ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

~The Pontoon~


Ive talked a lot about the St.Joe River and that is where my ex
mother and father in law live..they have a gorgeous house..and
the deck over looks the river..the view..is wonderful.. At sunset,
my favorite time of day..the river is like glass and we would
get on the pontoon, David and I and take a slow ride down to
the dam and back..took 4 hours going slow..we had the radio
on..sometimes David would troll if he remembered to check
his minnow bucket for bait lol..many times hes gotten bites
most fish here are catfish..and we didn't eat them..But it was
a good fun fishing river.. THere was a special route you had
to travel down and up it..or you would hit bottom it was so
shallow at some places.., we kept the depth finder on just in
case..This was looking down the river..to the west ..

We were lucky one day to see this balloon come down.. and almost
seem to touch the water.it didn't but seemed close..The people inside
lived a few houses down from my ex's..and they hired this and it was
so neat that they could see their gorgeous house like this.. The houses
all along this river are very expensive..and this river runs a long way..
starts up on Michigan and goes down through and across Indiana..Its
a good fishing river..almost the whole length of it.. I saw a balloon like
that inflate once outside the apartments where I used to live..I think I
have written about that after noon..That was a great site..

Jim & Karalee lived up on a high embankment that was on this
part of the river..there was a long flight of stairs..that led to
this level area where the kids played and the pontoon was
kept and they fished from shore here..This was an active river.
you can see the neighbors paddle boat there in blue..Jim's
pontoon is tied up there..I am the one in red..and my ex sister
in law Sheila., brothers wife.are fishing off of it.. its a great
spot down there..sometimes when there is a lot of rain the
ground there is soggy and your shoes get all wet when you
walk around there..Davids nephew is first there, then Danni,
then Cassie & Josh..Mark..brother is in green ..David is
in the black.. We all liked it down here by the water..but the
deck was great too a good view..

You can see me in red..on this side is Sheila..my ex sis in law.
She and I got along real good..we were the 'outsiders' but they
all treated us very good.. That is the pontoon.. Its very big..has
2 huge inboard motors..and seats all around and there is even
a potty on it..You cant see all of it..there is more farther past
the 2 cans on that back table..It was nice to fish on this..It was
so big. but David maneuvered it around like it was a row boat.
He was the only one Jim would let drive it..or take it out.. He
knew David knew what he was doing..

We had gone down to fish one sunday..David, Mark & Sheila
and I .. well you had to have 1 on the boat to start the engine..
and one at the lines to untie it..if you did it the wrong way the
pontoon was so touchy it would stall out and then not start for
awhile and then it could float off.. They didn't follow the start
up routine ..the guys were in a hurry , Jim and Karalee are up
on the deck..see the pontoon floating.Jim yells down"you
better NOT damage that pontoon ,,START the ENGINE". well
it still didn't.. Jim yells again "THAT BOAT GETS STUCK YOUR
IN TROUBLE" and hes getting upset..We all look at each other
and Mark jumps in the river..then David and they try to pull the
pontoon back up by the shore..we had started to drift.. Jim
yells again."GET THAT BOAT STARTED" and then Sheila
jumps in the river and tries to pull the pontoon..With all 3 of
them in the water.. I just stayed in my seat.. I wasn't jumping
in that nasty water.it was awful.. not a clean river..trust me..
So all 3 of them are soaked..drag that pontoon back up by
the edge.and David climbs back on ..and goes over to it
and the motors start up..just nice as you please. Out climbs
Mark and Sheila..get on the pontoon..and Jim yells again..
" YOU BETTER NOT BE GETTIN MY BOAT WET".. We
all look at each other like.. WHAT? lol. Jim yells at me..
"Lois..why didn't YOU jump in and try to save that boat?"
I yelled back up.." I aint jumpin in this nasty water to save any
ones boat, no way not even yours" he laughed and we took a
nice 4 hour boat ride finally..Jim was so picky about that boat
and he NEVER went in it. I knew him..12 yrs he never went but
once..only time I saw them go on it..shame too ..I loved it..ITs
a great way to spend a day on a lake or river..just cruise and
anchor and fish ..allll day :-)

I got my own mail today..can you believe it? I was sitting here.
heard a clunk..and knew it was my mail..and opened the door,
well after I backed into the bedroom doorway..and opened the
lid..and there was my mail.. was so nice..and I had a lovely
birthday card in it too..That made it even MORE special.. was a
nice gift inside that sure will help on this 5 week month.. I plan
to get a file cabinet for here next to my desk. I would like like a
nice one be just enough room and the 3 in 1 would fit nicely on
top..the storage will come in handy.. I didn't get a chance to see
today on line what is out there..I plan to look though.. Im going
to go and look for some dinner..Im hungry and tired.. I was up at
5 or so..and lunch was..well ok..bbq and theirs is ..well.. ok.. lol
So seek and I shall find food, I know lol..Nitey Nite.. :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois I saw the wonderful pictures last night,now I am not one for the boat. I love to stay on the ground to fish. But I can if I have too.
    I pray you got all your rest last night...Mary

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary, A pontoon is so nice because you can get up and walk around. anchor it anywhere..its very nice way to spend a day..lots of times on the river we see 3, 4 of them moored side by side and they have the best times.
    I woke up at 2 am wide awake, Ive been up since.. I have no idea why..I will nap today I know lol. i dont think I will have a choice lol.. Im glad you liked the photos. Its a good way to keep your memories.. I just wish I had remembered to date them all at the time.. Hope your having a good day, Its snowing here.. Im waiting for my councelor. :-) take care..
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois, Just wanted to let you know I still keep up with you when I can, although my opportunities are very limited. I still think of you always! Lovely photos - nice memories. I'm doing OK here. Just miss our times together.

    Bare Hugs as always,
    Butty

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    HI BUTTY !!!!!!!
    Wow! what a wonderful surprise honey! I am SO pleased to hear from you.. I think of you often.. I am so VERY glad to hear from you..Thanks so much for saying hello.

    I KNOW YOU KNOW Photography ..some gorgeous photos you take.. your good with a camera i remember :-)
    So wonderful to see your name there again I sure have missed you my Dear Friend. I hope you will say hello again soon. Take care!!
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois - thanks for your wonderful response. I'm not chatting on yahoo at all any more - I miss it - especially you. But you can always drop me an email.....I think you have the addy - if not - let me know here and I will email you.....

    Love always,
    Butty

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty,
    I dont know if I do I think Only the hooey one.lol.. you can mail me at lovelylittlelegs@gmail.com anytime hon.. be so nice to hear from you again.. Ive missed ya! :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker