ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 22, 2006

~Now WHAT???~

Only 2 days to Christmas. Makes me remember the ones from when
I was young, the family all gathering at each others homes..There
were most of my mothers family her sisters, Lillian and Phyllis, and
her brothers, Stanley, Ernie, Gordon, she had 2 others, Telfer and
David they lived in another state..But My Grandfathers brother
Stanley lived in the same town.He had 4 children that had children.
we were quite a large crowd.. the 5 of my mothers, all had stanley
had 3, ernie had 3 gordon had 5, phyllis had 5 and lillian had 2.
many many in our family.. Our get togethers were massive.. lol..
From Thanksgiving to after New Years, the week ends we steady
went somewhere or some were coming to our house..The women
all planned it out.. but it was a wonderful time.

We belonged to the Methodist Church then and I sang in the
choir of course ..alto..I automatically hear harmony when I
listen to music I still do even though I couldnt carry a tune
now in a bucket .. :-) My voice has changed..alot..I have NO
idea why.. its gotten very deep.. many many people .. and I get
SO mad.. when I talk to someone on the phone..they hear the
deep voice and automatically assume I am a man and call me
sir.. I get really upset..They ASSUME..I tell them NEVER call
a person Sir or Mam, until you KNOW .. they apologize, but
still thats right! I cant help my voice is that deep..its a strain
for me to raise it. I dont know whats happened to it. lol. I
guess that hysterectomy I had 30 years ago is doing this.
changing me or something hell if I know..but sure makes me
mad to be called SIR.. lol.. well.. it does.. they should NOT
do that.. anyway..I'm a GORGEOUS weeble lol.. :-)

BIG DEAL today.. lol. aint everyday though? sheesh the joys
of daily life of just LIVING lol.. no ones fault really tho.. Penny
came today and by the way brought my cookies ... I dont have
to tell you how GOOD they are do i? lol.. TRUST ME... they
are VERY GOOD...she brought 6 different kinds..everyone is
delicious..Well she worked her butt off today.. no we did some
unpacking and she did the usual stuff.. when she got ready to
go she set some things out on the porch..then came back in
to finish up..she went to close the door..and the door would
NOT close.. It stayed open at least a good 6 inches or more..
I couldnt believe it.. My first thought is NOW WHAT ELSE??

She slammed the door quite a few times..thinking well maybe
just sticking rained all day and really humid.. finally i had her
stop, I was afraid the mirror was gonna fall off the wall..well
she went and got some quilts and draped over the door to stop
the cold air from coming in.. I got on the phone..called Chris..
got his answering machine.. and left a dramatic emergency
call about the door..this was NOT a good thing..

Well I called Donnie..he was on his way home from work, he got
off at noon today and tomorrow hes going to go to Wisconsin. be
back tuesday.. he said he would stop by his house pick up what
he thought he would need..drill etc..and be right over.. Well soon
as I hung up Chris called..said he would be over in 10 minutes..I
called Donnie back and told him was ok..and to go home , :-) he
would have come, glad he didnt, he wanted some time with Dawn
before he set off for a long week end at his parents .. :-)
In 15 , 2 trucks showed up..Chris and his brother Ken, hes the
maintence man.. he worked on the door for about 45 minutes
and finally got it to work.. Chris said he ordered 3 new windows
for me..

Chris left and Ken stayed for a while.. he must be in his late 20's
maybe..not very old.. nice nice guy..and cute too..like Chris.. hes
32 or so .. not sure..young too.. well he made sure it was working
good and hung my mirror back up..I had Chris take it down just
to be safe..Lord..that thing fall big as it is Id have bad luck even
in my grave for petes sake lol.. :-).. well its huge ! its in the
photos.. we chatted for quite a while..and I told him about the
blog..and I even told him about my 2 worlds.. He listened very
carefully , asked questions.. and the whole time sat there, I
could see a like 'hmmm' look and he would rub his chin with
his finger while his it rested in his palm..like he was really
thinking.. well I explained and we chatted and he said he only
lives 2 blocks away and promised if I need any help or the door
gives me any problems..to call. and be assured I will..lol..Chris
said the same thing..that he would be around too if something
else happened or I needed something..thats really good to
know specially with Donnie being gone..

This is what I mean.. I feel sometimes very vulnerable.. and
I dont like that feeling..I have never felt that way before the
loss of my legs.. I didnt worry I had a way to really move..well
I can move now..but not go the same way.. lol.. I have a friend
told me about a German Shepherd dog..2 yrs old..for sale.. its
quite expensive for me... 350.oo.. but I get to thinking..I may
be should get a big dog..protection..help..etc.. but I just couldnt
let it out.. it would just be too hard.. If I could get out back to
the back yard..on a deck or what ever so I could watch while
it was outside and the yard was fenced..this one is only partly..
I do miss having one.. I do know when someone is by the door
or close..the cats will look and go to the door..if its someone
that they arent sure of..they run..if its someone like Penny
they will sit and wait at the door for her to come in..she has
to speak to them first..then me..lol.. Cats may not alert you
by sound..but if you watch them they will talk to you and tell
you things..cats are not stupid..people just never really train
them like a dog..ive seen some trained cats ..amazing what they
did..they are smart...and training a puppy? oh no no..I just
could NOT handle that.. I have enough with THAT !! training
my self NO TEA after 8 ! :-)

Well I have some great cookies out in that kitchen and I think
its time to test them all out a 2nd time..I told Dawn I had
them so..they dont come get em..well gee .. ;-) "guess I will
just have to SUFFER and eat them all my self"Lois oinked LOL..
Nitey Nite.. :-)

Y'all have a good one..Y'hear ..love ya.. and thanks.. :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

2 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois I never could carry a tune, alway wanted too...I can't even keep clapping like the other do,so I do it the way i like to clap...but very quietly.
    I going to have a nice Christmas day...most of my family going to be here it look like.
    Our Christmas day use to be big, but thing change when Bob had his heart attact in 2001. And was not able to work again...money got so tight with all the extra doctor and hospital bills...thing are better now. But we still have to be very carefull.
    I do buy for Becky,Pam and Michael, it is very inportant to me to make them happy. I want them to enjoy life as much as possible.
    I pray your Christmas day will be a blessing to you with family and friends. For it to fill your heart full of joy and peace.
    God bless you my friend...Mary

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I used to but I guess that left with some of the other attributes I had lol.. Im so glad your Christmas is going to be so nice this year..I have no plans or expect anyone to come by..would be nice..but ..well Im still happy in my little weeble house.. :-)
    I hope you have a nice saturday, take care..
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker