ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

~Family~

I found out I have a lot of family on my
dads side. The Woodworth family. There
is a website and a yahoo group that of
course I belong to.. Ive found I have
cousins in Kalamazoo, Battle Creek and
Grand Rapids. Ive talked to my cousin
Mary, shes very nice, and not far, so
I'm hoping she might come and visit me.
Id sure like that. She has a sister Gayle,
like I did.
Milk House
Our cousin Lowell that's in charge of the
yahoo group, lives in FL, came up here to
Grand Rapids on his way up to the Soo, he
and his wife stopped at the Woodworth farm
I wrote and told him about. My cousin Earl
(Hap) Woodworth lived there. I found a
newspaper clipping that told of a celebration
there in 1982 for the 100 year birthday of
the farm. It was purchased in 1892 by Irving,
Haps dad. The farm is in Grand Rapids, it used
to be a dairy .
15 room farmhouse
I sure would love to go and see this farm. The
15 room farmhouse is still there and the milk
barn and the big barn. There is 240 acres there.
Sadly it was sold to the Grand Rapids Gravel
Company and is rented to someone. The renter
was very nice to show Lowell, Kathy and 2 of
our other cousins, Mary and Gayle around. The
photos are Lowells. So amazing to see the road
sign of my familys name. If I could get a ride, I
surely would go. :-)
Barn
I talked to my boy last night and he promises to
come over the weekend to finish my deck.. I cant
wait. I promised him I would make some potato
salad for him, one of his favorites too. I have to
admit my potato salad is the best of any I have
ever eaten.. :-)
Almost lunch time and I'm still waiting for Rebecca
to come by.. The ants were all over hummers feeder
and he sure was mad. You can see the ant legs even.
Its sugar water in there so its sticky :-) I'm gonna
post this cuz this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is hungry,
stay cool, keep well and God Bless...

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    That wonderful that you have more family close by, hope you get to meet most of them.
    Ham&beans and cornbread was good eating, still some leftover and we love leftover.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im glad to find relatives. I hope I get to visit with them.

    Beans are always gooder the next day. why I make enuff for 2 days lol..

    Good to hear from you
    Love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker