ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, December 25, 2006

~A Nice Christmas~


Merry Christmas..I hope Santa was good to you.. I had a
day of nice surprises..that I wasn't expecting and Im glad.. I
was sitting here and there was a knock at the door and it
was Raelynn. Was so nice to see her again..She came
bearing gifties for the boys..Some special cat food and a
nice toy they both seemed to like.. Of course they were all over
her they hadnt seen her for a long time and were very happy
and just smelled and sniffed all over her..lol..She picked up the
cake pan she had brought the cake in quite a while back.Said
they were having a lot of company today..Raelynn and Dolly, her
sister are both good cooks so I know their house is smellin good.
She came by again about 5 with dinner..I was so hungry then
too..THAT was REAL good.. The boys and I were pleased..:-)

My 2nd surprise was my sister and Stanley stopping by..She
came bearing fudge and cookies..oh and peanut brittle..that
sadly I cant eat..not with out these bottom teeth lol She also
brought some dish cloths she knitted for everyone..She sat at
night for months now knitting and making scrubbie balls out of
netting ..hmmm I didn't get a chore ball..well..and she forgot
that leopard silk lounger she said I could have too~!~ She needs
to make a list like I do..but then I lose my list lol..I bet I make up
about 4 or 5 grocery lists by the time Penny gets ready to go..I
keep forgetting where I put them lol.. I am well stocked Up on
goodies..as far as deserts. Im most grateful I have gotten this..
I got up at 430..I think I heard Santa and I just got wide awake
I got so excited lol.. :-) you believe that yes? :-)

I do that..I will lay there and suddenly realize Im awake..and
then I lay and listen to the sounds..see if I can hear the gong of
the chime clock my dear friend sent me..Its being a stinker..
sometimes out of the clear blue it will start to work.I hear this
loud tick tick tick..and shes runnin ..then days later I notice..hmm
I don't hear the clock..I keep a clock in every room..yes..even
the bathroom ..What? don't you ever wonder how long your in
there ? lol..I just have a time thing I guess.. I saw a clock in a
catalog I would love to have..it projects the time on the ceiling..
now how cool is that? I think Id like that..just lay there and look up.
Now I have to squint and see if I can see the time on my cable
box over in the corner ontop my TV! lol.. I wish my bedroom had
more outlets..only 1 can U imagine? just one? and NO phone
jack. I am going to see about running one in there..Donnie said
there is a lot of phone cable down in the basement so maybe
one day he can run a phone in there.. I forget to take my cordless
in there at night sometimes.. I get all the way in there ,,, up to the
bed..then say RATZ I forgot the phone..and I am NOT going to
fight this carpet and go all the way back in here to the desk to
get it..someone calls during the night on those forgetful days ..well
will just have to wait till I drag my butt to the chair..then to the phone
then fight the carpet..then answer! see? easy.lol..

I did take a small nap today.. I just seemed to have no choice..for
some reason I got really tired today about 3 and I had to put my
head down for a few..like my mom would say "take a five dear"
which is just what I did..I grabbed a pillow off the couch, pulled up
to the desk and leaned forward and took a little fiver lol..didn't sleep
very long..but I felt better when I woke up, now I will be up till the
cows come home tomorrow lol.. I hope not! lol..


Well was a very nice Christmas..even though I was here by myself
with the boys.. I had that company and I got some great phone calls
from a few friends that made my day special too..I had a good day.
Now it will be even a tad better..Im getting a piece of fudge and
gonna scoot this GORGEOUS weeble over to that bed..but first
say Nitey Nite and Merry Christmas..

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks :-)
Always,Lois****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..



4 Comments:

  • At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahhh!
    My prettygirl, honeylois. This pic is hard to top... Have a good end of 2006. c u more when i get home.....
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob..
    thank you :-) im glad you like it..be sure to drive safely on your return..I know its always nice to go..but like Dorothy said "theres no place like home"...isnt that the truth?...
    Hope you had a good Christmas... ;-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Thanks for the lovely photo, Lois. You look great.


    That's great that Raelynn came by. I am sure that the boys were happy.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,,
    Your welcome..and thanks bunches. I dont look a day over 30 hey? well ok 40 lol...

    Oh yes they were glad to see her and get the smells from all her cats..and she played with them I think she missed them too..was good to see her and have her think of me and them ..meant alot.. shes good people..
    hope your having a good day :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker