ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

~Eye Level~


I had company a while back.. and the person was, I dont think aware
that there is a right way and a wrong way to talk or chat to someone
in a wheelchair. She kept standing and more or less hovering. I dont
know if perhaps she didnt want to be here or what...But it made it
very uncomfortable for me as I am sure it does to most that live in
chairs.. this is something I think those in chairs deal with daily if
they encounter alot of people during the day.. I dont but when I
have been around alot..I've noticed this. And who likes a pain in
the neck?

To just stop and chat to someone in a chair for a minute or two..and
stay standing is different.. But if you plan to visit with that person for
any length of time..common courtesy is to sit..eye level..or eye to eye so
to speak...For me to talk to someone for any length of time, to constantly
look up is NOT easy..gives you a kink in your neck...Does me anyway.
And then I dont want to look at that person anymore..and then they feel
like I dont want them here perhaps, when its not that at all. i just have a
sore neck..

I was describing to a friend about laying on my stomach.. I have lots of
scars there. from so many surgeries...and to lay on it is NOT a really
great feeling, but I have done it.. But for me to lean over the side of the
bed..I have to hold onto something.. I cant not hold on..why? hmmm?
well my center of gravity has shifted..and I am now top heavy. lolol
ok ok no comment...and thats NOT why lol...with no legs...i dont have
anything to keep me on the bed if I dont hold on..I will go right off
head first..dont ask how i know this either...lol...Just trust me..its true.
If I lean too far I would hit the floor.. lay on your stomach and keep
legs bent at the knees and both arms reaching down over the side..
can u get up? I bet you cant, and If you can how easy is it? you have
to have the leverage legs give you.. I didnt realize myself all this till
I leaned way over and tried to get back up with out giving myself a
heart attack doing it..I know you can just picture me rolling around
like a weeble stuck on its side lol...I think weeble is a good word .a
funny description..but its really true except they can sit back up
better than me lol... Anyway.. its best to let someone else..get the
stuff "your cat" knocks on the floor.

I was up early and had good intentions of getting alot done today
too and I have to say.. where did today go? its after 6..and last
time I looked at the time was about 2 or so writing a letter to
kelli she is so ready for some cookies... I will make her some
of my good chocolate ones..just like brownies maybe..depends
on how i feel tomorrow.. I did play with my webcam today tho..
and I do have a nice little clippie I made just for you on my list..
so..better hurry and send me your email and get on it...

Well I hear some pie calling me..This is really a nice Christmas..
even tho Its just me and the boys. They got a gift too .. a friend
brought this MASSIVE jar of cat food..now how nice is that?
cable.. printer..sweater..candy..wow..and cat food? heyyyyy
this is good now...Im havin a happy holly day here..I got cookies
cats and lotsa friends..family..and DONT gotta go out in the
cold and snow. Merry Christmas to me . :-)

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya.. and THANKS.. :-)
Always.. Lois***



May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

10 Comments:

  • At 4:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Since you lost your legs - everything changes. Can you get one of those triangle pull things so you can pull yourself up?
    I think a variable height wheel chair would make your life easier. I do not think they exist. Tis the season to put up with the shortest day of the year.

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Momar. I have heard that there is a new power chair that raises..also one that climbs stairs. Next year they will replace this one for hopefully one that does raise. Sure would make
    life easier for me. But then power chairs spoil you, made me weak.. so I am not sure what I am willing to sacrifice..the faster movement or more ability to do things at a better height... decisions,, decisions.. *SIGH*
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest honey-Lois!
    I certainly dont know what a weeble is, but it must be something very sweet if you looks like one..... Take care now dear so you dont catch my condition. Fever, cough and rinning nose. But ill bet you would be a cute little Lois even in that condition!
    KAO
    ***+*
    Rob

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Rob. I hope you get to feeling better! And YES, I do hope I dont get it..

    A weeble is a little tiny toy. that has a rounded bottom and rocks back and forth-it has no legs-like me :-) and yes they are very cute-like me! :-)

    Get Well soon! Do you need a nurse? I was a good one you know :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wish all nurses looked like you.... But the hospitals would be filled with faker, who was there to meet the cute nolegged nurse. Lucky you dont work any longer...
    Kisses
    Rob

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Robert. yes, I have many blessings, not having to work any longer is most definitely one of them.. get better now y'hear? :-)
    Always,Lois***

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    That weeble at the star of you weblog is quite the best looking and cuddliest one I have ever seen!!! lolol ;-)
    Love and hugs,
    Raife.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Ahhh Raife.. you say the sweetest things. I just took that weeble picture this morning, it is hot off the press lol...

    I just made banana bread and
    chocolate chip cookies, lets have
    a tea party shall we? ;-)

    everyone is invited....and a great time was had by all ... :-) Merry Christmas to us...
    Always, Lois ***

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HI SWEETIE, LOVE THE PICTURE,I SENT YOU SOME MUSIC CHECK YOUR MAIL

    THIS IS AN AWESOME WEB BLOG. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    LOVE YA JUDI

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Judi!!! Welcome to my world! :-) yes I got Papa Saint Nick.. I love it..thank you. I LOVE Cajun music, gets these invisible feet a-tappin' lol...

    Thanks for the great comment your so sweet and such a dear friend..I am so glad you are back.I have missed you..
    :-) Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker