ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, April 23, 2007

~Penny's Sick~

I don't know what I ate yesterday other than that soup but I
was up I bet 3 times last nite and have NOT felt the best today.
My stomach is really torn up.. I have no idea what it could be
from.. Penny called in sick today said she was throwing up all
night and got a call she has to go and pick up her grandson
from school as he is sick..her daughter has been sick with this
too.. I told her not to worry and see how she feels tomorrow,
I know I sure don't want that stuff.. What I had STILL I don't
think is totally gone.. and that was really awful...

I havent heard from Donnie in a while so I plan to call him later
to see how his burn is doing.. He stays so active its a wonder
it has time to heal.. Hes not one for sitting around..the longest
he will sit is to watch nascar or fishing or football..but I think
that's how most men are.. From what I gather he and his dog
are getting along better and Im glad..Jerky is a good dog..he
is just like most chocolate labs and very hyper.. Hes a beauty
though and a HUGE dog..over 80 pounds.. hes a big boy...

I ran over my boy this morning..well his little foot.. I felt so bad..
but he stays right close to my chair when I am rolling and if I
stop suddenly or change direction and hes not paying attention
I get him.. I havent in a long while..but I was in a hurry this
morning to get to the potty and at first I was going to feed them,
then decided was not a good idea and changed directions
real fast and got him.. I didn't do any damage..just made the
boy scream..Then LB has to come and see what is wrong and
he was really mad.. He and Dutch fight but LB is very protective
of the boy..Im glad they do get along..There are times when
they don't and that's when you find the clumps of cat hair all over
the rug.. He limped for a little while and I had to pick him up
and tell him I would never do that to him again..I bet he pays
attention to this chair a lot better now..


I turned the furnace off and I am not sure I really did. I cant see
the dial.. I can only just barely reach it..and to see what that
little red arrow is on is almost impossible.. Its been so nice
and warm here the past few days..and its kinda hot in here.
I cant reach the ceiling fan cord as Donnie took the chain off
of the fan and put it on the light one.. I guess I will have to
break down and ask him if he can fix it.. If I don't get a air
conditioner that fan may be my only hope of making it thru
the summer heat, at least that will keep the air circulating
and maybe not be so hot in here..

Since Penny didn't show up today I did some of the stuff she
usually does.. like sweeping the floor.. I WILL NOT go into
detail about all the stuff I knocked down with that broom
handle.. I almost knocked one of my plates down that I have
up on the wall.. its a very old antique one and just lovely ,, I
would have been sick had that gotten broken..plus I did hit
a few other things..but nothing broke.. I am very glad..:-) We
werent real messy over the weekend so it wasn't too bad
in here.. its the boys that make the messes.. not me :-)

I am going to make myself a nice cup of hot tea and go and
watch TV for a while..I am NOT going to eat anything just
in case this ickky ness is not gone.. and I think tea might
help. I sure hope so..draggin my butt off that bed into my
chair and on that potty 6 times in a nite doesn't cut it..and
I don't wanna go thru that again tonite..I HOPE I don't
anyway.. one night is plenty enough... "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and thanks!!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one... Sick again!!!! Get better soon, so we can talk... I am longing, and besides.... You shud not be ill.
    KAO
    Your own
    R O B (bie)

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois so sorry to hear you are still having problem being sick.
    I pray you are all well Tuesday...
    Mary

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It got up to 83F today. About 26 or C. Naturally, the furnace is off. I have nice easy to reach red switches for turn off and on.
    I am sorry to hear there is so much sickness going around. Try Chamomile tea - it is Manzanilla in spanish.

    Segolene Royal made it to the run-offs in the French elections. I remember her when she was minister of environment back in the 1980s.

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Maybe, being active will help Donald's leg heal, by keeping the circulation moving. Circulation in the leg relies a lot on the legs moving to keep the blood moving, I believe.
    Sounds like there is a sick bug doing the rounds over there. I DO HOPE you don't go down with it too bad.
    Hope you are warm enough with the furnace turned off. It will save a lot on your fuel bills.
    Take car, Honey. Lots of Love and Great Big Hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    No Im not really sick just a bad stomach.. Other wise I feel ok.. I sure appreciate your concern though.. :-)

    Hi Mary, I think just a 24 hr stomach thing and I havent been eating the best all the time..so that could be the cause..I felt ok..just steady having to rush off to the toidy is not fun in a wheelchair, trying to hold on and then run into the wall..its not easy LOL...but Im ok..

    Hi Momar is been wonderful here too I want to let the boys out on the porch I think they will enjoy it.. I had the lunch lady check mine..

    Hope y'all had a great day..take care so nice to hear from you...
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife!
    Hows the visit with your sis? I know your having a good time.. Donnie is doing good..hes young and heals fast.. nice to hear from you..
    Always,Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker