ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

~Salad Is Good~

My New Suncatcher
Well today is another one of those I don't know what
to write about.. Surprising hey? I get that way every
once in a while... Just not too much happened today and
I had no company other than the new guy delivering my
salad lunch... Its pretty good.. I just have to dig out the
carrots and green peppers.. I like green pepper IN stuff
but not to just eat in a salad. It was pretty good one had
lots in it, like a chef salad and I enjoy them.. A nice big
salad to me is a great dinner...well depends on how the
lettuce is torn.. Never cut it with a knife you know .. Why?
I dunno.. that's what my mother told me so that's what I
do... I just like small pieces of lettuce and not big hunks
of it.. and I like the INSIDE of a head of lettuce.. I like
vinegar and oil dressing .. sometimes Italian. Salads are
good for you. Its the dressing that does a person in..

David liked that chunky blue cheese dressing and ...well it
is NOT my favorite. I'm not a cheese person that much and
I guess its cuz I'm lactose intolerant..When we lived in Green
Bay, being the cheese capitol, David was in his glory, he loved
cheese.. We had taken a ride up to Door county and there was
a huge cheese store on the way.. We went past it on the way
up but I KNEW on the way back that the car would be stopping
at that place on the way back.. And it did. :-)


When we walked into that store I have never seen so much
cheese in one place in all my life.. They had just about every
kind known to man. David grabbed a cart and started to load
cheese in it as he walked up and down the aisles.. Every so
often he would get a sample that they had all over in there
When I looked at the cart it had at least 6 different kinds
that David, of course, just HAD to try, I had to keep telling
him "we CAN come back again!" he would have gotten some
of every kind in there I think ! :-)

When we got in the car I told him I would drive so he could sit
and enjoy his cheeses.. As we went down the road David sampled
every single one of them and offered a bite of each one to me.
I like cheese, it doesn't like me.. David says to me "Boo, try this",
its sposed to be OLD cheese, that's fermented or aged or what
ever it is they do to cheese..

I sort of leaned towards him as he put a piece of that "aged"
cheese into my mouth.. I mean- ICK!! I thought I was gonna just
pass out the taste was so awful.. I could even smell it and it
honestly made my eyes water.!. I had to pull the car over to
the side of the road and needless to say I DID get rid of
that cheese in my mouth and that I stupidly swallowed.. It
was the most horrible stuff I have EVER had in my mouth.

David, sat there and laughed at me at first till he saw how
sick it made me. He had to drive home the rest of the way
and every so often he would have to stop so I could get
rid of MORE of that cheese ! :-) I was so sick by the time
I got back that I didn't want to even SEE a piece of cheese
for a LONG time.. David ATE that stuff even and had NO
trouble with it.. Me? well Swiss or Pepper Jack is about as
AGED as I want in cheese :-)

Well its that time again and I am tired for not doing one
thing other than just sit.. but its tiring too really.. I'm so glad
I had this chair made bigger so that I can shift around in
it and not just have to sit one way.. I need room to MOVE..
Specially when music is playing :-) Time to post, time to eat,
and then its off to watch TV.. Tuesday? not much on tonite.
Guess its Animal Planet or Food :-) This GORGEOUS
WEEBLE bids you "Nitey Nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again .....

4 Comments:

  • At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois Dear,
    No one is suggesting you ride your power chair in the street... ride it on the sidewalk.... now if they don't have sidewalks in 3rivers you need to remind the powers to be that the disabled american act says that they must provide transportation for you if you cannot ride it safely on the side of the road.. now having said that, I do have a chair but its all set up for motivating outside... it has large offroad tires and it goes 15 miles per hour... and will go 30 miles before needing charging...

    Keep you head up and eat more cheese...lol (just a joke)

    RalphRotten...

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Ralph,
    We do have sidewalks. My power chair will last for 4 hours on a full charge. Im just not a street person.. COA provides rides but only for medical since the gas is so high..thats what they told me. How safe is going across a 5 lane highway? nope I aint doing it for the sake of sayin I did it..maybe if I was 20 or so then ya ..but now?naaa... A vehicle is much better and If I save and watch I will find something..Then I wont have to worry

    lol... well cheese aint gonna do it LOL....I like cheese..crap dont like me !! :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    The weather here was quiet warm today.
    We are walking 3 times a week now, going a mile each time now. We try to increase it a little at a time. Bob walks twice as fast as Patsy and me.
    It take 15 laps to make a mile.

    I love most cheese, but never did like swiss cheese.
    We put up the tent tonight to make sure everything was in good shape for next month camping trip.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Walking is good exercise and walking with someone always makes it easier.. I know you are looking forward to your trip.. It will be good for you..

    So nice to hear from you..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker