ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, January 19, 2007

~Compare The Bench~


Ive been thinking .. again ..lol.. everyone says .. OH NO!! lol.. :-)
well I now have a tub.. I don't have a roll in shower, like I did at
the old place.. I have a tub with a shower..and now I use that
white bench that I had at the other place I used before I got my
wheel chair one.. That one wont work in this tub.. but..if you look
at the bench, in this older photo from the apartment.. its the same
bench.. but look at the back of it..the bench back..it is on the left
side of the seat..and the handle..is on the left side..? see? well
this new house has a tub..with a shower, but the bench can be
adjusted.. the arm..back even the legs adjusted to different
heights.. I am so glad I didn't give this away thinking I would never
use it again because I had my shower chair.. ..but I thought you
might find this interesting.. and get to see the UGLY shower curtain
and the ICKY ugly paint splashed floor ! ! :-)

you can see the tub.. the faucet is right there, and up higher is
the shower nozzel. hopefully I will get the hand held one that will
look like the one in the top photo..I couldn't get it all in.. Look at
the difference in color too..that cam just with fake light gave off
such icky color. this new digital camera is just the greatest . I love
it .. I am so grateful to have it.. Now.. see the bench? where the
back of it is moved to the far right? and the railing..well handle is
moved? the legs..you can see rings around them..that's where
you adjust the heights. naturally that ickky floor is lower than the
tub.. lol.. see the paint on it? Chris said it would be replaced..
ya.. like the the other things needed done. ive not heard a word
from him I hope he got his letter..anyway.. ...

I pull my chair up to that bench..scoot forward..and pull the inside
curtain that ugly gold thing is the cloth one ..there is a plastic liner
on the inside..and I just sit on that plastic one..and the water then
stays inside the tub.. I tuck it under my butt and stump .. works
really well.. and I have enough room and can be close enough to
that wall so I don't worry about sliding out of it.. that was hard to
do even at the apt in that roll in shower .. I couldn't maneuver a
curtain and be on that chair safely.. this works great.. NOW..

lol if you look to the left..you will see the toilet.. GAWD I just show
everything..well unless you have been around you don't realize
what we really need to adapt to daily living in comfort.. so that is
what is called a RISER.. and its about 6 inches high.. and is the
exact height of my chair WITH a cushion. Lower with out one..
its plastic.. and very slippery..and..also tippy.. there is a lip on
the inside of the rim..that goes down inside the toilet bowl about
2 inches or so.. and stick on Velcro pieces that go on the toilet
and on the bottom of the seat.. you know how long they stay on
yes? Not long. The toilet seat and lid are up ..and I should have
taken a photo of that .. oh well. take my word.. This new seat and
railing I am supposed to get is all in one.. the riser and then the
railing that will be attached thru the openings that hold the other
regular toilet seat in place making it sturdier.. lol.. I pull up to
that.. facing it.. and just scoot forward.. and while I am there you
see the railing of the tub..I said there are 2 curtains. yes.. my boy
he gets between the two while I am there or even in the shower.
I think he thinks its his special little run way.lthough I have caught
LB in there too..its a fun play spot for them..leaves holes in the
inside plastic curtain but..they only cost $1.00..

That UGLY shower curtain is the VERY next to go.. I didn't want
to take a photo of the bathroom yet its NOT ready and looks ..
ickky. and I will if Donnie comes tomorrow and moves my power
chair. its in there at the end of the tub.I will work on the bathroom
and take more photos.. someone asked me about this today
and that's what gave me the idea for this post..so anyway.. lol
Now you see my new shower and changed seat..interesting hey?
well Im glad I had the other photo still so you could really see just
what Donnie switched to make it useful. I bet it took him 2 minutes.
in fact, I asked him to do it.. and he was almost right back.. I gave
him this odd look cuz he said "I cant do it".. I knew better.. smiled
and he said. "naa , piece of cake its done" I really was surprised
he did it so fast.. said they just pop in and out..ya.. Mr Mechanic ,
nothing aint hard for him lol.. hes very strong armed lol..most
mechanics are I think from pulling on those tools..like farmers that
do milking have such strong hands. :-) when they milked by hand .

Raelynn stopped by today to say "hey" was so nice to see her, she
mentioned she will be glad when she gets a car I can get into so
we can go for a ride.. I have some photos of a old covered bridge
I took on that nice country ride she took me on to show it to me.. I
will share.its really a beauty too. quite big. we went thru it 2 times.
lol well.. we got lost? lol.. its a great bridge..there arent too many.
It will be nice to go ridin with her and up to the Oasis for lunch,
they have the best food. I got a nice birthday surprise and splurged
today and Penny picked up a meatball sub for me at subway..
now.. THAT was good.. I said while I ate EVERY bite of it.."happy
birthday to me tomorrow" :-)

My sis phoned today, to wish me a happy birthday..shes fine..and
going shoppin for a new coffee table to go with her new living room
she just HAS to have one.. and I don't blame her well the stuffs
gotta match lol..and look nice. shes not sure if she wants a oval
or round ..those are such HARD decisions. lol I know. Ive been
trying to figure out about that wall with the mirror I am NOT
happy with it lol... I have a.... yup.. blueberry doughnut out there..
guess where it will be in a few? and with a nice big mug of hot
chocolate..hey.. this is good.. "good stuff maynard" from what?
ohh wow.. Dobie Gillis.. now is that an oldie? lol..am I dating my
self here? :-) naa only numbers. I will really be only 38 lol. in what.
well I aint tellin... I am tellin ya. Nitey Nite tho. :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya.. and hey ..thanks for
all the sweet Happy Birthdays..this is such an up and down one,
and they sure make me feel kinda special. :-)

Always, Lois ***

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

13 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois you are special...Mary

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday Dear.
    Robert

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    :-) no.. im just me Mary..just me..
    but thank you..

    Thank you Robert :-) nice to hear from you...

    Always, Lois *** *

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can see you have two Roberts....
    This is "this Roberts" last posting if you insist in you know what!
    I just at last wanna say
    ---HAVE A NICE BIRTHDAY, HON---
    I had planned for a birthdaypic but as things have been going lately, i deleted it....
    I am on a seafood diet! When i see food, i eat!!! Hope you do the same on your birthday.
    bye
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois you are special to all that write to you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS
    Have a wonderful time on your special day.
    God bless you...Mary

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hello Rob...
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.. and you too Mary..they mean alot to me.. my birthdays are very sad..for 2 reasons. one being a year older..and the loss of my sister 2 years ago on my birthday..but glad..Im alive to have another one..and to get such sweet birthday wishes from such wonderful dear friends.. THATS the GREAT of my birthday :-). . .

    And yes.. I have 2 dear sweet wonderful Roberts here.. and a raife and a momar and a mary and a gray..and Twinks and Julie...and and lol.. :-) and I AM most pleased I DO :-D. I wish I knew ALL that were here..I hope there are more that are and just not letting me know!!! hmmmm.. now.. if all that read let me know.. i wonder how many names and comments that would be? hmmm
    Y'all have a good nite anyways.. Im going to bed.. nitey nite.. sweet dreams :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOIS!
    I hope the coming year brings you joy, happiness and good health.
    Best wishes
    Julie x

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hon it feels a lot better after our little talk ye-day....
    I hope your day brings you surprizez, happy such....
    I think you need that, i wish i was there today sorounded with whipped cream, to be your birthdaycake. Well no you prolly shud loose your appetite. So better not!
    Your
    ROB
    (pl. f-ve me, hon)

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie,, Rob,,
    Thank you so much for the birthday wishes.. means alot to me, makes me feel so good to know I have such dear friends..
    Hope y'all have a great day.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    First, Many Happy Returns of the Day, and many more Birthdays, in Health and Happiness. Yes, Mary, she is Very Special, isn't she? - quite the best Weeble that I know!! prolly in the whole wide world!!!
    Have a great day, Lois, my dear, but don't make that chair shrink while you do!! LOL ;o)

    What is the floor in the bathroom made of? Are they ceramic tiles? If so, a drop of paint stripper would fetch those paint spills off a treat. (That's the only kind of "stripper" I know anything about - pure as the driven snow, me!!)
    Take care, Hon. Have a lovely Birthday. Lots Of Love and Great Big Hugs (and a special birthday cuddle) from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thanks Raife! :-)
    the floor is ugly brown linoleulum I cant say that word lol.. its ugly and dont match dusty rose and mauve ! they have to replace the toilet, the bowl is cracked. I am going to go in and take some before and after pictures.. I shouldnt lol but I am, It can be a wonderful bathroom..just needs work. and a NEW shower curtain!! lol..
    Pure as the driven snow.. who? my cats aint even LOL.. your so funny.
    :-) Love ya...
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,
    SURPRISE!!!! It's me, Sheryl. I am finally posting on your blog. I've been reading it every day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you my friend. Hope your day was good to you. I have a bunch of new sigs for you, and I'll send them in a zip file via e-mail.
    Take care hun, and I'll e-mail you later on Sunday.
    Love & Hugs,
    Sheryl

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Sheryl !!!!!! How are ya Kiddo?? So nice to hear from you.. Well arent you just the sweetest thing? Thank you..and You KNOW how I love those siggies..lol.. I LOVE EMAIL..lol I just wish everyone had INcredimail..dont know what theyre missin do they ? :-) Ahh- the Grasshoppas will learn :-D

    I am just SO pleased to hear from you what great surprise..thanks buddy!!!
    I shall be eagerly watchin the mail.. :-) take care!~!
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker