ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

~Company IS a GOOD Thing~ :-)

I had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed my company. We had
an excellent dinner and to have good food and good conversation
at the same time is very enjoyable.. I don't realize how much I miss
that companionship of another person until I have it. It was a very
very nice visit and I really had a good time.. Thankfully the cat
allergies didn't seem to get in the way, which I was most grateful.
Although I have to give the boys a lot of credit for minding their
mother and not being pesteroids and being constantly in the way.
They both behave very nicely and I was very proud of them.. It
was funny this morning when Penny got here how they seemed
to RUSH up to her as if to say, "Penny, mom picked on us and
made us behave, and didn't pay us any attention".. I could almost
hear them.. :-) Penny of course spent the next half hour rubbing
and petting and just totally spoiling them, which needless to say
they loved it. I know they get tired of me and need the attention
of someone other than me..

I did get some very nice compliments on my cute little cozy house,
and of course on myself as well which I TOTALLY hated haha.. I
am so glad some people wear colored glasses, then cant see
what they are really looking at :-) I do appreciate the fact that I
am appreciated for being so honest and open and easy to talk
to..Which I really try to be.. I have such a well I guess you could
say "hang up" about right and wrong, and lies.. I hate lies so bad,
and what is right is right, you have a job to do..do it..and do the
very best you can. Don't whine and boo hoo..say 'poor me' get
on with it..and just do it... Many feel sorry for me which I really
appreciate..but they were only legs..all they did was walk and
they did make my life easier..but well now Ive had to adapt to
a new way of life.. I am still living.. I don't want to say I am
really independent..but I will say I hate to ask for help..I will try
to do things myself first..when I cant do it..THEN I will, maybe,
break down and ask a trusted friend 'will you help me' but if
there is ANY way that I can get it or do it I WILL. I guess you
could say I am very outspoken and don't mind talking about
any subject there is.. and I am always willing to give my
opinion on a subject, not that my opinion is always right..but
its mine..and if you ask me..well I will be honest and tell you
exactly what I think..and those that do chat with me know that
I am like this..and I am proud to say they do respect me for
this. Now, I will also add that it has gotten me in trouble and
has caused me to lose friends because I am so outspoken,
but then..if you don't want my opinion then be sure to NOT
include me in the conversation... :-)

My new bed, I don't know if its me or the mattress or what, but
I sure am not sleeping the greatest and I do have a bad spot
on my tailbone again..that of course my blue gel to the rescue.
RATZ I forgot to send Penny to get some of that stuff for Mary.
I have just got to start writing myself notes so I don't forget stuff.
But then sometimes when I do that I lose the Notes!!! :-) and
that's not good either! Penny will be back on Friday and I have
just put up a note hangin right in front of me to remind me, so
I better NOT forget again... I have forgotten the past few days
to balance my checkbook though and I just have TOO easy a
time to do that.. I got a call from my caseworker informing me
that funds to help people pay their utility bills has been stopped
and no more bills will be paid..so I will have to come up with
the money for my electric bill...and my gas which will be fun to
find..My caregiver hours are going to be cut as well I was told.
This state is in a seriously bad spot, and I think it will get a lot
worse before it gets better. I was told that Illinois, or Mass. or
NY are very good states for benefits..and I guess that is what
I really should do rather than wait around for the next "shoe"
to drop ...and I sure don't wanna get caught with my pants
down either, I would be in trouble since I don't wear them !!!
Its hard to know what to do.. If I wasn't in this chair I would
not worry as I knew I could get a good job or possibly even
have a mate and then I would have someone else to depend
on and not only myself...That is hard to adjust to, as well as
living a lower quality of life than what you are used to as well.
ITs not easy...

I talked to Penny and she is going to help me to plant some
flowers outside.. I will get the seeds as its cheaper than
buying the plants.. This place outside needs quite a bit of
work even the grass needs cut already.. I did notice those
buds on that bush outside are getting bigger, I have no idea
what kind it is..but I hope it has some flowers on it, and I
hope when it does I will have a digital camera to be able to
take some photos of it.. I saw these new cameras that are
able to take videos that would be really nice.. I can only take
1 minute videos with my webcam. They are pretty good
quality but I cannot go over that time frame..which with a
digital camera video maybe will be longer.. I miss that one I
had and I could just spit for being so careless to let that slide
off my lap and get ruined.. Still gets me upset...I know its the
camera as I tried a brand new card that hadnt even been in
the camera..and still did not work.. Hopefully before too long
I will be able to get a new one..

I am tired..as I was up late last nite and I didn't sleep well
with that spot on my butt, ok ok ..tailbone.. that's really where
it is..right where your back hits the bed..its not a good spot..
I put some gel on and the soreness is gone and I know by
tomorrow it will be healed.. I havent had lunch either so I
know I don't have to write that I am hungry. That can just be
an automatic assessment :-) On that judgement I am off
to find food and its time to say "Nitey nite"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and thanks :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    QUOTE LOIS:I could just spit for being so careless to let that slide
    off my lap:END QUOTE

    What lap my dear? When did you get a lap? Havent seen it..... Just your sweet little stubs i love so much, nearly as much as i love you... Hmmmm, theyre a part of you....... I am silly, but as i just looked over my pics of you, i can put the blame on being whimsical on that.... I keep longing, and hoping.... To *S*E*E* you.
    Have a good night dearest, i will.
    Yours forever with all the KAO´s in the world.
    ***********+*
    Yours truly
    R*O*B*E*R*T

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It is always great to have company that you enjoy.
    Glad there allergy didn't get in the way.
    Another busy day here, Becky staff didn't come in this morning and no one to take her place...so I was call in...I work when they can't fine anyone else to fill in... I don't mine and it nice for Becky or Pam to have me care for them...
    At times it can be real hard for me, if it happen to close together...
    Lately I have missed lot of sleep, needing to catch on it again...
    If I miss coming here, it because I am sick and not able too.
    Always nice to read what you wrote about.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    beds: I sleep on a captain's bed which is plywood. Then I sleep on 2 futons so that both my legs and head are elevated. So far my back enjoys this mode of sleeping. I used to sleep on futons on a concrete floor.
    Garden: I have 2 gardens about 12 x 20 feet or 4 x 7 m. I will grow mainly herbs and flowers such as marigolds.

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm afraid, if you get a digital camera for still shots, it will only give you one minute of movies before needing pictures transferring to your computer. Both ours are like that, the one that was stolen and later returned by the cops when they caught up with the bloke who half-inched it, and the one we bought to replace it.
    I'm SOOOO glad you enjoyed your company. There must be many times when you feel lonely - if only this blooming Pond wasn't in the way!!!
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. From
    Raife

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    True, I really Dont have a lap, and it really is hard to carry anything..Your so sweet.. :-)

    Hi Mary,
    You stay so busy..I hope you take some time just for yourself..You need that my friend.

    Hi Momar,
    I cant wait to plant some flowers..I miss not having a garden. Your lucky.. My new bed is working ok..so far.. :-)

    Hi Raife,
    Ive been looking for a new camera just havent decided which one I want.. I enjoyed that one. I wish I could get it fixed..

    Hope y'all had a great day and so nice to hear from you :-D
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker