ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

~The Boys, My Favorite Photo~


It snowed a bit today and I watched this cat go from window
to window chasing snow flakes..lol. Dutch actually tried to
catch them I think..They were coming down in those big white
slow ones that just lazily go to the ground..Well every time one
hit the window he would slap it.. No cars made that turn today
though while he was waving, that had to look cute to those
people. It wasn't a young couple I could see them, the woman
reached over to touch the mans arm and have him look too,
they both saw him, and both smiled..it looked almost like
the woman wanted to wave back then realized it was a cat
and it wouldn't know the difference..but then knowing Dutch..he
probly would have..lol..That photo is one of my favorites of
them..LB of course is in the back looking his sweet self..and
the boy, Dutch looking all innocent there in front lol..cute kids.

My councelor was here today, shes so sweet and just a lovely
woman, has 3 children.. I don't know what it is..but LB and
Dutch both just refuse to leave her alone.. LB is all over her
legs..rubbing then lays on her feet..she gave her keys to him
and he was rolling and laying all over those. I kept apologizing
for them, almost constantly, Dutch is just all up in her face, rubs
all over her..wont let her write..digs in her pockets.. she made
the mistake of taking out her cell phone..has a cord on it.. I had
told her before about him and the cord on my camera .. I had
to take it off or he would have pulled camera and cord to the
floor.. She realized that just as he reaches out and slaps at
the cord on her phone..she just goes ahead and puts the cell
on the floor so he can play with it. When I say Im sorry for about
the dozenth time , each time she tells me .."I LOVE IT, they
make me feel so welcome" and I mean they do..Its almost to
the point its embarrassing like these cats are telling company
"please..play with us..our mean mother ignores us" lol. THAT
is NOT true.. There is just NO way that I could ignore them..They
get up in front of me and my monitor now .every time they want
something. LB will come up and actually tap my arm and say
"mom" people HAVE heard him almost talk. lol..

In between all the harrassment by my boys, she and I talked about
just all the emotional strain this wheelchair business is putting on
me, the grant issues..the house. my hand..the floor, this 5 week
month..but mainly the fact that how it really gets to a person when
they have to steadily phone day after day to anyone that will listen
and ask for help..when you NEVER had to ever do that before.. I
tried to explain to her..that I get so mad and angry that these people
do this and make it so much harder .. and what about those that
arent as mouthy or have such a bad temper as I do,what about
them.. And also.the fact that I have to go to the doctor about my
hand and the condition its in because of not having my power
chair running and no offer of a temporary one..THAT really makes
me super mad..as bad as I HATE to go to a Dr. anyway. I did
tell her just how I felt..and she really tries to understand.. So many
really dont..and that makes it harder. All this..has made this month
really up and down one.plus a year 'YOUNGER' well. I can its was
MY birthday so.. I can say what ever I WANNA..lol. but too ..this
was the 2nd anniversary of the death of my oldest sister, Mary
Jane, she was the oldest of us 6, now 4, Rose Marie died 5
years ago..I am the youngest..then Frank, then Shirley then was
Rose, then is Kenny, then was Mary Jane.. We were all adopted
out except for Mary Jane and Kenny. They had it really rough.

My counselor suggested I get a case manager..someone that can
take some of this pressure off of me. . that I could use someone
else to help me take care of this dealings with other people to get
the things I need or if I have a problem..that they would step in
and take care of it for me.I think to mainly just to ease the stress
level.. I think its being alone..with out a husband or significant other
the dependence that they really have on each other. like maybe
not actually feeling it but the KNOWING its there..someone to share
these burdens with that helps you ..hmm well for me..'Grease my
wheels' ..help me along..a shoulder to sit by every so often and
just really WHINE..and not have to go running to my friends and
whine and pick fights with them cuz Im in a bad mood from fighting
with everyone else on the phone all day lol..Ahh this is so fun ..Let
me tell ya.. No wonder I get up at 2 O'clock in the morning. lol.. I
just need to lower the stress level again.. . plus aggravation here
on line, that sometimes to give you my favorite expression ' Just
eats my lunch' ..lol.. I mean..some things do too.. some days
Im really glad it does cuz its bad and I aint eatin it LOL .. todays
was..well..I have NO idea what it was. Dutch jumped straight up in
the air and hit the floor running from it...so ..think Im gonna eat it?
Noooo .. nope..If I cant name it.. I aint eatin it..I bet I know the
names of those cinnamon rolls out there though lol.. MINE.. I
think I could use one. I know I am not going to sleep good any
way..tomorrow is Dr. at 10:45.. I have been sitting here for 2
hours trying to think of a good excuse to NOT go too..I will be
honest..and well.. I cant think of a good enough one..If I don't
go now..well. I KNOW I have to soon..so. I might as get this
chair rolling and get THAT job done..like I tell everyone else to
do..so my turn to put up or shut up....Nitey Nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya..and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

12 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok my friend please go to the doctor's like a good girl (lol) get it over and done with and you will feel good about yourself when you get back home. Believe me - I know about it! I am diabetic and I HATE going to see the doctor for my check-up. I just know what he will say - lose weight - get more exercise etc.etc. but I go and I listen and I know what he says makes sense. So please be a good girl and just do it!!! (lol)
    Bed time for me and work tomorrow. Sleep well my friend.
    Julie

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS
    The cats are beautiful!

    Julie

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Julie..
    Ya, Im gonna go..I dont want to ..but I will..lol..Seems when I do go for just ONE thing .I leave with 10 meds and all that, I hate taking pills..I really do.. :-)
    Yup ..Im headed to bed too..im really tired..falling asleep instantly kind.. lol.. sweet dreams..
    Always, Lois..

    Ps...Aint they just the most GORGEOUS? just like their mother ..we is ALL some GORGEOUS CATS ;-D
    we 3 say "MEOW" :-D

     
  • At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cats are gorgeous but beware..... They are untameable when it comes to themselves..... They are not like dogs who can be forced to do whatever you say. Dogs are not as clever as cats. I admire cats as much as i admire you, and ill bet you are as soft as a cat.
    Take care honeydear until next time and feel my KAO´s.....
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois your boys so pretty in the window there, it is nice seeing snow coming down I quess even for a cats. I like to put my hand out there and catch one of those big snow flakes myself.
    Having case manager is the only way to go, if it a good one.
    We still have ice on the ground here, but the weather is nicer now. So it will melt in time.

    It's nice your boys like your company, that better them not liking them.
    I have a friend her dog will bit the company if the dog don't want them to leave. So she has to hold her small dog. Alway something to make life a little bit more interesting.
    God bless you my friend, get some rest...Mary

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember Sarah had trouble getting her electric chair fixed. NY state has 2 medicaid offices NYC and Albany, and she lives between the 2 offices.
    I have a problem - maybe you can help - I need a good cat psychotherapist for little Fredrica she is so afraid of people and other cats. Do you do psychotherapy by phone? just kidding.

     
  • At 3:58 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning, Its 4am do you know where your cats are? LOL.. I knew I would be up with the early birds.:-)

    Hi Rob, Your a dog person now, because of your little Manni, hes so cute, but you are right. Cats are very possessive and I believe very loving. I know they can be lifesavers too..mine were...

    Hi Mary, I had not heard about a case manager..but if one can take just some of this stress so I dont have to worry constantly would be such a blessing for me, seems burdens and problems get lighter when you can share them...

    Hi Momar, Little Fred just needs some TLC..hold her anyway, pick her up and whisper sweet nothings into her ears and rub them for her..trust me she will follow you everywhere LOL.

    No one, not even me, can hold my boys, I do when I wanna make them mad, and boy does it, it is INSTANT mad the second they feel they are being held. But they will be all over you if you visit.in your face, pockets, lap. and if they LIKE you..watch out..lol..
    Dont get me wrong..I LOVE dogs..I miss having one so bad.. I want a German Shepherd.. I LOVE those animals. I do.. I just think ALL animals are just the most wonderful creations..

    My boys have informed me its time for food..They get food before I get my coffee..NOW..what is wrong with THAT picture? lol..

    Y'all have a good day today..:-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, I need someone to post here on the comments just HOW to make a comment..step by step.. Someone tried to comment last nite and stated they had to enter a name and password to post, which is NOT true, and got quite upset when I disagreed and tried to say they were just doing it wrong. Hopefully if its put here it will smooth the situation, it was I think a matter of hitting the blue button down there lol..

    I post my replies to comments differently since this is my blog. I dont know how to really comment as someone else, if someone would be so kind to post the directions here.. I will get them and put them into a blog post.

    No one when they comment, I do know , should be asked for a id or password. I think many are under the impression if they leave a comment bad things will happen..naaa ..only bad thing is.. I might answer right away !!!
    Thanks !!! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois they have to put a touch the round thing in front of Anonymous and that will do it. They have to choose an identity Blogger,Other or Anonymous....hope this help.. .Mary

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Thank you very much.. It can be confusing.. :-) Hope you have a good day..
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Wow, that's a fabulous photo of the boys! And a good story about them too.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    hi Gray,
    Arent they pretty? I love taking photos of them..their faces say so much..and not a word spoken..
    Good to hear from you..
    Always, Lois.****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker