ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

~Busy Bee Is Me~





I have been busy again today. 4 dozen chocolate chip cookies, and
2 loaves of banana bread. And the cookies are wonderful..Very tasty.
I didnt put nuts in the banana bread as I couldnt find my nut grinder,,
and I cant find my favorite knife.. I KNOW I had it last nite..and I think
it went under the refrigerator, I hate losing that knife, was the only
one I used as it was the sharpest...:-( ratz, and the nut grinder upper
was my mom's..hmmm, I have NO idea where it is..:-(

I did get the spot under the kitchen sink cleaned out lookin for my
knife.. It amazed me how much I took being able to make those
quick short moves or reach something stuck in a corner..for
granted..but I guess when we CAN do things we dont think that
there may ever be a time when we cant..I didnt..To reach under
the sink.. I have to make sure I have my grabber, and I have to
make sure my chair is locked down..yes.. I learned THAT reallll
fast..only took ONE time of falling out to learn THAT lesson.


But what i did notice is..if I am only a few inches out of reach..
what I have to go thru to MOVE those few inches..unlock..rolll..,
re lock..then hope I have moved enough..I needed a plastic
container to put some left over nuts in.. and the cabinet they
are in..is the one over the sink..well ratz..I cant see whats up
there- unless I back all the way up to the dining room lol..then I
cant reach up there to any thing really cause my arms are short
remember? when I use my grabber to get a bowl off there it
has to be in front of the shelf..If it goes to the back I cant reach
it with my grabber anyway..Ruth had a bad habit of putting glass
stuff high up and THAT can be dangerous..specially if its heavy
and I dont have a tight grip on the handle holder thingie...ahhhh
the JOYS of being SHORT lolol...

I dont know.. I take 4 steps..well rolls. forward and 6 rolls back lol..I
looked and looked for my favorite and SHARPEST knife I have
and it is no where to be found that I can reach anyway..I even
looked thru trash...I cant get under the fridge. I have tried till I gave
myself a headache bending over so many times using the fly
swatter to get under there... I will just have to wait till Jane gets
here friday, IF she comes..the COA is closed on friday .I hope she
does..will mean a week with out her helping me, and my floors by
friday i know will need attention, and of course, its the CATS fault lol

I didnt roll over anything today and make a mess but I did leave a
trail of coffee that sloshed out of my cup..I did like my friend Judi
suggested tho and started to put my coffee back into a thermos
to carry in here. I used to use a carafe, but it didnt keep the coffee
hot for very long...This works pretty good.

I have gotten so many nice comments about the photo up top..I
only just took that this morning..and I have been working on a
video clip for my wish list for those that are on it..Send a email
or message me on yahoo and I will add you..But I do need a
email so I can send you the little giftie that is if you want it..:-)

Thanks again to all of you that take the time to come and read this
two cents of mine and say such nice things and write such sweet
letters..It really means alot to me, I dont think there is a woman
in the world doesnt like to hear she is beautiful. Does wonders
for me. :-D

well I think I better check out some of that pumpkin pie..It is SO
creamy and smooth , a great taster let me tell ya..I could be a
real pig and just eat it all in one sitting..but Im good I wait at
least a few hours lolol- no no just kidding..it is half gone already
tho..well I have a weakness for pumpkin pie..and the lunch they
brought today .I had NO idea what it was except it was FULL of
ickky carrots. I had 2 kinds of pie for lunch, the delicious meat
pie and that MMM good pumpkin..Now..I am gonna have
another piece of pumpkin pie in just a few short minutes ..well
in as long as it takes me to hit post and roll out there..If I dont hurry
that pie will be SCREAMING at me to come and get a piece..:-)
So kitchen here I come..then its off to lay and relax, I got up at 3 am
DUHHHH what is wrong with THAT picture? Just call me
Miss Insomnia now :-)..hmm I sure have alot of names hey? lol
You can call me just about anything but PLEASE....NEVER---
call me late for supper :-)

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? Luv ya all so much.&.thanks..
Always, Lois***
.
May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i really am Blessed today,
    I'm so glad you are my friend,
    I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
    Till I get to see you LIVE again.

    Honey you lighten up my life, even when you tell about your troubles and SHORTcomings... I think sharing your ups, but also DOWNS, draw you closer to me. You dont feel so far away, and thats a good thing, honey!
    KAO
    ***+*
    Your Rob

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Rob, how sweet, you say the nicest things. I hope you are feeling better. Make sure you get plenty of rest and take good care of yourself. We all are only as far away from each other as our computers. They are so wonderful.
    take care my friend...
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a Sabatier carbon steel utility knife. It is not stainless steel, but it holds an edge well. It is now about 30 years old. Most restaurant people use carbon steel. I also own a steel to sharpen knives. Lately I am thinking about making felafel. They are fried chickpea balls which are inserted into pita bread pockets. More about felafel in the near future.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar, I did have wonderful knives, but my ex decided he wanted them,so I got the cheapie ones. The one I had was a small paring knife. Was a sharp little thing, kept a good edge. Hopefully jane can get it.

    Felafel? I think I've heard of that. My coffee maker quit on me this am. I hate when it does that. I have my good old stand by. Guess its time for a new coffee pot. Seems one thing goes and everything else does too..*sigh* Good thing its Christmas and my birthday next month lol..Have a good day :-)
    Always,Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker