ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, September 25, 2009

~Almost The Week End~ :-)

Penny came today and we are all clean for the week end.
There really isnt a huge lot for her to do since Mark is
helping to keep things in order. Plus we arent very messy.
Gloomy ickky day again but no rain in sight which is ok.
And I am enjoying this cooler temperatures.. Means no
AC on OR heat.. :-) which IS a good thing... the sun does
come out off and on... which is nice... I hope its a nice
week end for those that work all week and look forward
to playin all week end :-) Although MOST do more work
on the week ends than they do during the week! :-) Home
Work takes up alot of time too! :-)

No plans for the week end other than to make plans for
what we need to do next week.. Which right now isnt a lot.
Ive still not heard from Rebecca so I sure hope she is ok.
They say 'no news is good news', but I don't sometimes
agree with that :-) Cuz I know when Ive not heard and
when I finally do sometimes I don't like what I hear! :-)

Speaking of hearing, I think I am slowly going deaf.. :-)
really, I cant hear worth a crap.. I KNOW Mark and Penny
are tired of me saying "WHAT?" every time they say
something to me...My right ear is worse than my left..I
found that out with my telephone :-) My sister has a
couple hearing aids that I might borrow just to try one
out.. She says they will drive you crazy cuz you hear EVERY
single sound that's made around you...

She wore hers to church one Sunday and Shirley said a
lady there was quietly just playing with a cellophane
wrapper from a peppermint and the constant sound
was maddening.. She said she took that hearing aid
out and not put it back into her ear!... I get tired of
saying "What?" though.. I told Penny and Mark they
will BOTH have to SPEAK UP! This GORGEOUS
WEEBLE is DEEF !! :-) Aint I just something? I mean,
I'm in bad shape here :-) Deaf, half blind, no legs,
sheesh.. Oh well.. I'm still breathin and that's the
main thing :-)

Well its time to get something done for today, we
have no plans.. YET.. So that means its POST TIME!
and time for my daily warning "I shall return". :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Luv ya and Thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to cal you Friend..
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.. .


3 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Yes that weekend is right on us...they come so fast anymore.
    I stayed busy all day, going to bed early...Picking up Mike in the morning for his Saturday day outing.
    Becky got new morning staff again, hoping this one will work out...
    God bless you Lois and Mark
    Mary

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    If you try your Sister's hearing aid, remember, it might squeak at you, as your earhole will be quite a different shape to your Sister's. Also, her hearing loss may have a different profile to yours, though, generally, it's the high notes that get lost and so it's the Ss and Ts that get lost in transit!!
    I shall have to look into this hearing aid thing on the N.H.S. I bought a pair of aids some time ago and they cost me $3200 the pair, and they were mot worth a crap. There are a lot of Con artists out there!!! Over here, its a bit like double glazing sales, there is a lot of over-priced rubbish around.
    On the N.H.S., they would cost nothing, nor would the batteries, and any advice would be honest and the tests valid.
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    This year has sure sped by Mary.. 3 months to christmas! I hope Bob is better and Pam is on the mend.. Take good care of you Too !! :-)

    Hiya Raife!
    Was good talking to you today! :-) Ive heard alot of stuff about hearing aids and sadly they have cut those benefits for us so I cant get checked.. I sure get tired of saying W H A T ??? lol...

    Good to hear from you..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker