ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

~Emerald Green~ :-)


Nice day today tho it started with rain...The grass needs it
though.. things get so dry with the heat..And as hot as its
been here, we need the rain too.. not floods, but a nice
steady rain. Things get so green..When I look out across
the lawns, and they kinda are a beautiful emerald green..
a nice warm glowing green... :-)

When I lived in Pasadena, outside Houston, there was an
associate pastor, Brother Tiner was his name, his wife was
Agnes..Dear sweet lady. She had MS and lost her sight right
after her youngest son , Drew, was born..They had an older
boy too.. Agnes only saw Drew a few times, and he was a
mama's boy..you could tell how much he loved her, he watched
over her all the time and didn't mind at all helping her...

Willie and I usta go over there just to visit we were close friends.
Brother Tiner, CB, had just bought a new car, A beautiful green
Lincoln.. Agnes asked me "Lois, just WHAT color is our new car,
describe it for me..when I ask CB he says 'its green'...describe
WHAT shade of green..please"... I proceed to tell her that when
the sun hit the car, it almost glowed..there were gold flecks of
metallic mixed in with the most beautiful emerald green, like what
the Emerald City was like on the wizard of oz".. She smiled and
said.."AHHH, NOW I know just what color green!" :-)


Amazing how just adding a few words to green can make you see
in your mind just what color is.. When I see outside all damp and
Emerald Green..it always reminds me of that day, describing what
color Agnes' new car really was.. :-)

I feel pretty ok.. Penny came and she cleaned out and re arranged
the freezer for me..some pork chops I had in there almost fell out
and if I hadnt dodged they would have hit me right in the face..I
wish I had a fridge with a freezer on the bottom...Would be so
much easier for me.. I had a side by side at the apartment..I liked
that but I was amazed it really didn't hold that much.The ice maker
took up a whole shelf! Which I don't use Ice, so I didn't have it
connected... But I sure would like a different fridge..There is a
dishwasher here too. but we don't use it.. I never did want one.
Hands work...

Lunch today for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE, I think will just be
some hamberger helper, I wanted some stuffed peppers but
Penny just wont have time..She leaves at 12:30 and its almost
noon now..So we may save the peppers till Friday.. I have some
ground meat in the fridge so I think the helper stuff is on the
menu..Some of it is quite good..So Anyhoway...

Post time and time to eat... Graybelle showed up today I was
SO glad to see her.. She hadnt been here for days..Poor thing
was so hungry and her poor little mouth still is not healed..These
cats worry me so much.. :-) Hope you have a good day and
remember,,, I will return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice bit. I especially enjoyed your telling about color to the blind lady.
    I wrote a little narration ... Sakagawea from the Lewis and Clarke story. One of the things I had trouble with was trying to imagine how she would describe Clarke's red hair. I mean really would she call red hair red? I finally decited to call it hawk tail color hair after what we call a red-tailed hawk.

    d

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya d..
    She had sight for many years..but to describe a color to someone that was born blind.that would be hard..For red I would use something hot..for blue, something cool..for green, something soothing, calming.nothing can really be described in ONE word..
    look at me..I be a GORGEOUS WEEBLE..see? takes 2 words :-)
    Good to hear from you! :-)

    Love N'Hugs!
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker