ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

~A Rose Is A Rose~


Along side the garage, visible from the kitchen window Penny
planted my rose bush that she brought me.. Its already blooming.
I had thought to keep it in a pot on the front porch but I think it
will be happier out in the sunshine.. Its so pretty and I was so
very surprised to see the 3 roses that had already bloomed. I
love roses..It was supposed to be a pink carpet rose but the
roses that are blooming are white.. I have lots of stuff growing
outside around the house. Who ever had this place at one
time took very good care of it..there are so many nice plants
and at least 3 roses bushes, mine make 4..On the other side
of that tree by Pennys rose is a rose bush that was here. Its
doing real well just needs some dead buds from last year
trimmed off.. On each side of the back door are rose bushes
as well, and they all just need a little TLC..
Up close you can see the rose and there are 2 smaller on
the far side.. It will get the hot afternoon sun so we will
have to watch..some roses cant take that, some can.. I
cant wait to get the morning glories planted..They will come
up every year too.. I had those and a gorgeous purple
climatis climbing on a trellis that I made.. It looked so nice
I don't know why I never took photos of my lanai..I don't
think I had a camera then or something..knowing me if I
had a camera Im takin pictures ..that's how I am.. I love
to take them..I look at things and think what a beautiful
photo that would make.. I have a couple friends that take
wonderful photos..and send them to me, and I put them
on my desktop, I have webshots which is THE very best
in photos, and you can add your own, all sorts of things.
I have some photos of my friends, and of course my
kids , both sets..the human and kitties :-)
I have my very best photos of the boys, was taken at the apt.
and they were so mad at me, cuz I had steady moved
them off my desk, they laid all over it and fought who was
going to be up there by me, and they lay on my keyboard,
I think if I hadnt stopped them from getting on my desk
they probly would have learned how to type and do email.
Knowing them I believe at least Dutch would try, LB, well
he would get to it eventually. lol..
As of 4 PM today the temperature was at 88 degrees. It
was very very hot in here. I turned the ceiling fan on any
way I had no choice it was so hot..I opened the door and
thought maybe a breeze from outside might help..NO..it
was worse cuz the air was so hot..Muggy too.. My stumps
have both been giving me fits today and I have wiggled
around so much in this chair today trying to find a comfy
spot if some one saw me would think I had ants in my
pants, which I don't wear, but I sure looked like I did.. I
havent checked the forecast for in a few days and I don't
really wanna know how hot its gonna be, but I bet If I had
looked its gonna rain with in a day or so..My stumps
always tell me..be neat if they could predict the real bad
storms like we had last week..then I could make some
arrangements to get out of the line of fire. I knew a bad
storm was coming at me, I would move to higher ground
right quick..


I have some of Barbs great spaghetti left over, Im glad
cuz I guess today was a holiday? I dunno..but the COA
didn't bring lunches today they brought a frozen one on
Monday for today.. I think next Monday is a holiday this
may have just been something to do with COA and not
a public holiday. I don't know.. I made a fool out of my
self this morning, I called Penny at almost 10 am according
to the time on my computer..she answers I asked was
there something wrong? she said huh? I said "usually if
you are going to be late you let me know" she said "its
not even 9 yet" I disagreed and said the time on my
monitor, guess who had the wrong time? yup..ME! I
felt like such a dweeb.. I wondered tho..why when I saw
the time at 9 seemed I hadnt been up that long for it to
be that late already.. I don't know why my computer
does that to me..just to confuse me I think..I can do that
ALL by myself..this computer doesn't need to help me..
Well she made it here anyway and on time :-) It was
NOT my fault..was the computer.. I havent any other
clocks to compare time to.. only online..so I may start
to do that just to make sure I don't keep losing time..


Im ready for some spaghetti and some TV and get out
of this chair for today, been a long day, but I had one
of my icees today ok..2 of them but one is in the fridge
for tomorrow.. They are so good, specially when you
are really hot thirsty, the crushed ice is great.. I hear
the sketti callin..I better go and find it.."Nitey Nite" :-)


Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****


God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    So sorry I have been so busy...love all your picture but that not a good picture of the cat by the computer...

    We had our first Buddy Ball game

    this year, wow it just keep getting better all the time...Pam even went but she didn't play just watch...it was so good to see her there...good staff make all the diffrent in the world.
    I love Roses too, any color will be just fine.
    You have a great day my friend.
    Love Mary

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    It comes to all of us sooner or later - not knowing what time it is or even what day!!! ;o)
    That rose looks great. nice that you can see it, too. Does it have a scent? I don't reckon it's a rose if it doesn't smell sweet. I bet my Rosey Weeble does!!!
    Made the last of the Ratatoulli into soup to-day. Liquidised it, added some red wine and a bit of milk and seasoning and - Presto! - a nourishing soup!! Management's cheese and asparagus flan was good, too.
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    He was so comfy and being a very bad child. Yes a good staff sure does help.. Hope it works out..

    Hiya Raife!
    So good to hear from you.. Flowers are a big favorite thing of mine. I wish I could have plants, but the boy eats them..so silk ones for me..

    Hope Y'all have a great day!
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I love those cat photos!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker