ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, January 26, 2007

~Gonna Be Cold~

When Cameron brought lunch today she informed me we are
to have some very seriously cold temperatures.. That just makes
me feel great.. I should make Chris pay half my gas bill since he
still hasnt put in these windows that desperately need done. I
will have to make sure this door is covered really good too, the
space around it is almost a half inch up at the top which is WAY
too much.. I am sitting here now and can feel a draft on my back,
I went and got a sweater a while ago and just draped it over my
back with the sleeves down over front to hold it in place. The
spot between my shoulder blades gets so cold then that makes
my back ache really bad. When Kenny was here, over a week
ago now said that he was coming to put the windows in, Ive
not heard one word from anyone..and I KNOW I better not over
the week end other than to hear them outside putting these 3
windows in......I don't want to hear anything else from them, Chris
needs to keep his end of this bargain if he expects me to keep
mine, which is only fair.. Ive kept mine.

Penny was here today and got everything all done up and set
for the weekend. Some ground meat and just stuff to go for
awhile. I don't know what I will make with the meat .. what I
have to do to be able to cook it or make anything I don't know
if I want to go through it all, I have to move a dozen different
things first to even be able to get to the hot plate..then move
the other stuff to get the pans out that are at the bottom of
the bakers rack..then I have to move the stuff from in front
of the microwave so I can have a place to work to cut up
stuff like onions etc.. I cant hold them in my hands as I just
don't trust my right hand to really lift anything anymore I was
reminded of that last nite when I reached in to take the hot chili
I had just reheated out of the microwave..my thumb gave out
and I dropped it..luckily it didn't hit anything but the inside of
the microwave as I was just taking it out.. I tried to clean it
all out but I cant reach inside all the way..The way my micro
wave is situated I cant reach all the way inside it..its too big. so
I have to wait until the turn table has brought what I put in there
back to the same spot so I can get it out lol. Well I have to keep
evaluating every thing I do so that I can make it easy on my self
to do these things, the harder it is..the less I know I want to tackle
them, I try to keep everything put away so that when I do decide
to make something I don't have To go through this ritual of move
this here to that there..like a game of chess lol..

I didn't hear anything about my chair this week at all nor did I
hear anything about my other things they are supposed to get
me. so on Monday I guess I will have to make my routine set
of phone calls to make sure the ball, where ever it is now will
keep on rolling.. I asked Cherise at the Drs. office if she
could please ask the Dr if he could put in a word or 2 to the
insurance that I really need this power chair..yesterday..she
assured me she would talk to the Dr. about it.. when I go back to
the Dr. my regular one will be there , Carolyn..shes very nice and
understanding ..so hopefully she can put a little more fire to this
flame I already started.. I hope so..

I got up super early again today I don't know what it is..I woke my
own self up today . wondering why Dutch hadnt woke me up ! now
that's NOT good! He was so busy chasing shadows on the wall..
they drive him nuts..and he is so bull headed he will not quit and
until the sun stops well this boy is gonna wear himself out..lol. I
am pooped and im going to lay it down, eat and watch TV ..
Nitey nite.. :-)

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? love ya..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

7 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was 70F (21C) last week. Today it was 9F brrrr!!! I live in a house with oil heat and an oil tank. Currently the tank is 3/16ths full - the tank holds 250 gallons or 1,000 liters at $2.60 for a gallon or 4 liters. I called the oil co and mentioned that the tank was low - they said they are aware and we are scheduled for delivery Sunday. We should do ok until the delivery.
    brrr!

     
  • At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Do you have Leap there that help with the gas and electric bills for the person that meet there income level...It might be call something else there, it sure help the one's that need it....it has to be in by March 1st to get it.
    Becky sore is just about all healed up again...sure hope she doesn't break down any more under her leg...I am hoping this weekend will be nice, Becky has missed two Sunday in a roll. We still have plenty of ice on the around, but when you walk on it you sink.
    I hope your weather is not to bad this weekend...God bless you ...Mary

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning.. I did just what I said I wasnt gonna do.. I went to bed at 6 and here I am up at 1:30 lol..*sigh* it is SO cold.. I am glad I have those nails up..It would be even worse.. I hate to see what my next gas bill will be.. this place may just not be doable..and Lord. would I hate to move again.. THAT would NOT be good at all. Hope you get that oil in time.. i have gas.. heat that is :-) lol...

    The only way we can get help here Mary, that I know of, is to let our bill go to shut off..then they will step in and pay it..but you know what that does to our payment history, specially if we have to have it put somewhere else? then they raise the deposit..like they did me to get this place..so. I dont know..but.. I hate when I have doubts.. and with the way things are going and these repairs not being done, with plenty of time to do them.. i dont know.

    I know Im up for a while tho..Im gonna make some hot chocolate.. :-)
    sweet dreams My Friends.. j
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hell lois looks really cold how you keeping warm still in costa rica looking for my spheres
    norm

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Norm.
    Nice to hear from you.. Im stayin in buddy, nice and snug. Aint found them things yet hey? well, maybe one of these days you will.. never know..
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Do you have any Duct Tape? If Penny could seal up the gaos with it, you might keep a bit warmer?
    Take care, Hon.
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife..
    umm was that a typo or a test? gaos? hmm I have no clue..lol.. ok. no Donnie does though its his best buddy he says lol..
    hope all is ok and managment is doing better? chicken soup.. lol..
    Take care..
    always,Lois ****

    be right there!! lol..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker