ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, January 25, 2007

~Posting A Comment~


A friend had trouble posting a comment last nite that made me
think doing that may be intimidating to some..I assure you it does
not hurt lol.. however.. only I can post as the Blogger..and anyone
else can only click on OTHER or ANONYMOUS to be able to put
a comment on here..Which,,I wish everyone that read this would!!
lol.. But no where on this blog should anyone be asked to put in a
id or a password.. If you are..then you have clicked on something
you shouldn't and just go back and redo..You can type in all the
ones you want and they wont work lol. I PROMISE you ..it does
not hurt to leave a comment.. you will not have bad things happen
to you, or your computer crash..only thing maybe that with in 10
minutes you might get an answer from me if I am paying attention
to my email notifier lol.. I check my mail, well I don't my email
program, Incredimail, does..every 10 minutes and if I have a new
mail it will down load and some little graphic will yell at me "YOU
HAVE MAIL" and IF I am here I will be right here to answer your
comment, NOW, how nice is that? :-)

I had to cancel my Dr. today, It HONESTLY was NOT my fault..We
had snow last nite, and there was no way I was going to slosh this
chair out through all that.. I would have had to ask Penny to sweep
the sidewalk in front of the house etc. and I cant ask her to sweep
the whole way to where I could get on the bus. The bus cannot
stop right here by the end of the side walk..this is one of the very
busiest around as these 2 are major streets..The bus would have
had to pull up by my garage, and I go out into the street or through
my snowy yard to get on the bus. It is NOT that easy. If it had been
a matter of MAJOR need, I would have kept the appointment. The
man was coming from a town 35 miles away to get the van to take
me to the Dr. They appreciated the fact that I called early and had
let them know since I was the only one needing a ride..The photo
up top I took this morning .time, date are on it..see the nasty cold
weather and snow? Cars still had headlights on at 8 am, see? I
didnt fib.. :-)

So many times I get told "Well , go out" It is not a matter of just up
and going for me. I have to take every little thing into consideration
before I venture off to go somewhere. The main thing ..can I get
back in the vehicle? We went to Wal Mart..I could get out of Dolly's
KIA, it was a downhill slide..but to get back UP in it? there was no
way I could lift myself that high to do it. I am just not that strong.. I
see videos of these women that are in and out of chairs just easy
as can be.. A lot are HD's..and have no stumps ..And a lot of them
if you notice the chairs are different..the chairs are LOWER to the
ground..making it easier to do things like in and outs of pools or
up and down off the ground.. I was refused service by a company
here called MSTAFF..they said their HHA (aide) could NOT go
shopping for me and "legally" use my food stamp card. The
exact words to me were "I see NO reason why you cannot just
SCOOT across and into the seat..and SCOOT across back into
your chair"..Well do you know what I said? lol.. I told her to "JUST
TRY IT, SEE , how easy it is" She had NO idea how easy, hard
or what ever..she had NEVER done it..So HOW would she know?
To say to me..she saw no reason? Excuse me? I was so mad..
She had NO right to even assume how I felt or how EASY SHE
felt it was.. she did NOT know, I bet she has a lot better idea
of just how EASY it is now..I TOLD her ! :-)

I refused to be pushed across a huge parking lot to go into a
store, I wouldn't even WALK that far, let alone be pushed there
in my chair, just to go INTO the store .. Wal Mart had no where
high enough that I could get back into the car.. I didn't care who
saw me.. I have NO problem with that at all..but I wasn't about to
have to roll that far when Wal Mart should have had a place
knowing all the new vehicles are higher up ..But I wonder how
many of these stores think of putting a higher curb in for that
reason? I think Wal Mart kept it all flat and even thinking that
was best..well . what about us? We all dont have vans with a
nice ramp.. I dont.. . .

Going is great.. and I honestly do LOVE to go..BUT.. I cant just
UP and RUN out the door anymore when I see whom ever is
coming to get me like I could before..Now I have to wait for them
to come and help me.the door, watch so the boys don't get out..
help me into the car.well hold my chair..fold up my chair and put
it in the back seat or in the trunk, My chair just fit into Raelynns
trunk .It rained one day on our way home, my chair got soaked
that wasn't good for it.. took a long time to dry out..specially since
I had to sit on it..that wasn't easy either since the back of it was
wet for quite awhile. There are so many things that are major
things to me going now.. It is not like it was.. and the biggest
biggie is.NO, I cant go alone, to me..its just too hard..and the
stress of it .well I wouldn't enjoy it at all..

Penny came today and we got a lot done..Shes a good worker,
she came today instead of yesterday and will be here again
tomorrow..we plan to work on the bathroom.shes worried
about the toilet being cracked and me ending up in the base
ment lol..be a hell of a ride hey?..I guess they arent worried about
that any more than they are about these windows that have
been out since way before I moved in.. I sure wish they would
fix them this cold draft on my back from the one behind me
makes it ache right between my GORGEOUS angel wings lol

Since I finished my what..hmm speech? about the joys of going
out, I will still go OUT to my kitchen.. I do this every nite. Well I
have some left over chili , from lunch.. Wendy's, and Im gonna
eat it..and I am headed to bed early ..I got up at 3 am..then found
out it was even earlier when I realized when Blue phoned my
computer time was off by a half hour.. so I was up early..Im gonna
go to bed early and yup..I will be up early again lol. oh well. works
for me as long as im sleepin :-) .. Nitey Nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya.. and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

9 Comments:

  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois It good to see your snow. Wheelchair and snow don't mix well. So sorry about all the problem, I know it real real hard for you to go anywhere. Even with a lift it is hard too at time. Unless you been there or helping someone that is there they have know idea how hard it is at times.
    It sure takes some planing if you want to go anywhere and what the weather is.
    Love the picture of the snow...
    God bless you my friend...Mary

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    goodnight from momar - it is almost midnight and I have to go to bed soon. Those transfers take strength. I used to help a man who weighed over 150 and his wife helped me. I have never been in a walmart - there are none in nyc. I have been in a costco once,

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    Yes, I decided it was not good to go, I rescheduled my appointment and if something urgent arises the ER is only 2 blocks away, and I dont think Thats necessary lol..No, by any means is this easy, I am glad I do have the strength to lift and transfer myself. I worry about that..I love to take pictures, I wish that screen wasnt on that window, I guess it will be redone one of these days..

    Good nite and good morning Momar.
    No part of this lifestyle is an easy go let me tell ya lol..Costco is alot like our Wal Mart, K Mart, and Meijers, all the same type of store. everything is one big place..of the all of them Wal Mart is the cheapest and is better Ive only been in a costco once..was ok.. Material dept wasnt good though, wal marts was great.

    Hope y'all have a great day and week end ahead.. Ive no plans but to be lazy. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one....
    You dont have to go out, cuz u travel worldwide every day. For example you are in sweden each day in week!!!
    Yes its true, you are in my heart and mind and i am in sweden, so you see you are there too in a way!
    Handy eh?
    Minds victory over the body!
    Your own Rob
    KAO
    ****+*

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    Isnt that true, the amazing computer can take a person anywhere they want to go.. its wonderful, I love it..:-)
    take care ..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    It bet that is is cold there like it is here. It was -5 this morning, and has not yet pushed past +5 degrees. I am helping to put on a concert tonight,and I hope that the cold does not keep the attendance down.

    I hope that your get your new appointment soon! It is so much work for you to go.

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Morning Gray,
    Yes, cold here, sunny but still not warm, snow isnt moving. we dont have alot..ground is covered though.. if the roads are ok people will go out,
    I would like to go to a concert in Chicago..
    Good to hear from you Gray, thought you got lost lol. :-) hope you have a good day ...
    ALways, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,Honey.
    We have Asda in Taunton,20 miles or so from here, which is really Walmart. The one I saw in York had a sloping, moving pavement that took you to the first floor - you just wheel you chair onto it, lock the brakes and off you go. The sidewalks in Taunton have raised bits near each bus-stop so that there is a level roll into the bus - no need to get out of your chair to take a bus ride.
    Busy day, to-day. I have Management in bed with a heavy cold, so I'm chief cook and bottle-washer for a while!!! LOL ;o)
    Take care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Sorry to hear she is ill.. I hope she gets better soon..I know you will take good care of her and get her back on her horse again, being sick no one is good at, seems to bring out the worst in some. :-) well be carefull you dont catch it.. and dont overdo yourself..
    take care honey,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker