ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, December 23, 2006

~I'll Be Fine~ :-)


I'll be by myself this Christmas..but now..don't go feeling
bad that I will be here alone..well the boys will be here..lol..
Guess what I do have here.. :-) Penny brought me 6 kinds
of cookies..at least 2 dozen..24 of each.. 2 loaves of bread..
banana and date..and 3 kinds of fudge..at least 15 pieces
of each kind. Peanut butter, pecan and chocolate.. and MMM
it is SO good.. ive tasted it all. So I will bury my aloneness
in my cookies..and breads and fudge.. lol. I will be fine :-)

I have gotten some wonderful cards..and some of the nicest
gifties in the mail.. and my pay pal button was used! first time..
This is a great Christmas..really.. Im happy..I have spent the
last 4 Christmases alone..but not really.. Blue is already on
Christmas Eve..hes 16 hours ahead of Michigan.. I hope he
asks Santa what else hes bringin me lol..So I know he will
be phoning, like he said, and I know some others will also..but
I do want to say thanks for all the kind words.. encouragement..
the updates on your familys.. makes me feel a part of it.. I
enjoy. no I LOVE knowing who reads this..and what you think
and am I doing good, bad or other wise, and I love when you
tell me .. so Thanks hey? And Merry Christmas to you too..:-)

Had big doings here today tho..even being a holiday .. the words
are.. "WHAT NOW LOIS???" lol.. well I don't know who..I would
say Ken,, when he left last nite..he didn't shut the porch door..
During the night the wind has increased..about 4 am the boys
both start to meow..and LB comes and nudges me.. which he
only does that if its something he feels needs attention..and Dutch
hes sitting in the door way all wide eyed and scared ..looking at the
door! I said "ohoh" cats are good watch dogs you know. So I listen
hear bang ..wind.. bang.. wind. I open the door.well unlock it first. I
stay locked all the time. peek out.. its so daylight over here from
that garage and there is the door swinging..back and forth. .
not a thing I could do.. early morning reminder :-(

If I had gone out.. I would have had to leave this inside door open,
the boys would have gotten out.. so I had to leave it.. The draft
around this inside door was awful the metal outside wheel was
freezing cold..I noticed that when I got in my chair.. It was 4am..
like Im gonna call someone then say "HEY, come close my door"
talk about a daily reminder hey? I waited until 9 and I called
Penny to see If she was coming over but she didn't call me back
till about 1..about 11 ...Becky called said.."im coming to town
and will drop off some cat food for you, by the way your front
door was open this morning when I went by"..she lives in
the town I was in at the shelter so to go to the big Meijers she
had to go past my house. She said she wasn't sure if someone
was here or not so she didn't stop then..On her way back she
did stop..we had a nice visit ..shes very new on the computer..
she knows basics..and wants to learn more.. She just retired and
is really enjoying not having to work..she has a grand niece
named Lilly, shes 4 and Becky just loves this child.. was her
birthday just the other day.. She checked my mail and of course
the boys were all over her.. LB laid by her side the whole time
so she could rub him.. they really like her..and she likes them
she says shes never seen such socialble cats..


Becky left..and Penny called and came over bearing the breads
and delicious fudge..she put 2 nails up top of each side of the
door.. when she left I took my blanket and used my grabber to
put the blanket up on the nails to cover the draft from the door.
its really helped.. Penny said she could see light through the
side and top. It got almost instantly warmer when I put the
blankets.. well no.. not blankets..I call them my woolbies..they
are coverlets.. like blankets..made of polar fleece..very very
warm and so light weight you cant even feel it on you..I love it
every year my sis makes me a couple ..she knows I love them..
If you don't have a polar fleece woolbie..get one..theyre really
warm and so soft.. almost like velvet..and light and airy kinda
no weight to them at all. I love mine.. I told my sis I need new
they are worn out. I don't think that material ever wears out
though lol.

So you see..daily reminder.. I did try to put a nail in by the door
but no..I just could not do it..that wood was just too hard.. I hope
it isnt very long till I get the new door.. ill have to start reminding
people when they leave to make sure that porch door is closed
tight.. I am going to see about putting some plastic up over the
screen on the porch and over the bottom of the door, the glass
is gone..half is screen. that will make a big difference too..then
if they really did order the new windows- should be snug in here..
I asked Chris if he had received any rent payments.I feel bad..
hes not gotten one yet.. he was informed it had gone through
but still not heard or seen a check..month 3 is starting..well 2
but a month ahead... 2 months ive been in here..and I should
be ashamed for not having this place done. Im just lazy lol. no.
its just not EASY for a GORGEOUS weeble.

So another exciting day at Weebleville lol.. Im hunkered down
got me all covered and locked and boarded up..got cookies
and soda..and fudge and 2 cats to torment me lol..hey..Im
good to go..I can last till Tuesday when I should see life forms
again lol.. someone will beam in ..Im ready to beam to my bed.
"Beam me up Scotty." Nitey nite ;-D


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

2 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois wow I just got on the computer for the first time today, that rare for me. Becky sore on her leg is getting some better.
    I am keeping a very close eye on it, 3 time a day. Oh it hard on me to get there at 7am and then that night one at 10pm...the after noon is not so hard on me to check it.
    I just want to sleep in.
    Having a hard time getting my house ready for Christmas day, so much need to get done.
    This computer desk is always a mess with paper work.
    We got the Church ready for Sunday, I really enjoy that...but this body needs lots of rest after that.
    There will be no church service Sunday night.
    My daughter Beth love making cookies and candy. Her son William love making them too...
    I got to take a bath and go to bed, that alarm going off at 6:15 A.M.....Good night my friend...Mary

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    ALways alot to do on the holidays..My sis is expecting 15 grandkids,2 greats and 7 of her kids..lol..big crowd..its fun tho..I kinda miss it..
    Hope you have a good day, and Santa is most generous tonite :-)
    Merry Christmas Mary..and to your family..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker