... Its that time again and I cant
close this until I say my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again .....

12 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois
    What a beautiful smile - Happy 1000 - I'm sure I've read them all and look forward to 1000 more. and your stump looks fantastic too. I'm glad your not embarassed to show them once in a while - after all, they are part of you. Would we have every met you if you had legs? Probably not.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi:-)
    Thanks bunches!! I hope I will write 1000 more plus some .. I enjoy writing here and knowing someone is out there to read and is interested makes it even better..

    No, Im not embarrassed by them like my name says, LovelyLittleLegs. I think of how many people I would have missed meeting, I believe there is a reason for everything that happens to us.. good bad or other wise.. Im glad we've met :-)

    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love N'Hugs right back at ya, Lois

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Awwww, thanks :-)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest little dearie!
    Yesterday i was in town and i tried to give some reply to your post, so i wrote a long inlay..... Then in the middle of everything the THUNDER struck, and all went black.... The light the screen the whole puter.....
    Today i went to another town to get a new puter and here i am, and just in time to say hip hooray to the post nr 1000. You surely are an admireable woman in most of the aspects i can come to think of, and a pretty one to!
    I am glad to be counted as one of your friends, and i hope this new puter will keep me where i belong.... Nearer to you!
    Kisses all over from your own
    ROB

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you for sharing Lois, I know it's so difficult for you. You seem to take it all in "stride" for that I am greatful. Wonderful to get such personal insight from such a wonderful lady. Your'e the best.
    Frank

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Rob :-)
    So VERY nice to hear from you.. I hope you are enjoying your holiday..I am so glad you got a new puter ! I will look forward to a nice chat soon then :-)
    So nice to hear from you ..you know I worry when I dont :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Frank :-) !!!
    So NICE to read a comment from you..thanks BUNCHES! and such nice things to say.. arent you just a sweetie :-)

    Love N'Hugs
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1,000 posts go by so quickly. You should try to get to an indoor swimming pool. I knew of a quadriplegic who swam. He even made a documentary film called Gravity is my enemy which won an academy award.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay ... well WOW! 1000 entries. That has to be some kind of record. You lead a unique and interesting life and it makes you a fun friend. Many happy returns of the 1,000 blog entries. And as for the tree ... I always called it a Missouri Smoketree because the blooms look like a cloud of smoke ... and it lives in MO. Best wishes ...d

     
  • At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW Lois 1000 post, you are doing a great job with it too...awesome pictures you put in it too.
    So glad to been able to come here and share part of your life.
    Keep it up, wonderful way of meeting new friends around the world too.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar !
    I dont know where the time went..I want to do 2000 more !

    Hi d...
    That the kind? well..its a pretty thing! Thanks :-)

    Hiya Mary~!
    Thats alot of writing, I wonder how many words? lol.. This has been fun and I enjoy it..im really glad you do too :-)

    Thanks bunches for being here :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker