ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, May 21, 2011

~Happy Birthday Dolly~

Kelli & Dad, Donnie .. now
Kelli & Dad, then
Donnie, Me & Kelli..

Today is my Dolly's birthday. My grand daughter
Kelli Beth. She is 27 today. The first time I saw
her I said "She is such a dolly", and Ive called her
Dolly ever since. She still is. Shes a lovely woman
and all of us are so proud of her. She has proven
to be a hard worker, a great mom and a tender,
caring daughter and grand daughter.

Kelli in Papa's shoes & Skeeter

My ex, Willie, and I babysat for Kelli every day as
her mom and Dad both worked. Kellis mom was
killed when she was 4, Donnie, her dad raised
her and has done a wonderful job. Willie, her Papa,
I'm Gran, loved having this girl every day, lots of
times she spent the night.The only time Papa and
I argued was over who Kelli was spending the day
with. She loved going with her Papa, but she loved
being with me too. She was so smart and such a
happy girl we looked forward to her arriving every
morning.
Kelli & Skeeters cart

I have always had pets, cats and dogs. Kelli loved
them all.. Her favorite was my black Burmese cat
named Skeeter. He followed her around constantly
and they had the best time together. She loved all
my pets, Greta, my shepherd and Gracie my other
cat. Skeeter was her favorite though.
Kelli in Papa's shoes again & Skeeter

We had bought Kelli a small grocery cart that she
wanted. When she would play with it she would hunt
down Skeeter, pick him up and cram him into that
cart, so she could push him around. Needless to say
he was not too impressed and didn't especially like
being in there. Kelli didn't care, she wanted him in it!
Kelli & Skeeter

As she walked all over the house pushing that cart
Skeeter would try to jump out. Kelli would get very
upset and smack that cat on top the head telling him
"You STAY in this cart!".. Skeeter would hunker down
and just put up with the ride, hoping soon she would
tire of it and he could escape.
Kelli loved Greta

Kelli had gone home and I got to looking for Skeeter.
I called him and looked in his favorite napping spots
and he was no where to be found. THEN it hit me, I
remember Kelli pushing him in the cart that day and
I went in search of it. Our spare bedroom was where
we kept all of Kellis toys and she always put her toys
away before she left. 3 guesses where I found my cat?
Yup.. poor Skeeter was STILL in that cart with the most
pitiful look on his face. I went up to him and helped him
out of that cart. That cat had been in that cart most of
the afternoon. When he jumped out he hit the floor running
and headed straight to his litter box.. Poor kittie.. I made
sure after that Kelli let him out after she was done pushing
him around... :-)
Kelli & Gracie

I have many many stories of this special girl. She made 2
people very happy then and still does. Shes given us 2
great grands that I wish I knew better, but we live over an
hour apart so its kinda hard to see them a lot. Kelli and
Jorge both work every day and to plan a visit takes some
scheduling. Her Papa lives in Louisiana but makes trips
up here to see her quite often.

Its a beautiful day today and I am enjoying all my birds
and kitties. I watched today as one of the black birds
dive bombed one of the cats.. I didn't know they did that,
I know bluejays will but Ive not seen a jay in quite awhile.
The cardinals have been here and I saw a new blackbird
called a red wing blackbird..quite pretty. My tomatoes are
growing and I am anxiously waiting for them..


I feel good today and I'm so glad.. No aches or pains. I'm
still a GORGEOUS WEEBLE too! Happy weekend ...
Keep well and God Bless....

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    What sweet pictures. Your Girl sure turned out great!!
    That is a very good one of my Fav. Weeble, too!!
    Take care, Honey,
    God Bless,
    Love You,
    Raife

    XOX

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi honey,
    Shes such a great girl. Glad you like the photos..good to hear from you..
    Love N'hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker