ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, March 19, 2007

~We're Clean~

We are all nice and clean, Penny does such a good job.
The boys were just SO sloppy all week end and just did NOT
pick up after themselves at all..Its so cute when Penny gets
here the boys just are all over her as if to say "YIPPEE, we
are so tired of Mom"...She plays with them which they love, I
should play with them more but to go all thru the house dragging
a string is not that easy to do. They enjoy when I have company
though.. Only thing they really run from is the beast..The big
vacuum sweeper, they both hide. I cant hardly use it at all, it
wears me out totally, its so loud I know why the boys run from
it..it sure does a good job on the carpet.

I havent heard from Chris so I have no idea when he plans to
replace or fix the toilet.. It even rocks..its not stable and I keep
thinking every time I slide on to it that one of these times I may
end up in the basement, well that would be one way to see
what all is still down there though.. I can only peek from the
top of the stairs and only see a small part of the basement, I
havent seen all of it.. I was going to have Penny take a snap
shot of it..so I could see where everything is.. I know when I
moved in that there was water down there..so that is a steady
threat, not only for the wet but the damp smell that was there
before. Its gone now.. I worry about my things down there,
well the material..that worrys me..I have some lovely pieces
in those boxes..

Today is rainy and cold..and I can really feel it.. My right
stump woke me it was aching so bad.. I did my usual body
scan after it woke me up and its so hard to tell sometimes
which is actually aching..the visible or invisible parts.. If I
put my hand over the end..and rub across the end back and
forth sometimes then my brain will know that there is not
anything past there and then the ache will subside.. I had
been laying on my right side, for a different way to lay, on
my back all the time just gets so old..and I think the pressure
of my left stump being bigger and of course heavier is
what makes the right one ache.. I think most of what I feel is
really from my hips.. I notice they ache when I do move or
do my stumpercizes.. I still do those every day ..at least
when I lay down and then again when I wake up..It helps I
think when I do..

I think I may get some veggie plants that grow in pots and
put them on my front porch.. I can get out there and not
worry about the boys escaping If I make sure that outside
door is secure and locked. I think they would have a good
time out there.. I had screens on my windows at the apt.
but I had to take them off as Dutch when he was little
would climb them all the way to the top and hang there,
trying to get the birds..then the screen would come loose
and fall out.. Luckily it fell into the lvingroom not outside.
So I just took the screens off and eliminated the temptation
for the boy..was safer too..I never did need the windows
open as I always had the air conditioner on..

THere isnt an air conditioner here in the house..only a fan
in the ceiling here in the living room..I think I will have no
choice but to get one though.. I just cant take extreme
heat..It takes all the air it seems and I have a hard time
to breathe.. I think just a small window unit here in the
living room or in the bedroom would work fine.. and be
plenty for this little house.. I don't know about the wiring
for one though..and If I start to watch I perhaps can find
a good deal on one.. But the way our summers have been
so horribly hot I am fairly certain that I will have to have
one.. I don't think just a ceiling fan will do the trick..

Tomorrow I have the Dr. Appt. I am very leary as to why
she insists I go IN there to see her.. I sincerely HOPE it is
NOT just for her to tell me the importance of taking my
medications.. I would be very upset..as she could tell me
this over the phone , and not make me go down there and
go thru this hassle of a ride, and every thing else..So I am
sort of apprehensive about that tomorrow.. But I have no
choice but to go..since the Dr. insists..


RIght now I insist on heading to my bed and turning it in..
I didn't see too much last nite but I think my show is on
tonite..Prison Break. I hope they have re runs so I can
see all the ones I slept thru :-) Its that time to say what
I say every night..:"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y"all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya ..and Thanks.
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

14 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The doctor wants to see you for one reason only - he (or she) wants to make money from you visit. If you ain't there, the doctor can't charge Medicare for the visit. So don't worry. Its not about you. Its about the money.

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo Lois,
    Please let us know what the Doctor had to say.
    Bonsoir,
    Robert

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    tv: i hear that the law & order tv show costs $1 billion a year to produce - that money is added to what is spent by the NYC economy.
    Drs are usually concerned about their patients - they do not want to lose them due to a misteak.

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    My new puppies make the biggest messes, every morning it take time to get the bathroom all clean up again. The bathroom is 8 1/2 by 10' 2 inches...We also have an half bath across the hall from it, witch we use most of the time now.

    I hope all goes well at the doctor office. I don't like going to doctor either.
    Did I tell you Becky got a new seat for her wheelchair.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I'm sorry when you get to achin'. You really look good. The color blue becoms you and you got a pretty smile. As for Doctors and money around here they tell of the doc who called a plumber to fix something, which he did. And said that will be $xxx please. The doc said wow! Do you know how little a Dr. makes. Yeah, said the plumber. I used to be one. Did you catch Heather Mills dancing tonight? Don't she look great!
    Bestest d/p

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best anonymus! What a bla bla bla from you.... And what does Heather Mills do in wonderful Lois blog?
    Heathers amputation is a kids game compared to Lois amputations... This Mills gal got lots of money and can buy any legs she want, but Lois has a more severe amputationlevel and manage to live a worthy life anyway....
    And Lois perform a greater dance than Mills do, and she does it every single day of the year. She performs inside my head, as the greatest and most adorable female that has ever been born. She dances trough our world with her wonderful way with letters and words.
    Sorry dearest dear one i came to your part last, but i just had to give this guy a noseburn, for mention this McCartney-prostitute in your blog.
    Take care dearest dear one, and the usual KAO´s to you.
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Wouldn't the Air Con. plug into a wall socket near the window? If it is only a small one, it should not pull a heavy load?
    While you are at the Dr., make use of her and ask about that bed! and any other things a Dr. is supposed to sign for that could help to make your life a little less stressful. Pleas let us know how you get on. You know we all love you and are anxious for you.
    Take care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from Raife

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning,
    I will find out in a few hours what the Dr. wants with me.

    Bon Jour Robert :-)
    Yes, I will let you know as soon as I can.

    My Dr.is very young,and new.I will give her the benefit of the doubt and hopefully this visit will not be just a flakey one..

    Hi Mary, Puppies are so hard to train, cats are very easy. Yes, Im so glad she got a new cushion I wish I could have sent her this spare I have and never use.

    Hi d/p. thanks..no I missed it. I fell asleep, and Im not really a fan of that show..I did see a preview and she did quite well..

    Rob,, lets be nice..we all agree I am just the MOST GORGEOUS :-) I appreciate your defense though..No harm done.. Any amputee rich or poor has a hard way to go..this isnt easy. Your so cute :-)

    Hi Raife,
    yes, they have some smaller units that would be quite adequate im sure.. I know I will need one tho.
    Im going to ask about a bed..I really do need one.. maybe I could get one with a built in massager.. :-) that would be great..since my knight is still lost :-)

    How nice to read this morning. I appreciate hearing from all of you.. your the greatest... :-D
    Hope you have a nice day...
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Good luck with the MD visit.

    A container garden surely sounds lie the way to go.

    Have a great day, Lois.

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Good to hear from you..Ya I think that would be the easiest for me..to do some "potted" plants :-) I Have a big porch so it should work fine.

    It should be ok..I just hate to go. its nice out so wont be too bad..kinda cool..but not far from house to the van and I Have my mink cape works good :-)

    Hope you have a good day :-)
    always, Lois ****

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im gigglin me head of as I read the bit about the knoight In shining armour coming to your rescue...nudge nudge wink wink hehehe....Good luck at the docs hun...Love Cherry xx

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya CherryPie :-)
    So nice to hear from you..I went to the doc..shes very serious and concerned and I guess I havta start playing by the rules, or will lead to stuff that could be very life threatening..and well I aint done with this dance yet..

    Ya, I dunno what happened to him either he lost his map or the horse went lame..lol.. take care ..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger LeoQuestions said…

    Hi again!

    I see that you may have a different toilet problem, is it the whole shebang that moves, as in rocking back and forth on the floor?

    If so, mine did it too, so I put GE clear silicone caulk under the base to make a solid support, no rocking.

    You need a thin wood wedge to lift the toilet very slightly, maybe a 1/16 of an inch, on one side at a time while applying the caulk. Cut off the nozzle to a very small hole and squirt it into the crack slowly so it fills the space neatly. Work on an inch at a time, go slowly. You can do this yourself, and long legs won't even get in the way!

    Pull out the wedge, repeat on the other side, and wipe off the excess before it sets up too much. You should not see any mess at all, and the toilet will soon be like the Rock of Gibraltar.

    I see you are like the wife of my oldest friend, but she lost both legs due to her diabetes. No sugar cookies, Lois! :-)

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Leonard..:-)
    So very nice to hear from you~!~ so ok..can you come and fix it for me?? lol.. I know a little about potty plumbing but not much.. The potty looks like its just free standing and that worries me.
    thanks for writing..so nice to hear from you...
    Always, Lois

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker