ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, August 25, 2008

~A Van~


Penny said my glories have gone thru the fence and are
on the other side as well and have flowers too.. She said
its really pretty.. Every day there are more and more..The
vines are all over and I told Penny today that we need some
more chicken wire to put on this whole side of that fence,
right down to the ground.. Next year that thing will be
covered and be just beautiful...
A friend of mine told me that they are going to sell
or trade in their van. Its a ford Aerostar, 97. I sure
would like to have it.. Ive been giving it a lot of thought
as to how it would benefit me to have one.. Specially
when it comes to Dr appointments and such. I wouldn't
have to worry about making sure I remembered to
schedule a ride or that I couldn't get one as the vans were
already booked by someone going to the beauty shop..


I called Disability Resources here to find out if they would
help me and they will help me get a ramp installed. How
ever the cost of it would be up to me.. I have a call in to my
caseworker at APS...and am waiting for a call back from them.
For as much as I would use it and being I have a safe record
and just basic insurance would not be that much I called and
inquired about that so I would have some estimate on what
it would cost me a year for insurance on it.. I'm waiting for
Terry to call me back as to what the insurance would be. If
push come to shove I could have it put in Donnies name and
pay for the insurance that way.. But I sure would like to have
my own vehicle... That's what I'm saving for.. Then when I can
I plan to check out getting certified for hand controls. I
want to be able to go..

Well its like I told Terry, I have this van, if someone came to
visit and we wanted to go out to eat, we could take my van, I
wouldn't have to transfer and it would be great.. I will get my
License back so that if I want to drive it I can.. I have a
perfectly clear driving record.. Ive only gotten 1 ticket in my
life and that was when I totalled my 63 black chevy impala..
Those were dark days... the days when I drank..'72.. yes, I did.
I don't now, and havent for I bet 25 years.. I have a tiny
little travel size vodka up here on my desk, a friend gave it
to me and its so cute sitting there, I am not inclined to even
open it..

Back when I lived in Houston, I did drink, I was living with Sid
then, and he drank like a fish. We went out on the weekends
and went to the bars.. It got old and I never was very at ease
in one, too many crazies...We had drank a lot one night and had
met there after work, I had gotten there before Sid so I was
a few drinks ahead. We got into an argument and drank even
more.. Sid was a slap happy guy if you know what I mean, and
I got furious and stormed out of the bar. I got into my car
and headed back out the 225 freeway.. I missed my exit and
kept going.. Next thing I knew I lost control and I was doing
spin arounds up against the guard rail..there wasn't a smooth
spot on that car..

When the car finally came to a stop, I had hit my head right
between the eyes on the steering wheel and I mean I saw
stars... I don't remember a lot I think I must have passed
out a few times.. They took me to hospital and said other
than the knot on my forehead and bruises from being thrown
around in that car I was fine..

The next day I got up and I didn't know a body could hurt in
so many different places at one time.. I think it even hurt
between my toes it was so bad.. I had to go to the towing
place to get the things out of my car, I stood there with the
guy, looking totally awful, 2 black eyes and a knot between
my eyebrows that looked like Id been hit with a sledge
hammer.. The man asked me "how many people were killed?"

After he said that, I looked at my beautiful car.. that I
loved dearly all totally smashed and realized what it cost
me to have that drink, or what it could have cost me, my
life or even the life of someone else, that scared me,
and right then and there I quit then and havent touched a
drop since.. Well no .. .not true, I have had a few wine
coolers .. but a drink or beer? well I never did like beer..
The only 2 things I liked were vodka, and had to be in
orange juice or tomato,, and tequila.. I LOVE margaritas..
but I know what it can do and I aint drinking it ... I really
don't miss it.. My lime icee is better than ANY kind of
other drink as far as I'm concerned..

Well I'm done for today and I'm hungry. .Penny came and
finished cleaning up the kitchen floor... I told her it was
really my own fault for leaving the bag of rice out.. I knew,
but spaced it out.. We will learn.. She had taken a bag of
cat food out to fill the container and put it down to come
in here and do something, next thing we hear paper ripping,
she went out and looked and Dutch was opening that bag.
She caught him just in time before he really punctured it
and cat food would have gone everywhere.. She laughed.
Bags and boxes the boy goes nutz.. we will learn.. :-) if we
don't, well, then we clean!! :-)

Time to post and time to eat my late lunch.. I did remember
to mail back the netflix I hope the next one is as good as
this last one.. I don't remember what it is.. I should have
one back by Thursday if not Wednesday... This is such a
neat thing.. I wish I had thought of it sooner.. Well time
for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE "nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again....

5 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest Lois, my friend!
    It was intresting to read about your former drinkinghabits, and how it is nowadays..... I know you are on that green stuff and thats good, but from my opinion Diet-coke is far better even Pepsi Max....
    But taste are like the ass divided... Good thing, else my cokes would be empty and ended before i cud lay my hands on one, so drink ur green stuff honey!
    If you by chance have wondered where i been i can tell you the real bad news! As you know when a male catch a cold he is sicker than anyone else.... There aint no cancer, amputation, heartfailure, toothache or anything vorse than a snooring male!
    Well yours truly is in that state now, i am so pityful.
    I have fever, and my throat feels like an old wornout military-shoe, and i feel this way in the hotel 6 hours drive from home.
    The Net on the room aint to good, and i writing this in the looby, while i´m shivering and sneezing.... Oh boy am i to pity!
    Yes my darling you really shud have a van, you deserve that peoples without legs should get one for free.
    I hope you feel as you deserve my dearest dear one, and that you dont feel like yours truly, your own
    ROB
    (KAO)

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Honey!
    Im so sorry your ill.. Please go right to bed... Its awful to be sick and away from home too! I wish I could help..Please let me know how you are and thank you for letting me know.. You know I worry..
    Kisses for your fevered brow my dear friend..
    Love N'Hugs
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Please give us all a heads up when you get behind the wheel, and we will get off the sidewalk...really have you considered the price of a gallon of gas and the insurance and the maintenance and the upkeep and the and the and the...etc... not a good idea, like having another drinking man in your life.. if I were you I would get that brand new electric wheelchair out that we bought for you and use it... and then go outside and ride around your neighborhood... you will be surprised at how great the electric is..and how far it will go....... also you can use the public wheelchair van it is the most cost effective...
    Love to you Dear...
    Ralph Rotten

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Your Morning Glory are really coming on good.

    I am still trying to get thing together for our trip in the middle of Sept.
    The weather has nice and warm today, in the 90,s.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Ralph,
    We dont have public transportation and I am an excellent driver cars or anything.. I wouldnt take my power chair up and down the streets, its not safe to do alone and Im not stupid.. I am most grateful you bought my chair for me but its not for travelling.. Its easy to say but until you are in a chair yourself you have NO idea how easy or hard something is..we are all different.. I have a son that is the best mechanic in this area, plus I doubt I would use it that often.. I like being home..but I like to go when I want and not have to call and beg people for rides, Ive had a power chair since day 1, im quite used to them.. Ralph was my dads name.
    Thanks for writing.. :-)

    Hiya Mary,
    Yes theyre just beautiful.. its so nice to see... I hope all is well there...

    Nice to hear from you..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker