ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, March 17, 2007

~I Was Green~

Today is St.Pattys, Day and I don't even have green on. I
think earlier I did when my face turned that color when my
stomach got horribly upset..does that count? :-) I don't know
what I ate or did, but something really upset the applecart
so to speak, and what did, I have NO idea. Didn't last long,
but I hate when that happens. Dutch is notorious for that.
Hes so active and if he runs around too much after he eats.
well he pukes! Then of course , mom has to clean it up.. He
will get to playing and the next thing is, I hear him erping
and then I dash off to try to put something down for him to
puke on..well then I scare him cuz Im in a rush to get to him,
he takes off and yes..leaves a trail..I will learn one of these
times to just wait and then go to help him..He doesn't turn
green though, he does his trick and then still goes on his
merry way! LB isnt a erpy cat..hes too mellow and easy
going..he eats sleeps and plays..that's it, he can get wound
up but not after he eats, then he SLEEPS..then plays..

Ive been planning a way to redo my bedroom to move things
around in there to make room so I can put my sewing machine
in there and do some sewing again.. I really miss it.. I have
some wonderful silk material downstairs and I was telling
Penny the longer its down there the more chance it has of
getting ruined. I would like to make something out of it before
it does.. I think she and I could move things, If I use the other
power chair they rented for me I think I can move most of
the stuff myself just pushing it where it needs to go.. The
only thing that I think will give me grief is the bed.. That
carpet is so loose in there that's why I have such a hard time
to roll in my manual chair. I have a path from the door straight
to my bed, and that's about all the rolling I do.The closet has
my summer things in it so I have no need to get to it..Im glad of
that. But I would like to have a spot to be able to sew again..If
I don't make a spot in there the only other place would be the
bathroom, its big bathroom, and a bare floor..might be better.

That chair around my potty has turned out more than once
to be a real lifesaver..Ive been using my old manual chair,
its so broken in and loose from having it for 6 years that
it rolls easier than the new manual I got last year..I
was using the new one..but since I moved in here with this
carpet the new one was hard to use.. I got into this old one
and it moves a lot easier..the brake on the right side is very
loose.. When I lock it down I still have to hold it down or it
will unlock.. I didn't realize this until I was going to move on
to the potty chair.. As I was going to go across I reached
out to grab the arm rest and just as I got hold of it..the brake
gave out and my chair moved backwards.. If I had NOT had
that arm of the potty chair to hold onto I would have hit the
floor. I am really glad they finally put that in there for me, I
feel so much safer, specially moving on and off there now.

Donnie is doing good. Hes not the happiest camper..but I
think hes doing better than we thought he would being so
confined and limited. I know the joys of crutches.. I tried
them many times..they let me keep a pair of them while I
was in the Hellhome, in my room. I did use them off and on
it was good exercise for me and my remaining leg. I did
use a chair too, but when I used the crutches and started
down the hall I had to make sure there was no one or
anything in the way.. I was not the best at using them. If
I went past something, not having any depth perception
I would either be too close to it..or the crutch would hit it,
and many times I came close to hitting the floor. A couple
times I was glad there was someone sitting in the hall
as I almost would end up sitting with them!

When it was mealtime..there was almost a parade of us
as we all made our way to the dining room..Each of the
aides would take the slower ones first..Some of those
dearies were NOT the fastest on wheels and if 2 or 3 of
them got in a line it seemed to take for ever to get to the
dining room..Many times.. I helped some of them to roll
their chairs.. I would pull up behind them ..ask if they
were ready to ROLL..specially my friend Ceola. I think
sometimes she waited for me to help her.. She would
tell me "come on Lois..lets get rollin" and lift her feet
and put her hands on her wheels..she did help.. I would
put my chair behind and push her with mine..we did
some good fast rollin in there let me tell ya.. She and
I got teased a lot of times, we looked as if our chairs
were stuck together. Ceola would laugh, she was my
very best friend in there, she was a love.. she passed
away 2 months after I escaped..

Many times I get so mad..things I run into or get stuck
and takes for ever for the front wheel to move so I
can move..and I will sit and almost YELL.." I HATE
THIS CHAIR"..then I sit and shake my head and know
I don't hate this chair at all.. I am so grateful to have it..
I think honestly what I HATE..is that I Have NO choice
but to be in it..That's what I really hate. . so much has
changed..when I look back to the life I had before , 7
years ago before all this.. The total turn around, that its
like it was not even me back then, it was someone else.
And really I guess it wasnt..Im still me.. but now Im just
a GORGEOUS WEEBLE.. :-)

Its that time again..and I am really going to TRY to
watch some TV.. I say that every evening.. and I
never make it.. I liked the summer reruns..cuz then I
get to see the parts of shows I slept thru :-) Time
for my daily banana..and hopefully show time.. but
its time now to say "Nitey Nite"...

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? love ya..and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Top o the Morning to ya....Hope you had a great day and just so ya know i havent drank so much today to see the lil green men hehe...I may feel a lil green myself tomorrow LOL. Take Care sweetie..Love n Hugs Cherry xx

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya CherryPie!
    Hope you had a good fun day, your up late my girl! tis late by you, hope you sleep good..thats where Im headed too! sweet dreams..Some ear rubbies for MaggiePie ..
    Luv ya!!!
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I couldn't fine any green to wear today, but I was sure no one was going to pinch me either.
    Had lot of fun at Okla Aquarium, was going to spend that whole day there, but we did it all in 3 hours. We got back around 4 p.M. Then I took a big nap...my throat was sore today, Michael had a sore throat a week ago, and had to see the doctor with his...hope I don't have to go that way with mine.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 5:47 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I hope your throat gets better. Aquariums are really great. I did nothing but lazy around all day and will probly do the same thing today :-) hope you are ok and have a great sunday..
    Always,Lois****

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,Honey,
    I hope you had a good St. Paddie's Day.To-day (Sunday) is Mothering Sunday by us (You call it Mothers' Day over there, I believe). Had a lovely service in church this morning. A little Poppett was Christened. She was SO good, didn't even bawl when our vicar poured a fair bit of water over her forehead. It was lovely to hear her chattering away during the service.
    When you tell us about how you feel about your chair, it makes me realise what a very Courageous Weeble you are. I am proud to know you.
    Take care, Hon. Don't let that wheelchair get you down!!
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:17 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    I had a very lazy day, and slept most of it. But I was up most of the night. this will throw my schedule way off..:-)

    Im glad I know you too honey, your a sweetie...cutie too :-)
    take care...
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker