ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, April 21, 2007

~Summer Smells ~

I was sitting here trying to decide what I was going to write about
since today was a very quiet day, nothing happening. As I sat
here at my computer I heard this noise outside, I thought was a
tree company and they were chipping up branches.. I looked out
the front door and I could smell the fresh cut grass ..it smelled
so good..then I noticed across the street there was a young man
on a riding lawn mower out there just riding all over and the more
ground he covered the better it smelled.. That is such a good
smell to me..Fresh Cut Grass, the smell of summer.. When I was
at the apartment Chris cut the grass and he had a stand on
mower that I had never seen that kind before..He was cutting in
front of my door,but he was over cutting the grass at the property
line between us and the new apartments next door. He was
going pretty fast and I saw the hole before he did,,his mower hit
that hole and Chris took a dive off that stand on machine and
hit the ground..the mower kept going and hit the cyclone fence
that was there, Lucky it was or that machine would have ended
up over in the church parking lot..Chris got up..saw me watching
him, he smiled and waved and kinda shrugged his shoulders as
if to say "Oh Well" walked over to that lawn mower and started
to cut the grass again... He didnt get hurt but I think he learned
to pay attention to where he was going, hard way to learn a
lesson..he could have gotten hurt!...

I look out the kitchen window and I can see that nice area between
the house and garage, there are stepping stones that go from the
driveway to the back door and there are stones that go from the
garage side door to the house back door too.. They all need to be
trimmed around them you can hardly see all of them the grass has
just taken over.. I know all cleaned up they would look so nice..
There is a bush by the side of the garage and plants around the
bottom . I don't know what they are..If the tall gangly one is a rose
bush I wish I would have known that when I moved in and I would
have cut it back.. I havent seen any buds or signs of life on it.. I
cant see the whole little triangle garden that is down below the
kitchen window..It could be fixed up to look really nice.. I see that
there is something growing in it but I have NO idea what it is.. I
ache to go out there and work..I want to so bad.. I watched the
man down the street this morning as he cleaned up his yard.. He
has a nice house..all ground level..that is so perfect.. I wish this
one was.. If it was mine I would build a deck on the back and a
ramp..and make a new door into the house, and I could get out
probly even by myself.. this house does have a lot of possibilities
that it could be made into a great house..just needs some work
and of course MONEY..

I have been getting a lot of emails about that tragedy in Virginia..
I have read both sides.. there are many that blame the gun, said
no one should have one.. But if just one person had been allowed
to have a gun that day..would so many have been killed? its not
the gun..and I think all this clamor about not being allowed to
have one is so wrong.. I know if those that are complaining and
starting the big stink like they always do about this kind of thing,
if THEY were in the situation and in fear of their lives..I bet they
would WISH they had a gun... Its just so wrong the big stink they
are putting up about guns..when I think that its the person using
it.. I feel so bad for those familys.. To loose a child is so very
hard.. Parents are not supposed to outlive their children.. So
sad..such young kids..starting life and to have it ended by a
guy that had to have been out of his mind.. What a tragedy..
My heart goes out to those people, even to the parents of the
madman that did the killing..how hard this has to be for them.
What memories they have now of their son.. . . awful...

My crockpot chicken was really good..I was surprised..but I
love rice.. it was very flavorfull..and it came with the meat and
all..a lot of these mixes dont..I think the others they had were
chicken and noodles or dumplings, and as good as this was
I know they have to be good.. I am going to try them out too.

I gave my self a headache today,, I knew I would the minute I
decided to balance my checkbook..It does that to me every
time.. I do keep a good record but for some reason I never
can get it to balance right and I am always off.. I hate when
that happens.. I am hoping that when the 1st gets here and
my monthly check that I will have enough left over to get that
bird feeder for the boys. So if I can get this thing to balance
out I will be ok I HOPE lol...

I think a nice steak , onion and Swiss cheese sandwich will
ease my headache, Im gonna give it a try ...so that means
its time to say "Nitey Nite"...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and Thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Yes it does sound like summer when the lawn mower are going and the smell of fresh grass.And it nice when you hear children playing in the back ground too.
    You have a great day Lois, God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ah fresh cut grass - I compost it and then use it in the garden - it is 10:45 and time to go to bed.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    I worry about all this grass I have here that will need cut..I wish I could do it :-)

    Hi Momar,
    great smell.. like the smell after it rains.. a nice clean smell.. I bet your ready to start planting :-)

    So nice to hear from you :-)
    hope you had a great day
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker