ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

~I Went To The Doc~

Well I made the trip to my doctor and it turned out well..was
kind of serious..she is very worried about my health.. It seems
my thryroid, cholesterol..potassium all are extremely bad, One
she said..the normal count is 1 mine was 149..not good. She
is seriously concerned that I am headed for a major melt down,
which is a serious heart attack, and the biggie is I am very close
into going into diabetes which she is very concerned about. So
she upped my thyroid and gave me potassium pills and for the
cholesterol.. I had to promise I would eat better as well.. I told
her how the past 4 or 5 days Ive been right in bed..which she
said "I am NOT surprised, and right now that is the best place
for you".. I told her about my bed..and she heartily agreed that
I do need a hospital bed with a railing and one that will adjust
to my chair.. I explained how hard lately it is for me to lift and
pull backwards..and she was very concerned about the strain
on me, she said she would make all the necessary arrange
ments so I can get a new bed.. I didn't see that new Dr I saw
Carolyn I like her so much ..shes very easy to talk to..and I am
very honest with her.. Poor Penny goes in with me, to help me
remember what all is said lol.. She got very scared and is so
worried now..Shes such a dear tender heart.. I almost wish
she hadnt heard. In 2 months I have to go back for more blood
work to see if things have changed.. My blood pressure was
not bad at all..a little high..but lower than last time..152/101 its
still high but lower lol. well was a lot higher last time ..I got
smart this time though I took my blood pressure pill early this
morning so I knew it would be down..:-)

So anyway.. I feel ok..I admit I am tired..very much so..and I
have been really moody, not too bad..but kinda sorta..:-) I
do that whether my stuff is out of whack anyway .. I think that's
one of the rules of being an amputee..we are allowed our
bad days.. at least that's my excuse :-D works for me :-D
And I don't think honestly there is an amputee that doesn't
have them..for what ever reason. I wish they would come up
with something better to help with the phantoms. I take
neurontin..and honestly it makes no difference when I do or
don't.. I see no change at all.. It does nothing for me. I have
heard of others that do take it and it does help.. I think its
just that we are all so different what works for one does not
mean it will work for someone else. From what I have been
told they wont ever stop..they may lessen a bit..but I have
a friend that has been an amputee over 25 years and she
said her phantoms have never stopped. I sure wish they
would though..Sometimes they hurt so bad it feels like my
foot is being stabbed with an ice pick.

My boy just called.. He had to go to the Dr to get the dressing
changed on his ankle, and where he had the graft..Apparently
he had to go yesterday and the nurse put a dressing on it, he
woke this morning to calls from her telling him she put the
wrong dressing on and he had to remove it immediately. He
looked and was not a pretty site he said..He has staples as
well and I didn't have the heart to tell him how bad they hurt
when they are removed..Sometimes its best not to know.
He is getting very antsy and doesn't like being home.. Its
his right ankle so he cant drive and that upsets him really
bad..If it was his left, I have no doubt he would be out and
about.. I did offer again for him to come spend the day
here with me..Dawn could drop him off..get him out of a
day..but he says the phone steady rings with someone
calling to check on him..hes got a lot of good friends.. I
told him to call me..so I wasn't added to the list of all the
calls he gets and then he can phone when HE has the
time..he will..he knows I worry..

Well anyway, I have my 3 new prescriptions and I also
have my other 2 I take.. so Im set..Penny wouldn't leave
until I had these new ones here. She wont be back until
Friday and shes a tad worried, but I told her I would be
just fine. I have food and my boys so all is ok..and my
puter..so..im good to go... Speaking of going..was a
kinda hetic day and I am tired, so its time to say those
famous words of mine "Nitey Nite" :-)
Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks:-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

9 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm pleased that you went to the doctor, at least now you know what your problems are and they can be fixed IF you obey the rules and take the pills. I take all sorts of pills and have 5 injections of insulin every day - at first I hated it now it has become a part of my life and I think nothing of it.
    Just rest and take life easy my friend. You can look forward to getting a new bed and a new wheelchair too.
    Talking of beds I think I will go and get into mine.
    Love to your boys
    Julie

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow I am so happy you are getting a electric Bed, anyway I hope it electric. Made sure......
    Take your med like the doctor say OK. That can cause you many many problem if you don't.
    Lois you might need a air mattress to or something diffrent then just what come with the bed. A heavy pad or something.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois
    Buy Red Yeast Rice. Its a natural supplement and WILL lower your Cholesterol - guaranteed. Mine dropped 50. Buy it on line. Again its called Red Yeast Rice. You owe it to yourself. It not a prescription and is better than the drug company stuff. Take 2 each day. If anyone is reading this and knows about Red Yeast Rice, confirm this to Lois.

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir ma Belle,
    so pleased that you saw the Dr. Please follow her advise.
    A toi,
    Robert

     
  • At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where do you fine this Red Yeast Rice at....Health food store, or can you get it at Wal Mart or a place like that. I will check it out.....vit is the best way to go.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honeydear!
    This was no good way to start a day...... Now you MUST PROMISE ME, to take good care of whats left of you.... Else we cant meet IRL, and you know our promise to eachother: Some day we will meet IRL, to fullfill our dreams (well mine anyway).
    So begin to eat health food so that you dont catch Diabetes. Diabetes is dangerous you know.... You can loose your legs, and get bad heartcondition. You can even get blind in some eye. AND THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD, WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITHOUT LEGS, AND WITH BAD HEART OR BAD EYESIGHT????????
    SO HONEY TAKE REAL GOOD CARE OF WHATS LEFT OF YOUR SWEET BODY... THERE AINT TO MANY SWEET YOUS. JUST YOU AND I NEEEEEEEEEED YOU.
    Kisses All Over Sweet You My Dear.
    * * * * + *
    Your own
    R O B E R T

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning,
    The Dr. was really concerned, she has never seen such a bad report on blood work..leave it to me hey? I do nothing half way :-) I have never been a pill taker and I guess I just have to get over that since it seems I have no choice. She is very concerned. When she read the stuff I have to admit, so was I.

    Hi Mary, Yes the Dr.readily agreed that I need a good bed, it will be electric with rails Possibly a trapeze. THat would make it so easy to get up. Good idea about the pad though.. I will mention that,

    Ive never heard of Red Yeast Rice, but I will check it out. thanks :-)

    Bon Jour Robert...how nice to hear from you..yes I will do as she says, :-)

    Im not sure Mary, check online would be a good start. just put it into your browser..

    Hi Rob, :-)
    Yes dear, I will do as the Dr. says, I will take my pills, If it gets me over this tired.. Im tired of being tired ! If thats possible. I will be glad to start feeling better.. YOU take care of YOU too young man.. Are you over your cough? :-)

    Thanks for writing, such a nice way to start my day with my coffee...:-) Hope y'all have a good day... luv ya~!~ :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Penny's not the only one who is worried!!
    You MUST be a good girl and take those pills, regularly. I know it's a bore, I take four in the morning, two at tea-time and three at night, so I DO understand, but so far, touch wood they have kept me O.K. without any real bad side effects.
    That is really great news, that you will be getting THE bed!! ;o)
    Take extra good care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Yes I have always had some kind of pills to take for some reason for as long as I can remember. I just forget to take them..I need a good remindererr..lol..

    Hope you had a good day, so nice to hear from you ..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker