ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, April 29, 2007

~Door Bells~


A friend of mine sent me some photos of the work hes done on his
house..amazing work.This house is just beautiful.. He sent a photo
of a bell that he put above his front door. He took photos of the inside
of the house so you could see this pretty bell hanging above the
door on a nicely scrolled piece of what looks like black iron.. It shows
a cord going thru the wall.. The photo taken from the outside shows a
chain on the leftside of the door and at the end is a little mallet and
if you pull that cord..it will ring the bell on the inside.. Its just great..
and looks so nice.. brought back many memories..

Where I grew up we had neighborhood grocery stores..Within walking
distance of my house were 2 little stores..only a few blocks away .
One was Sadino's, and the other was Cavadias's..Each of their front
doors when you opened it, it would hit a bell hanging over top of it..
They lived in the back and when they heard the bell they came out
into the store to wait on you.. At most of them you had a charge,
at the end of the week I guess they paid the bill off.. I knew my mom
had a charge at Sadino's but never remember her paying it..

Both these stores had that really good penny candy and some of it
was 2 for a penny. A nickel and you could get a nice supply of candy.
I knew what each store had..and somethings one had and not the
other which I was glad.. I liked to go to Sadino's, they had cats..and
there were always some hanging around that I could pet and play
with, They were Italian and was a mother and her son... very nice
people..It was nice having a little mini grocery store just a block
away.

There were 2 other stores in the little town I grew up in..One was
called Baker's and the other was Pedo's.. When that town was
going full strength with a busy main street was just wonderful,
department store..2 drug stores..gas station..movie theatre,
bank...was a nice little town.. Now there are people still live
there but the busy town has gone..those little neighborhood
stores are gone..and even the name of that town is no more,
as it was annexed into the neighboring one to make 1 bigger
town..why I don't know..they had their logic..Still sad to know
that town I grew up in is gone. And those that do remember
that town how it was..are almost gone too..Sad.. Its such a
lovely area..good clean air. a healthy place to live.

I was going to take a new photo today and well.. I got so mad
when I tried to get the yellow skirt I wanted and the white top..
well I couldn't find either one..The yellow skirt should have
been in the bathroom closet..its not there..and its so hard to
look cuz those hangers are just on the edge of a shelf hanging.
and the top..well its short sleeved so its in my bedroom closet
which I cant even get NEAR! I hate this.. I think im going to
look for some kind of garment hanging thing..I have to do some
thing..and theyre so squished together theyre all wrinkled..THAT
is NOT acceptable.. I could get rid of some of my clothes I guess
but I don't wanna do that either.. I wish this place was bigger or
I had better closets..So the photo is one of the 3 I took last week.
if I can find my yellow skirt and the matching top I shall take a
photo and put it here..If I DONT find that skirt I will NOT be a
happy camper at all.. :-)

Was a nice sunny day today, tomorrow Lori from Keystone is
going to come..just a hello check on you type thing..Shes very
nice..Theresa knows her too..and my Dr. is related to Theresa's
husband I think..Joys of small town :-) I got a pizza last nite and
sat in front of my TV and ate it and I really did enjoy that.. I have
some left over and I plan to have it for supper.. AND I am of
course STARVED.. I had one piece about 11 and its time to
be hungry again and time to say "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    Its cold here in sweden... But your smile on the picture, is warming up the ice-age........
    Im hot, youre hot...
    Lets throw our clothes....
    Pardon my dear, the tounge slipped. But its the plain thruth i speak. if you have a wish, let others know it. How else will your dreams be fulfilled???
    Take care and kisses all over, ma cherie amour...
    Your own
    R O B E R T

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois, it a very nice sunny day here. You look geat in blue, bring out your smile and your hair is shining so bright.
    The neighborhood grocery store was awesome to remember back when...I love my child hood...lot of children in the neighborhood to play with.
    God bless you Lois for bring back all the great times in my child hood.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well dear, even if you couldn't find the yellow skirt - you are still GORGEOUS. You know I always think of you that way (gorgeous)...

    Thanks for sharing some interesting thoughts and memories.

    Have a great week! Always thinking of you.

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Robert :-)
    Sweden is a lovely country, I have seen photos..Well when you make a wish you are NOT sposta tell or it wont come true..that is the word over here.. so SHHHHH ;-)

    Hi Mary..
    Thank you.. Yes I was raised in a good time..Its sad that all these places have disappeared..they were the good days.. of trust and love and morals.. sad those days are gone.Memories are what keep us going.. Thats why photos are so good..they help us to remember..

    Hi Butty,,
    you say the sweetest things.. I did find the yellow skirt :-) im happy.. glad you like walks down memory lane..I do..ok Rolls lol..

    Hope ya'll had a great day..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Lovely photo, Lois!

    My first daffodils came up, and the air is full of spring!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Thanks :-) not alot up here yet that I can see.. we're gettin leafs tho ..
    Good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker