ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, January 20, 2007

~Happy BIrthday To Me Again~

This was a happy birthday, I made it through it lol..So just
that alone made it one lol.. It was a lazy do, nuthin day, I
just played on the computer and with the boys.. and did
some rearranging out in the kitchen so I have a place for
everything..same as in the bathroom..As small as this house
is I have to make sure there is enough room for only just
what I absolutely need.. any space left over then I can have
it to put junk lol.. :-)

I got some happy birthday phone calls..and updates on how
some friends are doing and that always makes me feel better.
I worry when I don't hear from someone all of a sudden and
wonder what has happened. My niece has a list that I can trust
her with of my online friends should I get sick or something so
she can send a mail etc.. I think it is such a nice thing to do. I
make sure that like with Blue, I have an alternate way of finding
out if he is ok way down there.. He has a lovely, sort of adopted
daughter that was a nurse at the Hostel he lives at and she
has him come by for lunch and she has a husband and two kids,
Erin and Jack. Blue loves them all. Well you don't have to be
blood to be family..

Donnie is not related to me in any way..Ive known him since 1983.
and we have been dear friends since then and I refer to him as
my son.. Im really much too YOUNG to be his mother lol.. but I
thank Barb & Bill all the time for sharing him with me.. Donnie
and Dawn, and the girls all call me Gran..well sometimes Donnie
gets smart and calls me Shorty..lol.buggar.. kids show their
parents NO RESPECT sometimes.. lol.. No .. hes one of the
finest people anyone could ever hope to have for a true loyal
good friend.. Hes stuck by me just like my sister has.. He was
taking his sweetie pie wife, Dawn, out to dinner to her favorite
Chinese restaurant since its her birthday on monday..Blood
doesn't make people family..the love,caring,honesty, and loyalty
that makes you family..we are family.. :-)

I didn't fix anything special for my dinner I was gonna splurge
and get a pizza again, but that tomatoes on toast the other night
was so good. I had not made that in years..I really enjoyed that.
I don't know why I have gotten on this hot chocolate kick..but it
is tasting so wonderful..I had Penny get some yesterday and
I will have that too.. Im tired and lazy and going to hit the hay
early tonite..me and my boys..theyre waiting.. :-)

Thanks for all the sweet happy birthday wishes... meant a lot to
me and I am very grateful I made it through another year to see
another one.. My sis passed away on this day 2 years ago..She
made sure I remembered her didn't she.. she did this deliberately
you know..which..I wouldn't have forgotten her anyway.. but well..
its ok..I don't mind remembering her on my day. just so long as I
have lots more birthdays to remember her on..like 20 or so..that
would be good, as fast as this past year went these next 20 I
plan on will be just flying past.. :-) Kitchen here I come..then some
TV and hopefully I wont hit the eyes closed button on the remote
for a little while lol.. there IS one you know. its the one you always
hit just before your eyes slam shut lol.. Nitey Nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS and so many more I wish for you...LOVE makes a family not blood. I sure hope you enjoyed your special day today.

    We are getting some snow here, just a few inches I think.
    We got the church clean up for Sunday and there going to be a wedding that afternoon.

    The friends you make along life way does become your family and sometimes even closer then your blood family.
    God bless you my friend.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS enjoy to the very end. Then you start all over for the next Birthday. Your not getting older your getting better and wiser my friend...Mary

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Thank you so very much, was a quiet day and I didnt do too much of anything but appreciate the birthday wishes I recieved and phone calls..it sure made my day very special.. and I sure am grateful..

    Yes, thats true, blood doesnt make you family, and D&D and Kelli are sure that to me. No one wants to tell me they arent lol..
    Everything ripens with age, and improves the flavor and taste and the whole quality no matter what it is.. and age? well they say..the higher the number the hotter the flame..some JUST DONT believe it. lol..
    I hope you have a great day.. My sleepin habits have gone out the window. i just have NO schedule at
    all any more lol..2:30 and Im up and rollin lol..
    Take care~
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Yep, the higher the number, the hotter the flame!! Either that or I am just decaying early!! LOL
    I am SO blessed - I have family who are blood, but also all the other good things that families should be. Two "kids" (29 & 40) and six grandchildren and they are ALL lovely people.
    SO glad you had a good day. If anyone deserves it, you do.
    Take care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife..
    You have a lovely family, and you are blessed.. I dont have that many but I claim Donnies grands as mine and makes me a GREAT GRAN of 2 and GRAN of 3..I got ya beat! lol..
    Hope your having a good day over there snow and cold here..
    take care.. luv ya ..!
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am pleased you had a good birthday Lois. My son had his on 16th January and last night (Saturday) we took the family - 8 of us - out to dinner. It was good to have everyone together as that didn't happen at Christmas.
    It's late here - I've been to bed - couldn't sleep - so came back to the computer to catch up on my email - which I have done. So back to bed for me.
    Sleep well and keep warm.
    Julie

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie..
    Good to hear from you.. Lots of birthdays in January..My Neice, Bev, Dawns, My dads was, my grammas, many this month.
    Its nice to have all your family around for a wonderful get together.. You will have to send me a email and a photo too, I would like that..Its so nice to see and know who your friends are.
    We are snug as bugs in a rug here, all is well. Sweet Dreams my friend.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker