ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, March 28, 2010

~Good Day Yesterday~ :-)

Yesterday was a great day.. I had a sore tail..
butt it was soothed by getting some great mail
and my sister and Stanley came all the way up
here to visit AND to bring goodies.!. :-) I LOVE
when she cleans out her closets! :-) Our tastes
are a lot alike.. Except she doesn't like the silk
like I do.. But we both like bright cheery clothes.
Not dark and dull.. We like to let everyone know
"HERE WE ARE! "... :-) We are alike in so many
ways, I think that's why we got along from the
first day we met.. We like the same things.. I
find that so amazing being as how we both were
raised in such different environments .

Shirley and I have the same temperament.. we
are very easy to get along with as long as you
are honest and straight forward with us... We
are both very trustworthy, respectful.. both can
draw, and we both are VERY talented seamstress's.
That's the truth even though you might say I am
blowing my own horn too... I just think its great
that we do get along like this.. not meeting each
other until we were both in our 30's... :-)

Shirley has been making baby clothes for her new
great grand and the new one that's due in may.. both
girls.. She brought along a dress she made for I
think her name is Kylie Rose, her daughter Rose's
daughter, Candis's baby... :-) She made matching
panties and a hat.. It was the cutest thing.. It had
the little dangling balls hanging from the edge of
the hat.. and she even found TINY baby snaps for
the back of the dress.. We both prefer snaps to
buttons.. Button holes are such a pain in the butt
to do.. Snaps are so much easier, and they were
yellow.. :-) I can just see that baby in that dress..
I hope she takes a photo! :-)


POOR STANLEY... He had open heart surgery ...
what 3 weeks ago? maybe a month? He had his
left hand done for carpal tunnel on Friday! He
was in agony.. He said the heart surgery didn't
hurt as bad as his hand does.. Its got to be the
size of a football with the bandage and all.. I
told him to keep it up.. which he knows DOES
help.. He forgot his sling.. which.. He is a typical
man.. He hears what the Dr says, but STILL
does things HIS way.. The pain will ease.. but
its gonna take time.. They did about 3 different
repairs in his hand.. I feel for the guy.. Next
week or soon, hes gonna have the right one
done... :-(

I have carpal tunnel really bad, I used to have
braces I wore on each hand.. they have become
lost.. but that's why my thumbs arent working..
My left thumb hurts me so bad some days I
could just scream.. I cant trust it at all to hold
anything heavy.. The ball at the base of my palm
is what REALLY hurts.. That's why I cant hardly
sew anymore.. Bad thing is.. I CANT go and get
it fixed.. How would I transfer? I have to use
my hand to hold on.. and to move.. So.. I cant
have it done.. Well maybe if I wanted to be bed
bound for 10 weeks... That's not possible I would
go totally insane. ! ....

My sore spot is NOT any worse, butt.. its not
better either.. I did find a comfy way to lay
after about an hour.. I was watching bull riding
and fell asleep.. I woke up about 330.. made a
potty call.. and back to bed.. Luckily I found
the same great spot and snuggled down and
fell asleep till I looked at the clock at 6:30,
fell back to sleep and I did NOT get this lazy
butt up till 9:45!!!!

It is such a gloomy dark day, and its been nice,
sunny.. Well being this dark I just figured it
was earlier .. like 8 or so .. my usual time I got
up.. I was so surprised to see I had slept that
long :-) I guess I was tired! :-) I feel pretty good
well except for this SPOT! I am really tired of
it.. I need to get rid of it.. I hate lingering crap!
I like when problems clear up FAST.. and I HATE
when I don't get my way :-) I sound so bad don't
I? Reminds me of Kelli.. and her "I HATE TO WAIT!"

I have some leftover stuffed green peppers that
I'm gonna have for lunch.. They are SO good.. We
did a good job on them...Penny made 4 :-) Well- I
thought maybe I would call and offer two of them
to the boy.. :-) Well .... I didn't.. and I'm keeping
them all for myself....... they arent HUGE.. so I
ate 2 before.. and there are 2 left.. :-) I wont
have to do anything other than just heat them up..
As lazy as I am today, sleeping this late.. A fast
fix lunch is in order :-)

For some reason I am getting free showtime.. I
have NO idea why.. But SHHHH don't tell.. I was
scanning the channels.. and I DO get HBO and
Cinemax.. but not showtime.. I think its just a
promo thing.. But ALL these movie channels and
I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch.. That's
sad.. The choices were crappy! HBO never changes
their movies.. I watched Cops and Bull Riding.. PBR..
Those boys sure get whooped sometimes.. I bet
theyre sore the next day.. SO anyhoway.....


Its post time for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE..
I got a new movie yesterday from a dear friend..
I plan to watch it.. Last Chance Harvey,, Dustin
Hoffman.. I like him.. So that's what the rest
of my day will be.. I hope you are having a great
Sunday too.. Remember now.. I SHALL return!!


Always, Lois ****


God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    You have such a rich life even tho you don't get out much.

    It is supposed to get up to 68F or 20C on Good Friday. we need the heat. It's early but happy Easter.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Momar..
    Very true.. Always somnething :-) Its gonna get nice here too.. Keep safe and well... so good to hear from you :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker