ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

~Good Visits~ :-)

My Dolly and her husband came by last nite and we had such a
nice visit. I tried to reach her before she left work to not worry
about coming by here and spend the time with her grandparents.
They love her dearly and really enjoy seeing her. She and Jorge
stayed for a little over an hour and I noticed Kelli was yawning
and I told them to go ahead and go home, she had a really
busy week end and worked all day she was tired..I was glad
to see her though..she is just so lovely, beautiful girl..Jorge is
very nice looking man, very quiet, he liked LB, he rubbed his
belly which of course will make him just sprawl all over the
place. They have a cat and a small dog. The boys enjoyed
their company too... :-)

I had a nice visit today too..Barb and Bill, Donnies parents came
over for a visit and brought me some of her homemade Italian
spaghetti and meatballs. Barb is an excellent cook, it shows on
them a little too... Was a nice visit and we looked at photos of
our girl when she was little and the wedding photos many of
which Bill didn't even have that I will send to them. Bill is new
at the computer but is learning really well..he does very good.
He had a bad go last year for awhile and had to have a
quadruple heart bypass..he is still having problems that he
should not be having.. We tried to compare after I had mine,
but I was so out of it, with leaving my husband, sick, and more
surgeries one after the other I don't remember how I felt, I
know I do remember not being able to lay on my side for 10
weeks that drove me nuts, that's how I always slept. They
both looked real good and it was so nice to talk about Kelli
and when she was a baby and look at the pictures.

I took lots of videos of Kelli when she was little, the first 4 years
of her life, till I moved away. I guarded those VCR tapes and
made sure they were protected so that one day I could give
them to her and she could see the mother she didn't remember.
Kimmie, Kelli's mother, was killed when she was 4 years old,
just after I had moved away. I had a few videos of her mother
and I saved them for her. 2 yrs ago I gave them to her so she
could see and hear her mother. I was so glad I did and Kelli
was just so happy to see them and to watch her mother walk
and could hear her talking, specially kissing and telling Kelli
she loved her.. Kelli said to me that she was surprised tho,
that she didn't remember her mothers voice. But there was
no way she would remember, she liked hearing it though
and I am glad it had sound with the tapes. I gave the tapes
to Donnie and he took them to Barb and Bill and all of
them watched the tapes with Kelli, then Barb had them
put onto cd's for us.. Its a better way to preserve them. I
have some old VCR tapes that were made off of old
8mm tapes, I would like to have them put on cd too.. I
wish I could get some of the photos off of them they
are really wonderful...

I look at those old videos that have me in them.. I see
myself walking and running and I know its me..It seems
strange that now I dont remember being like that, or
even the feeling of warm sand, or the damp grass or
the water from a shower hitting my feet. Those are old
movies and I have to admit..even though I had legs
back then, i was still GORGEOUS..I just added the
WEEBLE onto it.. :-D

Well I have a container of spaghetti out in the kitchen and I
am going out there and trying it..I already KNOW Its gonna
be excellent.. And I am hungry, lunch was one of their famous
GUESS what this is kind.. so I naturally did not eat it.. Im
gonna get some sketti, and a SMALL drink and go and
watch TV but first say "nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya! and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was Sunday's blog that pulled my chain ... the pix ...you look really good. Purple ... its yo' color ... along with red ... orange ... tan ... green and so on ....

    d

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Gorgeous Weeble!!
    Yes, I remember not being able to sleep on my side for several weeks, too. I'm a member of the chest zipper club!!! ;o)
    That sounded a really nice get together. How super you made those tapes and that they have been put on DVD.
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi d,
    Thanks hon..how nice to read..:-) Your so sweet..

    Hiya Raife
    You handy button you. :-D...Ya, I have a good time with B & B, theyre lots of fun and good parents..they raised a good man.. We are proud of him..

    Hope y'all had a great day today! Hot as hell here let me tell ya "SIZZLE!"
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker