ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

~Merry Christmas Eve~ :-)

Nice quiet day and I really didn't do anything but phone
Donnie to find out what the kids plans are for the rest
of the week. I know Dawn is working today and Friday,
but I guess Donnie is going to his parents today after
Dawn gets home, then on Saturday she, Kelli, Jorge and
ALex will go and then Sunday all come back. Its hard
when families are far apart and you want to spend time
with both, plus the working part. But they seem to have
it all straight and it will be good for them to go back to
see Barb again. This has got to be hard on them, specially
knowing shes doing the Chemo which makes them so very
sick... I'm glad theyre going, with the winter storm warnings
we're having its amazing that they CAN go.. Well they all
have 4 wheel drive though so I don't worry a lot..

My left thumb has decided to just quit working. I do not
trust it at all to lift or hold on to anything that is heavy
at all.. Plus it still is REALLY sore.. very painful.. I try not
to use it a lot, but well when you cook you use ALL your
hands .. specially the thumbs to hold on.. I bet it would
be really hard to hold on to stuff with out them... I never
really thought about it.. but I know I do use mine a lot..
depends on which hand I'm using, which being right
handed I would think if either thumb were going to act
up be that one, but I guess since I damaged it back
when may be part of it hurting now too.. I don't know....

I made a phone call to the Dr about this cushion crap
and it said no one was in the office so I bet its closed
today and tomorrow, so I have decided I am going to
enjoy this day, tomorrow and all this whole week end,
relax, do nothing maybe at all but watch TV, I am not
going to even THINK about this cushion BS and come
Monday, well I hope they KNOW I will be ringing their
bells...

Being Christmas Eve I havent decided what I want to
make for my dinner, everything sounds good but it
depends on how much I really want to clean up :-) I
don't like to make too big a mess cuz then I cant
leave dishes in the sink for days waiting for Penny. So
I base everything I do on exactly what is involved. If
I start a major project of cooking something or what
ever, if I run out of energy half way through, well I
wont either finish it or stop cooking it and just put
it up.. I sound lazy, but I'm not really, just very logical.
Ive always been that way which now having to really
analyze everything for the safest and best way to do
something it comes in handy... But I may make some
Salmon Patties.. with some diced beets and maybe a
baked potato, I'm not sure, but the salmon patties
sure sound good its been years since Ive made them.
Its so nice having a real kitchen again.. I just have
to be very careful.. I don't want those chair shrinker
things getting hold of me that Raife warns me about..
THAT wouldn't be good.. :-)

I'm going to post early and just sit and watch TV for
the rest of the day, Ive gotten some great phone calls
from some dear friends that have made my day and I
am most pleased... I love hearing from good friends...
Time to post but first my famous GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"Merry Christmas"... :-)

Y'all better have been good or you will get UNDERWARE
in your stocking !!! Santa is on the way !! :-) Love ya.....
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend",
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I ;write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hi Lois
    Yes I had to play with the computer again...I think it's just part of me.
    The weather here has been a great, a good day to run around in to pick up thing we missed before.
    Just about ready for Christmas day, hoping to get to bed early tonight.
    Thank you for the card and gift, very kind of you.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,

    Hope that you are enjoying ur Christmas well. I am fine and enjoying mine well.

    Here the weather is fine since it is summer.

    It has been a long time that I have not talked to you. Can you please send me ur contact number to my personal email address.

    Have a nice day.

    Take care.

    From Yashvin

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Hard to stay away isnt it lol.. I know the feeling.. Your most welcome .. I hope you like it..Merry Christmas my friend :-)

    Hi Yashvin,
    Merry Christmas, and so nice to hear from you. Im glad things are well there..

    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker