ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, May 25, 2007

~It Rained~

I knew it was gonna rain.. it started sometime during
the night, its rained off and on all day, but its nice
and cool, Im really glad. But my stumps told me 2 days
ago it was going to rain.. I can tell..they ache so bad, It
feels like a sharp jab to my heels sometimes and it does
really hurt. I think because of the leg bone being cut off
like that I would think it causes some of the aches, as if
arthritis has set in, which I would think it would. I have it
in my fingers and shoulders, I was told that years ago,
I can tell in them too. My poor hands have the carpal
tunnel, arthritis and this pvd crap..Poor things, they have
a right to ache and act up on me and not wanna do
stuff. Like keeping hold of things.

I would think by now that Dutch would know not to be by
me when I am cooking, much less getting water. I had
Penny make some spaghetti sauce for me and I wanted
to have some angel hair pasta, which ment a bowl of water
for it to cook in the microwave. I got the bowl and as I went
to turn to put it on the table Dutch decided just at that time
to jump up onto the table and he and the bowl collided
and needless to say Dutch got down real fast, all wet too.
I was glad I didn't use hot water or he could have been
burnt. I usually try to make sure they know to stay away
from the table when Im cooking but I guess he didn't
think I was as I was in the sink..I couldn't have timed it
better if I had tried.. :-) The sauce was excellent and that
will last me all week end..

Well this month is almost gone..I think I just said that about
3 days ago about April...I know I remember times when it
seemed the minutes just dragged and dragged, like that
day was NEVER going to be over..I notice now, that It
seems I just got up and lunch is here and I look again and
its time to write something here for the day. Kelli was just
23,, I look at that kid and I honestly feel old. no..not really
old but I wonder where those years in between went and
what happened... I looked back into my journal today that
I started in 1983..I didn't write every day, In fact the last
three entries were dated the years of 2002,2005,2007. I
missed some in between. I look at it and I think I should
write in it..then I don't.. Its easy to sort of catch up anyway
and this book isnt near full.. Its interesting to read..I hated
my life 5 years ago.. I remember why, I was so sick and
in so much pain..that's all I knew back then...to even
move was agony..so I sat day after day..staring out of
the window..Im glad that field was there then and not the
apartments that they built there..

I got my potty fixed, so now it doesn't run constantly after
its flushed.. Ken, Chris's dad stopped by to pick up a
check for the rent, so while I had him here I asked him
to fix it for me. I was afraid I would drop that lid one of
these times trying to pull up that ball thingie in there. Im
glad now I don't have to sit and wait for it anymore I can
just do a fast on and off now . I told Ken, Chris had said
Ken was coming but I thought he meant his brother, so
I was surprised when I saw was the dad..He complimented
me on how nice the house looked said I really had it nice
in here and he was glad to see that since lots of his
renters don't care..I do..I live here.. I want it nice... :-)

Time for some of that spaghetti and I am hungry, I wont
eat a lot and play a few games of spider solitare and
see whats on tv..I don't remember even watching TV at
all last nite ..I must have fallen alseep right away.. I
usually get to see some TV but not last nite,, but I was
tired just like today and I didn't do a whole lot..but its
still time for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE words..
"Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..



2 Comments:

  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I was glad it didn't rain here to day. yesterday rain make the field to wet to play buddy ball.
    My sister coming down Saturday around 1 P.M. she make the trip twice a year now. Margaret always leaves about 11 A.M. Sunday morning.
    Trying to get the house ready for company, everyone come to my home to visit... Today is the first day I could do any cleaning...
    Saturday morning we will clean the church for Sunday...
    Sure glad your cat didn't get burned...
    Spaghetti is always good to eat on, Michael could live on it I think.
    You have a great weekend my friend.
    Pam did a little better today, her new med are working some.
    As far as I know right now, I don't have to work this weekend.
    Mary
    Mary

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im hoping our rain is done..my ceiling is leaking..which is not good..
    I hope Pam is getting better and Im sure you will be glad to see your sister.. I hope you have a great weekend.. take care :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker