ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, May 24, 2007

~We Have Fan~


Do you see what I have there? Its a 3 speed, timer,
rotating fan. And it works so good its wonderful...It makes
a huge difference in here..and LB isnt afraid of it at all.
In fact they are enjoying it as much as me, its super hot
out. I had not seen one like this before. You can see the
small base, and it rotates..Its about as deep as what you
can see..and its quiet..cant even hear it run at all..My
computer makes more noise than it does... I was looking
for one and checked out the Meijers store and there it
was and on sale too, for 5 dollars less. I am so glad it is
here in my living room..and at night- you see the cord in
the doorway of my bedroom, that's the foot of my bed
there now since we turned the bed around. At night I
can just take it around the door and put it in my bedroom.
Its so much better than nothing at all...
You see they are enjoying it just as much as me..Im glad
they arent any bigger or they would be blocking the
air from me, you can see the tire of my chair. Don't they
just have a rough life? poor kitties..

I havent done too much of anything today other than be on
the net looking for some music sites..I just have such a busy
schedule that I just cant seem to get anything done.. I like it
though when I have nothing scheduled and not expecting any
one, no interruptions..I like that sometimes.. I think everyone
needs alone time, that you can just be ME.. The only thing
I had to do today was write this..every single day I say " I
have NO idea what I am going to write tonite" and I have been
saying that for almost a year and a half now..Every time I end
one of these and go back and re read for mistakes I look and
there are 5 or 6 paragraphs of cant think of anything to write
about..Strange :-)

I do know that it is going to rain..I looked at the weather forecast
I knew it was, because today they, my stumps, are doing the same
thing and acting like buggars..they are making it even hard to sit.
My hipbones are aching even and then that makes the whole length
of the stump ache, my butt is killing me half the time..and I would
think with all the padding AND a cushion..that I would be doing
some 'soft' sitting..:-) But I maybe need a new one...my butt
print is still in it after I get out of this chair..so that may be the
reason..I know if I don't use a cushion for a while my hips ache
the same way..

I don't really understand why my hips ache when I sit, its done
this for a long time.. I know when I lay on my side, being the left
is longer it puts more weight on my hip and that's why I have to
use a pillow between them..Right now my whole backside is
aching so much so that I am ready to get out of this chair until
tomorrow. I get tired of laying on my back though, laying only
one way is not only boring but it makes you ache too I think.
Ive been sleeping laying on my back for 7 years now, so I
guess that would make it a bit uncomfy.

Lunch was ok meatballs and gravy with rice. not too bad, with
peas and some blueberry stuff. So I ate lunch and don't need
anything before I get away from this puter and in to watch
some tv...well a brownie might be good..."Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and thanks..
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois it turn off chilly today after the rain this morning.
    Needed a jacket for a while. Got all the shopping done for the girls. Took Michael shopping after school, he was wanting a few thing from wal mart.
    Friday the last day of school, Michael said he didn't want to go...but he left 2 coat at school I know of
    and none of his books he has brought home yet. And no telling what else. So he going back to bring them home I hope...
    Going to bed early tonight...
    I see your cat's loves the fan.
    Have a great night Lois.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest honeydear!
    To read about your life is uplifting, and dont missunderstand me now.... Its not so good to read about aches in the most desirable body, of the most desireable woman in US (world).... BUT its good for us ablebodied (hmmm rather ablebodied..), to read about a life that despite all the hard times and uncomfy livingcircumstances, still is worth living. I hope i can count me in as one of all things making living worthwhile for you, my dearest and most wonderful friend.

    Another good thing in life is redhotj..... Ahh you know what i mean Lois!

    Take care of the remainings of you, and kisses all over.
    ****+*
    Your own N-h
    ROB

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm not surprised that your butt aches. You spend all day on it - no respite for the poor thing. I know mine does after sitting here at the computer for a couple of hours, and I can get up on my hind legs to go potty etc. and get the circulation going again.
    Hope that fan proves a success at night as well as in the daytime.
    Take care, Honey.
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary, so nice to hear from you..You need to start getting more rest..

    Hi Rob,
    Its the weather that does this and makes them ache. I hope you are well..

    Hi Raife,
    its the one position that gets me..makes it miserable..gets old..

    Hope you are all well..:-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker