ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, April 30, 2007

~Door Bell Photos & Lori~


I wrote last nite about a door bell that a friend of mine made for his
cottage, I looked for the photos of his handiwork last nite before I
posted and could not find them anywhere..So today I got the photos.
so now you can see his excellent handiwork on his doorbell.. You
can see the horseshoe, and of course it is hanging the right way, if
its hung upside down all the luck runs out, so never hang a horse
shoe with the open end down..

The little gavel that is hanging on the end of that leather cord is of
wood..hand made as well.. The name they gave their cottage when
they bought it..I believe was his wife's idea..they named the cottage
Gavel Cottage and that is why the little gavel handing at the end of
the pull cord..The reason for the name Gavel..is because the area
is known as Auction Field.. thusly Gavel which is used in auctions..
to say "SOLD!" and smack with that gavel to seal the deal..When
I saw the gavel hanging I didn't know until today it was not metal..
or that it was hand made as well. I was worried about someone
hitting the glass with it.. if it swung or something.. He did a great
job..and his wife is very pleased. Hes very talented in this field,
made all his doors , Oak, for inside this cottage as well.. This
place is just beautiful..Inside and out.. She has the best green
thumb of anyone in the area I think..she is so lucky to have a
wonderful green house and when their yard starts blooming
with all the wonderful flowers etc..its quite lovely...My dear
friend Raife, that posts comments here ..this is his work.. he
is handy as a button, Ines is very lucky to have such a very
talented husband that you can just say.."would you build..."
and no matter what it is..out of wood..this man can build it..
You should see his Rocking Horses..amazing..

We are having a VERY severe thunderstorm..and this thunder
is so strong it is making my windows rattle.. I haven't checked
on the TV to see if we are under storm warnings or not..and
I guess I should.. I keep a flashlight by me and I have a lot of
candles around If I need them.. If I lose power which happens
a lot here I wont even have a phone..that's why I have been
seriously considering buying a prepaid cell phone.. No phone
is like no computer you are shut off from the world.. I have to
say right now if power goes out in this area that I would more
than likely be in the first area to get power back as the hospital
is only 2 blocks down the road..and they would see to it that
they got power back first..at least I would hope so..But it is a
bad storm if it gets too much worse I will shut down.. I don't
wanna get hit by lightening..that's all I would need. I stay charged,
I don't need more voltage :-)

Lori was here from Keystone, she is so nice.. I took her photo but
I didn't ask could I put it up here and I should ask first.. But well,
she wont mind, she is very easy going and plus the fact shes very
cute and tiny like Penny.. She of course was harassed the whole
time by the boys..but she loves it..she has cats..even LB goes up
to her and will sit by her..which is VERY unusual for him.he very
seldom bothers with anyone..so she must be good people..Penny
came to day as well..I was so glad..she went down the base
ment and found a bag of my clothes..my only pair of pants were
in that bag... I have a pink pantsuit that is just gorgeous..and I
was going to make the pants into a skirt with the jacket..Its so
pretty..well I cant get to a machine to make them into pants now..
At the apt..with my machine set up in the other bedroom I could
sew anytime..My machine is down the basement.. We also,
well Penny, found my yellow skirt..and she even dug out the top
that goes with it..She took it home to wash and whiten up for
me.. Some poor washing skills just grayed up many of my
white clothes..Ruth was not a good clothes washer..

That storm is getting worse and I had better end this while I have
the chance and this puter should be shut down just to be safe..
plus the fact im hungry.. :-) So its that time again..where does
the time go.. May 1st tomorrow..wow..Time flies when you are
having fun.. "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u need to get a regular phone in case the power goes off or jerryrig you cordless to work on batteries

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois I just got home, been working with Pam this evening, Working for Becky in the morning...just wanted you to know I stop by...nice pictures Lois.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Joe,
    Yes I know I keep saying that but I never do lol...

    Hi Mary~!~
    Im so glad you take the time to stop by and visit with me Mary, means alot to me.. and I appreciate you alot..
    thanks..

    Hope Y'all have a great day :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker