ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

~Goldfinch Is Back !~


While I was talking on the phone this
morning and looking out the back door, I
had the nicest surprise! You see the photo,
a goldfinch was on the sunflower..
They are the most beautiful bird. Well
they all are, but I enjoy the finch, it
reminds me of the canaries my gramma
Wales had. She loved those birds and they
loved her...
Their names were Pete and Repeat.. :-)
Really...She would go up to the cage and
tell the birds," are you going to sing for
me today?" They would start to warble
and get louder and louder and gramma
loved it.
If they sang during the day when gramma
hadnt asked them she would say "listen, the
birds are happy, you can tell by their singing".
She had those birds a long time and even had
baby canaries. Gramma loved her birds.. I guess
I'm like my gramma, cuz I love birds too... I
miss them when they don't come by. We keep
the feeders well stocked with food.
Its another hot day and no relief in site, it
did rain for a short time yesterday but not
enough to help my grass. I guess I should
get a hose and sprinkler, I bet the birds
would like that, but I cant get to the faucet
outside, well once I get my deck I can, its
on the side of the house.
All my sunflowers are doing great. Here by
the door and over by the cat house. Lots of
flowers for the finchers :-)
Its lunch time and I'm having some fresh
from Pennys garden green beans. They are
so good I almost cant stand it. We put some
bacon and a little diced onion and they are
wonderful.. I wish I had more. Penny is going
to bring some more on Monday YIPPEE!!!

Until tomorrow, this GORGEOUS WEEBLE
hopes you have a great weekend. Keep cool
and well.. God Bless...
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 6:22 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Great pictures of the goldfinch and sunflower.
    It's 109.5 on my front porch in the shade. The house inside is not as cool either.
    God a good day Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I love these sunflowers so pretty and that they draw the finches is great, Its not quite as hot today YET..
    Try to keep cool, Did you know if you put ice cubes in front of a fan it will blow cool air? People that couldnt afford ac in Texas told me about it and it works!

    Love n'hugs,
    Loia ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker