ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, June 16, 2007

~I'M COOL !~ :-D


Yesterday turned out to be a great day as I said at the
end of last nites post , I got my new air conditioner. I am
so pleased. FIA got it for me. I called Julia, my case
worker and told her I just couldn't stand it anymore that I
really need an air conditioner..she knows my medical
history. She said "let me call River City, I'll call you back".
I waited not even 10 minutes I bet, there was Julia, she
informed me there was a new 10,000 BTU air conditioner
at River City waiting for me that all I had to do was go and
get it..they don't pay delivery... go..and get it..??? ok... so...
I called River City, he said FIA wont pay delivery, I asked if
they do... he said "for $25.00 , we will deliver it and put it in
for you". I asked could he take a check, yes, was the reply,
I asked "when?" he stated it would have to be possibly late
afternoon as their truck was in the shop...and the shop was
the one across the street ! I said, "PLEASE DELIVER".
He did. You see him leaving with the empty box, you see him
putting it in..and THERE! is my new COOL air conditioner.
Is it not gorgeous? ALMOST as GORGEOUS as me :-)
I left it on high cool all night, this morning, this whole house is
cool, I turned it down , set the thingies and it will stay this
way....or at least it should. I put the fan in the doorway to bring
the cool out here in the living room, and right now it is just
great in here. I did have a hell of a time with the fan though,
moving it.. I put it up on the table over the end of my bed. I
didn't watch the cord, I got it up there ok, but as I just finished,
the phone rang and my back is to the livingroom..it wouldn't
have been easy to just back up no turning room there in front
of the door, but there was right where I was, so I turned.....

The phone by the time I got turned around after going back
and forth a few dozen times, and headed out to the living
room to answer the phone it had rung 3 times already. I
usually by 3 ..4 at the most , answer. I started to roll a bit
faster once I got through the door way then I felt a TUG,
heard a CRASH, turned and looked, the extension cord to
the fan got stuck on my tippers in the back, and had got over
that little wheel on the end of it, and pulled that fan right off
that table. I rolled backwards which by then I was in that bad
spot between the couch and chair where Ive gotten stuck
before, I tried to move and I could NOT budge, in the mean
time that phone is over on the desk just ringing its patootie
off and im having a hissy fit. I was STUCK!!


I turned every which way in my chair trying to reach it. this
brought back some bad deja vu with the paint pan tray,
I finally just SAT for a second..listened to that phone .STILL
ringing..and made one really HARD push, and I pulled that
stinking extension cord out of the wall..the fan wouldn't come
towards me cuz it was wedged in the doorway!!! :-D In
the meantime..this phone is just STEADY ringin'... I got loose
and just as I made it to the desk and that RINGIN PHONE!
that son of a gun STOPPED ringing..now....aint that ALWAYS
the way? I sat there for a few, waiting to see if they would call
back, everyone knows im always home.. well I decided then,
I would make a quick roll to the potty.. I scoot on the potty,
and YES!!! the PHONE starts to RING again..Now, I waited
before I left in there..but NO..had to wait till I was in the middle
of something.. So I hurry up and DO make it to the phone, it
was my sister! She said "I got worried, you ALWAYS answer
the phone by the 4th ring at least, what happened?" I told
her the whole funny story, we laughed.. It was funny though,
if anyone could have seen me moving back and forth , steady
moving around in my chair, I KNOW the cats had to be ..they
sat and watched the whole time! they didn't run till they saw I
got REALLY mad.. :-D.. But I am just THE most COOL
GORGEOUS WEEBLE anywhere I want you to know :-D
I had Penny take this photo for me today of the yellow day lillies
that are out by the garage and the pink roses. They are full of
buds.it will be just beautiful in a few days.. The rose bushes by
the door are gorgeous.. Who ever had this place loved flowers
too.. Im glad..I sure am enjoying them .

That time of day for me to wind down I got up at 430 this morning,
all on my own too. I guess im so used to waking up at that time
now that I just do :-)...Penny got a burger for me, and of course my
favorite icees.. We are all clean and shiney for company tomorrow.
Will be so nice to have visitors.. I always enjoy that.. But I am in
need of food again..sadly :-) well leads to that "chair shrinkage"..
and I don't need that.. I am tired of sitting though, another week is
gone..wheres the time going.. just too fast. then some days...too
slow..."Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

Lois says" Thank you Lord for making me a COOL GORGEOUS
WEEBLE"..

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loved that picture of your air conditior....... keeping cool is the way to go for sure. Love the flower pictures too...getting stuck is very up setting...so hard to get those wheelchair to do everything you want it to do anyways...phone like to ring when you are busy.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I grew up without AC. We had Kansas Air-Conditioning which was the fan portion of a gas furnace would bring cool air up from the basement. If it was really hot we would eat out on the porch. The last time I was in Kansas City in July the temp got up to 111F or 45C At least it was a dry heat. Now I live in the basement and it is cool.

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, COOL Gorgeous Weeble!!!
    Amen to the Lord for your A/C, Amen to the Lord for your Fridge, and, biggest one of all, Amen to the Lord for Gorgeous You!!
    Honey, I'm SO glad you now have these essential items. It will make life just that bit less stressful and more pleasant for you. You surely deserve it. I said a big thank you to the Lord last night, He must get fed up with "Please, Lord". Guess He will like "Thank you, Lord". for a change.
    Take care and don't get stuck!!!
    Lots of Love and Great Big Hugs from
    Raife.

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary, sure makes a difference in here. I feel like a bull in a china shop sometimes...

    Hi Momar, I grew up in the UP of MI and we didnt have air conditioning up there it didnt get that hot..now it does...

    Hi Raife...im very grateful..I have said thank you a dozen times..I think the boys have too..

    Good hearing from you..Im pleased you let me know that you do.. means alot to me :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker