ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, December 19, 2005

~Smells In Here :-)~

Smells so good in here. Of Pumpkin and cookies and all that good stuff
I got up about 4:30 am or so and was feeling pretty good and decided
I was gonna get these cookies made or I wouldn't have something for
Christmas giving..I made a pumpkin pie..2 dozen peanut butter cookies
and 2 dozen sugar cookies.. AND a luscious Cornish Meat Pie..I did
SO good today.. I impressed myself.. :-) ..

Don't ask the condition my kitchen is in however.. did I drop, spill or
damage anything..?? well..yes , of course I did..wouldnt be the same
if I didnt .. I burnt my arm on the oven door, and I spilt water all over
the floor when I ran over the cat dish, and I dropped a cookie..and
yesss I ran over that too .. what I get for rollin and not looking first ..
I did clean up tho..and there are some dishes i rinsed off in the
sink.. By the time I finished and of course ate some meat pie, and
tasted a couple cookies well I had NO choice but to take a short
nap..ok ... not short..was 4 hours. lol..well I worked hard...

Tomorrow I will package the cookies up into these 2 great tins
with handles and put some candies around them and it will make
a nice gift.. My neighbor Penny that has helped me so much I have
a luscious box of candy for her..I hope she likes it. I may save some
cookies for Katie.. shes 9, sweet little thing, I bet she would love
a little giftie too...I may put something together for her as well.. The
best part of Christmas to me is what I can give to someone else..
Now dont get me wrong.. I LOVE to get presents.. but I get alot of
joy out of giving to others.. I've always been that way..and who
DOESNT Like to get presents ? I dont know too many that dont..

With everything as hard as it is out there for familys now days I
feel bad for them.. both parents working so hard to give them
selves a good life..sure isnt easy.. There are so many companies
closing specially here in Michigan..sad to hear when they say
thousands have lost their jobs..what will these people do? I am
so blessed I dont have to worry.. I did get a small raise on my
monthly check.. lol..but they raised my rent.. and are lowering
my food stamps..so I dont understand why the even bother..I
guess just to be able to say they did.. The raises never affect
anything..say cost of living raise..lol..ok..but I still aint livin
any better LOL...go figgure..

I did get a wonderful surprise tho today!!!! I got a new 3 in 1
printer!!!! It is just wonderful.. What a great Christmas gift.. I am
just SO happy!!! 2 gifts this year? my new printer and then the
new sweater & candy from my sis? wow.. This is such a treat!
Another friend said they were sending me a gift as well..I am
just so fortunate to have so MANY blessings.. I am truly grateful
I really am.. Things I really need but just cant get.. I am just
thrilled I LOVE PRESENTS.. and I have a birthday in January
too !!! :-) Life is good.. I am happy. So many wonderful friends
who could ask for more?
.
Well there is a piece of pie out in my kitchen with my name on
it..and I hear it calling me..so I better go get it and EAT it lol I
would not want that pie to think I didnt like it :-)

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? Luv ya! THANKS!!!
Always, Lois ***


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...




5 Comments:

  • At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my best cookie results were with the toll house cookie recipe on the quaker oats package. I was married then and the wife thought I was nuts to spend so much time making cookies - but I loved the cookies. Now I spend my cooking time making soups.

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Gee, I can just about smell those cookies and pies over here.
    Blees your dear heart, you are SUCH an optimist, you lighten my day.
    Love and hugs,
    Raife

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Yes, toll house cookies are good..so are the bars. Soups are wonderful as well momar. my very best favorite soup is green split pea soup. My grandmother could make that soup like no other. She was from Cornwall in the UK. And what a cook. I still can taste all the great things she made. Saffron buns. Lordy, how I LOVE those too.. Just the thought of those buns..my mouth waters...

    Raife, arent you just sweet. I want some of that puddin' you make, wanna trade? :-) I'll give you my cookies if'n you give me your puddin :-)
    Always,Lois***

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmmm. Cookies - love cookies - peanut butter - one of my favorites. Sure wish I could make that visit - of course - might take a while to get to the cookies - lol You Sweet thing - cookies are only second sweetest.
    Bare Hugs - always thinkin of ya.
    Bob

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty :-) so nice to know your thinkin of me. Well.. my coffee pot is always on...and you're most welcome butt you knew that ;-) and I ALWAYS have cookies, I keep them in a GORGEOUS container... ;-D
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker