ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

~12 Days Left~


Its 5 days to Christmas..and 7 more to starting a whole new
year again..I start mine off really great ..with a birthday right
off.. lets not forget it please?? lol.. the 20th..write it down lol.
Now, is THAT the way to start the year? Well..kinda sorta is..
well- you got no age number upper ahead for another whole
year..so..hey..I'll be ready for full steam ahead..well hopefully
anyway.. lol..well put it this way.. I'll be ready to face what ever
good or bad is ahead.. to be honest..I have a feeling there
will be some issues for me.. I see signs of it..and I know soon
I will have to go and just see what all the CRAP is doing.. Just
some things arent right..and I am really tired of it.. so I guess
I have to go and just see what the problem really is.. I bet I don't
want to know though..I like tingles..but not these kind :-) The boys
just look so wore out dont they? My focus on my cam is off and I
was playing so I took one of them.you can see how different
their faces are..quick glance theyre hard to tell apart..unless you
look at size and LB is ALOT bigger than Dutch lol..much to his
dismay ..he doesnt care tho..they seem to be getting along again..

My right stump for a long time..stays asleep as I describe it.. that
tingly feel..kinda picky? mine stays like that it seems. constantly
and at times really drives me nuts cuz im so sick of always feeling
it.. lol.. its like a nagging headache.. I try to lay different ways and
use my pillows to help me stay the way I wanna lay..You have NO
idea how hard it is to just roll to my side!!! I mean.. I have nothing
to grab onto but the side of my bed..IF I can reach it from the way
I am laying.. I have a small bed now..only a twin..I decided more
floor room was better..Im not one to lay all over the bed.. I more or
less stay in one spot..but.. When I go to turn..I have to have some
thing to grab..or I have to sit up..scoot and turn a bit..then lay back
down.. I used to do turning in my sleep! I cant now.. I wake up if
I want to lay on my side.. and I cant lay on my left side now .. no ..
not at all..

When I had my second abdominal bypass in 2000, they went in
up at my shoulder by my neck..not through my stomach like the
first time..they ran it down my side..I can feel it.. like a tube almost
that's the bypass Dr. Thomas said..he was my Dr. in ELkhart,
the Vascular Surgeon there..very very nice..good doctor. I told
him it hurt when I laid on that side now..he said.."well don't lay
on it" .ok..I don't lay on it..But I miss that.. When I want to lay on
my right I have to make sure I have a pillow between them as
my left stump is heavier than the right and longer..by maybe
3 or 4 inches..its hard to measure moving flesh..lol..well..to lay
on my right side I have to have my weight balanced..cuz if I lean
too far over to my right well I keep going ..Im a weeble person
lol.. I got nuthin to stop me from going on over..lol..which I have..
I know no one can see me when I do that but I know how funny
that has GOT to look and I do I can just see myself..I laugh..
Boy I just gave y'all a mind image there didn't I? lol. .sorry :-)
but its true.. Sleeping isnt really easy lol..

And If I have to get up during the night..well before..if I had to go
which I very seldom did..but I could almost go blindfolded..I
didn't really WAKE up..Now..well foo..By the time I drag my
butt into my chair im pretty much awake..and then as slippery
as this seat riser is..with no side rails..well. I cant afford to be
sleepy.. so then Im wide awake.and its 3am..isnt this cute?
Then I get up..if I don't and go ahead and go back to bed..and
go thru all THAT movement..I still don't go back to sleep so I
get back up..I finally learned that..now I just get up and when I
get tired I take nap..ive done pretty good lately for no nap..but
its been hetic during the day a lot ..but a few nights by the time
I finish writing these posts ..I mean if I don't go to bed my key
board will just slap my face and wake me up you know? I
know Im not the only one THAT has happened to...just seems
the reminders are constant..even during the night..this right
stump will start to wake up or go to sleep I don't know what
is doing but..well I just have no choice but to sit up..seems
that helps..Awhile back I was having this same trouble and
it was from no cushion..and not laying flat enough.. so that
could be the same problem again..it just isnt acting right..
lol. its acting left :-D I wish it would ..my left has almost NO
feeling at all except when that buggar is down there stabbing
me in the toe or in the heel!! lol.. Ahhh..life is good...:-)

Well I just went off on a few different things didn't I? see ? I
think I said that last nite..I do this in email too, so if you are
brave enough to write to me ..well I do answer you know..
every letter I get..but sometimes they tend to be LONG..and
I tend to be quite nosey too.. well I tell all about me.! so ..hey
I like to KNOW too :-).. well that's how friends get to know each
other BY asking questions..that shows you ARE interested in
them enough to write and ask, or answer as the case may be..
And Mary .... my friend.. I know your reading this.. . . I want to
say." Thank you my friend, I am so glad you come here to visit
with me every day ..and care and want to know about my life
and to share it with me..and to let me share yours with you. I
appreciate you so very much, thank you" Those of you that take
the time to write the comments to me..Cherry, Rob, Lynn,Robert,
Raife, Momar, Gray, and Mr sweetie..Blue..he says Im BOSSY!
he lies and Raife swears to it lol..its a funny from on Blue's Blog..
he has everyone guessing what hes saying cuz he uses Stnyren
or something lol.. he knows.. hes from Australia ..they have their
own language down there..GREAT accent though, Raife comments
on Blues blog for me as well since I don't want a yahoo 360 page..
I like it here..then anyone can read and comment.not join if they
don't want to..You don't have to be a member of Blogspot to leave
a comment..I think it says that but you dont..but anyway-well I just
appreciate it so much..makes my day ..really does..I wish EVERY
ONE that read would..THAT would be great fun..lol SO....you
KNOW whats next. :-)

I aint writin it..lol..but- its just north of where I am..and its cold..then
im headed south east to where its warm and theres a drive in
movie if I time it right LOL.. Nitey Nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Luv ya..and THANKS !! :-)

Always, aint I ? :-D Lois.. ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..



11 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy& zed now I've said my abc's and it is time to go to bed.
    We all have different sleeping habits. I sleep with my head up and my feet up. I have the radio going all night listening to the bbc world service. It comes in via a local non-commercial fm station.
    I smoke one every night before I go to bed, and have a couple cookies (biscuits) and a couple chocolates. I sleep well & maybe get up once.

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois that picture is awesome of your boys,awesome picture.
    So you got a birthday 20th of Dec...HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS...wow you are a another year older my friend...and that a good thing...I hoping to be 65 in 2009 so I will have medicare.
    So busy with Becky today, she has a sore on the bottom of her leg. The Home Health Care Nurse has seen it twice, and it still not doing any good. I have been there most of the day, I need to check 2 or 3 times a day, if I have too I will go in the middle of the night if it don't get any better.
    Staff don't alway do the thing they should for Becky, so I have to keep a close eye when problem come up.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS
    God bless you

    Mary

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar..
    good to hear from you..yes. i think we all have our own way to snuggle down to get the rest we need..when I hung the bedding and sheets outside..that was such a wonderful smell..no other like it..meant an excellent nights sleep. :-)

    Hi Mary.. :-) No honey.. my birthday is in January..the 20th.. Its kind of a sad, glad day..my sister died on my birthday 2 years ago. Wasnt a happy one that year..My oldest birth sister, MaryJane, she had emphasema.

    I had a horrible infection that lasted over a year..they tried everything to heal it..all sorts of things..and the best was just washing and dressing and keeping dry. Heat lamps carefully monitored can do alot of good..Notice CAREFULLY monitored.as they can cause some serious problems too. That does work. I have some Blue gel like jelly that I got in the hellhome that is THE very best stuff ..Heals almost over nite it seems..guards against damp or wet as its like a vaseline, and prohibits wet from the skin..its great. I am almost out of it..I have NO idea where to get more either..well I could go to the hellhome I can almost see it from here...
    I hope you got your stat Mary..and That Becky heals up ok..
    take care..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry Lois I messed up on that, wow in Jan for me that a busy BIRTHDAY MONTH 8 of my family have has birthday ,8th mom,15th dad, grandson 18th, 2 nieces the 19th, 25th mother in law,27th brother.
    Now your the 20th that a lot of birthday. must be the best time to be born them...Mary

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good morning Mary,
    January is a good month.. I am an Aquarian..I have many in my family as well..my dad the 28, 13 for gramma, 2 nieces on the 19th..2 aunts on the 22.. lol.. and..the 20th is the day,
    every 4 years they inaugerate the President..easy way to remembember that lol..

    COLD here today..cold in HERE today lol..hope your snug and warm..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonne fete ma Belle,
    Robert

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Bon Jour Robert..
    Fete? ok..I dunno that one lol..is this a test? :-D hope all is well by you ..so nice to hear from you,
    always,Lois **** :-)

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You, Bossy??? Now who could even suggest such a thing. Mind you, you are the only Dak that I know who can put her foot down with a firm hand!!!! lol. ;o)
    Those two Regal looking boys sure are pampered pets, living in the lap of luxury.
    What you need at night is a knight!!! preferably one in shining armour!! You woud find him very useful to help you turn over at night.
    Take care, Hoin. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife...
    I KNOW..Im keeping that candle in the window but I think his horse went lame lol.. Ive been waitin too long now..sheesh..thought he would find me by now..I aint hidin lol..

    Still hangin ok over there ? :-D
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    If you need any help measuring your stumps, just give a holler. That's what friends are for.

    That warm drive-in sounds like a pretty nice place to spend an evening.

    I'm sorry I haven;t been around the last few days- it has been pretty busy here. Thanks for all the nice entries.

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray..
    and thanks :-) wondered what happened to you..I think everyone is rushin around we are on the countdown lol..end of year is always a busy time..well dont over do..and thanks again!

    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker