ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, January 27, 2007

~2 Snowflakes?~

Im looking out the window..and its snowing.. it is cold too.
I havent heard the weather forecast so Im not sure what they
are saying.. I do know its sposta be cold.. I know it is in here.
This draft on my back Im surprised I don't have pneumonia..
Blue phoned said they finally had some rain..had not rained
in forever he said..was a bad drought..the rain was very badly
needed.. I read the msn news thingie I get in email every day.
Some of the stuff makes me laugh what they print..They said
the other day..they finally admit..that perhaps..2 snow flakes
may be alike..now I KNOW this money spent to investigate
this phenomenon.. well money well spent lol.. some of the
things I read..that they give grants to for people to do tests
about are really kinda way out there, but snowflakes? lol. I
would like to do a study as to why cats are so possessed by
a chimer clock lol.. THAT would be very interesting. I want to run
mine.I start it up and that thing chimes, Dutch is rubbing all over
it..and that moves it and then it will stop ticking lol. I just have
to enjoy it by looking and not hearing it.since it calls my boy,
no matter what, he runs when that thing summons him.. wish
he would answer me like that when I'm worried he may have
escaped or gone down the basement, he lets me know when
hes ready to say "here I am, shut up, quit yellin".. thats just
about the attitude I GET..he RUBS all lovey all over this clock
when IT calls him tho . :-D..well..that clock can just start
feedin him too I say LOL .. It is funny, Im going to video tape
him..he will go up there and just sit by it sometimes.. its odd.
hes in love..as long as he draws the line there! not like LB does
with the love of HIS life lol.. Have you EVER heard of 2 more
strange cats? lol..

I notice this morning..well I got up at 2 am or so..I woke up my
own self..wondering why my cat didn't wake me up..that's not
good.. but..what I did notice was that my invisible legs felt so
swollen..and tight.. was kinda hard to move them..they felt
heavy.. I notice then..well tried to feel them..and they seemed
short.. I know they are.. I mean the invisible parts..they seemed
to not be as long..I would say..that my foot is higher to at
least my mid calf... weird, and they were each going a different
way too..the right was bent right up and over to the right. . the
left was bent at the knee over to the right..like it was a hinge
joint could move any direction..its still such a weird feeling . I
wonder if I will ever get used to it? well I am.. I guess I mean
will my GORGEOUS WEEBLE head realize it at some time
and accept it? wonder why the rest of me cant and as "SMART"
as I am this head still sees them there..and I walk in my dreams..
so my inner head still hasnt accepted it yet I don't know but
something sure hasnt lol....

I made a nice breakfast today, something I havent done in a
long time.. I made fried potatoes and onion..and a egg and
had 2 pieces of toast.. was really good.. I think potatoes
are my very best favorite veggie.. they are.. in fact I noticed
I need potatoes..lol. over in that onion and potato bin some
thing stinks..and they have started growing I think I need to
get some fresher potatoes and onions.. It took me forever
to clear a spot at the table..move stuff so I could get the hot
plate into a place I could use it safely..then had to roll back
and forth a dozen times..when I forgot a turner,, and then I
needed a sharp knife..I will be SO glad when I get a new one
or 2 . Mine are so old and so dull a dull knife can ruin a
good time in the kitchen. David and I spent many hours to
make a nice dinner for us..we both liked good tasting food
and he found out he really did like to cook. Usually doesnt
take near as long to fix a small breakfast like that..boy..I
mean this chair..sure does make a difference in how I do
things.. and because its such a pain ..i dont enjoy things as
much as I used to..thats a shame..but.. oh well..not a thing
I can do about it ..I just have to do one of my 'plans of attack'
lol ..sometimes they work..depends how big a clutz i am ..

I did learn something too. Well I said my clock was off down in
my task bar..by at least a half hour..I didn't know there was a
battery inside my computer to keep the clock running ok..and
on time.. They need to let us know this stuff and don't.. I had
NO IDEA there is a battery inside... I wont depend on that
time to be on time.. I got up at 2 am..and been up all day..
and what have I gotten done? well not a stinkin thing !!!
I have done nothing..but make food..lol, and that was very
early this morning.. I had Penny get me 2 blueberry doughnuts
too.. so 3 guesses what my treat is for making it through
this week? yup..my favs..blueberry doughnuts, and I get to
eat both of them too, Donnies cutting firewood all week end
so they wont be over, so I get them ..nitey nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

7 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I lived in the suburbs we used to grow raspberries and have them with vanilla icecream and pancakes. Now I have my pancakes with sweet potatoes or lentils.
    I eat well but I am losing a pound ore so a year. That's 1/2 kilo for you metric people.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois, we not having any snow, but it sure is getting cold here. And there that ice that still on the ground. We had a birthday party for my brother Leonard tonight, he is the 3rd child of 6,I am the 5th child, he is 70 years old today. And his place had that ice all over his front yard no wonder we didn't fall down. It is so wonderful I still have all my brother and sister. Mom and Dad went in 1999, 3 months apart.

    On our window up stair we do have storm window on all of them, but we but plastic on the inside too. It really help to keep that cold air out...and we put plastic on our back door too when it start getting real cold, it faces the north. Yes then we have to use the front door till the weather is a little bit nicer...yes it upset the dog, she like going out the back door.
    I love onion with everything and tomatoes it is so hard to cook without them.
    With this weather I love eating cream of wheat and toast for breakfast. You have a wonderful day Sunday, God bless you and meet your every need...Mary

     
  • At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi hon!
    I am going up north today for a week.... Hope the connection is good (dont think) so we can chat!
    Thanks for this posting...Take care
    KAO
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    good morning..
    pancakes with sweet potatoes and lentils ? Momar you took the goodies out of the joy of pancakes lol, maple syrup and butter for me :-)

    Hi Mary, I got up about 3, and we are having snow..roads are covered I didnt know till I heard one of the road scrapers go by, then I looked.

    I was in too big a hurry I guess when I moved in.. I just wanted out of that place. I shouldnt complain, many, many dont have what I am fortunate enough to have. Could be a tad less drafty tho :-) I hope you have a nice relaxing Sunday Mary ..

    Hi Rob!! :-)
    Be careful on the road please and wear your seat belt.. I hope you can get online at least once to let me know you are safe and well- you know I worry when I dont hear.. Take care honey.. :-) **

    Hope y'all have a nice lazy day. I think Im gonna fire up my bread machine and make this house smell really good.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello again Lois! I made bread today in my machine and, yes I agree, it does make the house smell wonderful. I've had an easy weekend, did some cooking for the freezer, made some marmalade, watched a little TV and did some sewing. If you have nothing better to do when you are up in the night have a look at my web-site http://www.haddenham.org.uk
    It's where I live.

    Thank you very much for the wonderful photos - stunning!!!!
    Have a good day tomorrow and keep warm.
    Julie

     
  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie.. I went there and it said that url didnt work..then I took off the end..and ended up at some clinic. by that name.. lol. I have NO idea what i did wrong lol..

    I didnt get to make the bread as I forgot to have Penny get down the mixes for me and I cant reach them with my grabber, they are on the 3rd shelf in the hallway .. :-( I did make a big crock pot full of chili though..its really good. I just ate some..

    I have been in a feel good. feel bad, day all day today , my nap helped..but Im fading fast again lol. so good to hear from you and I Love seeing where you are.. Just makes it so nice to know all about your friends.. I wish I knew everyone that reads this, I would really like that..just too see where they are from etc.. I LOVE EMAIL lol.

    Marmalade? I havent ..hmmm geez cant remember when i had that.. I LOVE raspberry jam..MMMM with Peanut butter? on buttered toast? with banana sliced long ways? ohhh yes..good..very good..and was home made bread too? ohhh wow..that makes my mouth water..lol.. FOOD.. I am SO VERY GRATEFUL :-)
    sweet dreams Julie..uk? well 5 or 6 hrs difference, so you should be snoozin.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    I hope that your invisible legs are feelings better. Fascinating to hae about it, but I wish you were more comfortable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker