ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

~Penny Made It!~


Talk about a rainy blah day, all it did today was rain. My stumps
sure told me it was.. Penny came today and the boys and I were
very happy. I tried to keep up but sure isnt easy. I cant reach my
knobs on my sink to turn the water on to even wash dishes..so I
couldn't even do them, nor could I reach the boys litter box. That's
why I said we all 3 were very glad she came today and was feeling
better.. The boys especially, they are really fussy.specially LB he
doesn't put his feet in the litter box, only to quickly cover then hes
out..he perches on the side of the box, like a bird sitting on a perch.
He would do real good on the potty. Ive seen cats that do that. My
sister had a Siamese that was potty trained, only thing she couldn't
get him to do was flush it, :-)

I still am working on balancing my checkbook and its already the
end of the month..I need to do this as soon as I get it..but I get
so discouraged when I mess with it cuz it never balances for me.
It seems it always has to be off just to keep me riled up and get
a headache..THEN it hides the mistake so well it takes me for
ever to find it! That's why balancing this book gives me such a
pain. I call my bank so much they know my voice! :-)

I got a call today that they will be coming to pick up my rented power
chair. They have stopped paying for it even though I don't have my
own yet..The funds were cut on this just as it is for a lot of stuff we
get here. They will cut Pennys hours the first of the month too. I
don't know what to do then, she barely has enough hours now to
do everything. This state is so broke and we are always the first
to get the cut backs.. I heard the state of Illinois is good as well
as New York. Indiana is worse than Michigan, I used to live
there, so I know.. my nephew is disabled and he is having an
awful time getting any help and he has 3 kids still at home.. He
hurt his back years ago..and it has steadily gotten worse. Hes a
good kid though..handsome too and a good son, hes good to my
sister and that means a lot..

I would like to take a holiday and I have been saying that for 3 yrs
now..I wonder what year I will finally get to take one.. I would love
to go to Europe..London, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany,
all over..I would be just as pleased to take a holiday and NOT
leave the states :-)... Every state is a wonderful place.. I have been
through most of them and lived in quite a few.. I do have my favorites,
but each one is great and all are just beautiful... I would love to have
a huge bus, or a big RV and just travel the rest of my days.. Stop
when ever I wanted,, go to a new town every day or stay for a week
or longer if I really liked the place..Go North in the summer, south
in the winter..How wonderful that would be.. I just have to get someone
to donate that RV or bus to me..and I don't know anyone that has a
spare one..I could ask Monaco Coach to donate one to me..They
make some of the most beautiful coaches of any company and what
is so nice is they will build them to suit the owner and some are
even TOTALLY wheelchair accessible..That company does great
work and make some of the finest coaches anywhere. I just wish
they had a donation program that I could apply for... THEN I would
have to find a driver...that would be fun..I wonder who would be
willing to travel around North America for the rest of their days
keeping me company and of course driving.. I bet I could learn to
drive it though..with hand controls I think would be very possible..
I bet I would do as good with that as I would that riding lawn mower.
I could just see me driving under a bridge and getting stuck ..that
would be about MY speed too :-) But I sure would love to do that,
travel..not get stuck under a bridge :-)

I was sitting here at my desk and I have a lot of stuff up on top of
it, which I guess I really shouldn't have up there, since the boys
like high places.. Although it wasn't the boys that did the clearing
off of the desk this time. I have some cat figurines up there that were
given to me and they look so nice there too.. I have some candles
in these brass holders , in back of them.. I THOUGHT I could
reach the candles..and of course being blind in my left eye I
have NO depth perception and I thought I was grabbing for the
candle and went past, moved my hand , the candle fell out and
hit 3 of the cat figurines and like dominoes they all fell off the top
of the desk one by one.. None of them broke and thankfully did
not hit me or anything of value, like my keyboard or monitor. They
would have only dented my big box, my computer, and Im glad
they missed it.. I don't know why I try to reach for stuff and even
THINK I will touch what I am aiming for...I have so many joys..
being blind in one eye, and have the joy of being in a chair.. Its
wonderful ..so exciting never a dull day. :-D life is fun.. I love it :-)

Time for this chair to roll off towards that room where my TV is
waiting for me to watch it, LOST is on tonite and I still am lost
in that show.. I guess I missed too much of it to understand
what that place really is.. its ok though..I still like that Medium
its pretty good...I bet that poor woman never sleeps...all those
dreams she has... good show though.. TV's are a good thing
just like pets.. "Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and thanks :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

8 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I will think about your stumps every time it rains. A little empathy never hurt.

    Ah, I know that it is spring when the RV fantasy returns. A very good fantasy, I think, and perhaps not so unrealistic.

    My cats insist one an exquisitely clean litter box. The won't boycott it if is it dirty- They simply stick their rear ends out beyond the edge before peeing. It's a message that cannot be ignored.

    You need a little plumbing help. I bet that you could have a better faucet arrangement installed.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If someone had your name and address they could send you cash anonymously.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    It rain off and on all day, the sun did shine for a few minutes this afternoon...I just knew the rain was over...I was wrong.

    Keeping the checkbook balancing is getting harder as I grow older I think...
    Bob won a DVD player today, wow we been wanting one of those thing for a while.
    It sure make Michael very happy, we put it on Bob TV.
    Good nite Lois.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Yes, I would love to travel.. I found a bus, for 4,000 and I wish they would take payments lol..wanna float me a loan? :-D

    Dutch burys his diddles for an hour he scratches everything in site..from walls to the box lol..LB will whine and boo hoo if its not done every day.. spoiled kids.. :-)

    its not the faucet the whole sink is just too high and wide.. same in the bathroom.. I wish it was better..

    Hi Anonymous.. :-)
    I have my name and addy someone can write to me and I would send..I also have a pay pal button on here.. it works too.. I sure could use all the help I can get... :-)

    Hi Mary,,,
    ITs raining again today and kinda cool. Ya, this checkbook of mine laffs at me when I try to balance.
    How nice that Bob won that! I dont have one..just in my computer.. they are nice to have though. Yes I bet Michael is very happy..some good movies out there and you can get some good deals on line for dvd's..

    Good to hear from you.. Thanks :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gorgeous! Just trying to get caught up a little while I have a few minutes. Glad Penny finally made it!

    Well, if I could I'd love to RV with ya - we'd have a grand time. I'd wear my favorite outfit...lol. Keep your legs massaged too.

    Oh - love your 4/22 pic - you are sooooo gorgeous.

    Take care Sweet Lady! Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty, :-)
    So nice to hear from you ...Yes the girl is finally better..We are all glad. I found a big RV for sale and I sure would like to have it..but..I just cant afford it. WIsh I could..

    Im so glad you like my photos.. not too bad for an old bat hey? naaa I aint old by a long shot :-) I refuse to age ...:-D

    take care Butty..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're not getting older Sweets - you're getting better - and more gorgeous every day.

    Bare Huggers,

    Butty

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    I say Butty, you just KNOW how to make a lady's day dont ya? thanks sweetie... Big Hugs..ok Bare Hugs hehehe..
    Luv ya~!~
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker