ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, June 18, 2007

~On A GOOD Roll~


I got a new cushion for my chair, is it nice..First one they
brought was the wrong size, I bet they sent it to the wrong
person. They took it back..im glad as I would have no use
for it.. I have received this past last week some really great
blessings , getting a new refrigerator and a new air conditioner.
Life is good. . . not the greatest, but I honestly should NOT
complain...yet I still do. . but I think if we don't have something
to complain about we don't appreciate the things that we
are happy with..maybe having that something to gripe about
makes us more aware of the gooder things and appreciate
them or we would take the good things for granted.. For me,
every little thing I honestly am grateful for..Well I got a new
phone book in the mail today, I griped every time I had to use
my old one..couldn't find anything..I appreciate having this
new one now ...maybe I can find what im looking for. I was
glad I had my old one, but I griped when I looked for something
and couldn't find the number so I had to look on line for it.
I was glad to have it.. New cushion..and new book today....
hmmm I think I may be on a GOOD roll.. :-D I just HOPE
its a LONG ride! :-D

The man, John, that delivered my cushion said it was really
hot out..I looked and wunderground says its 90 out today, I like
that place, even has radar that you can animate to see which
way the storms are moving..That nite I looked and read where
it said to take cover immediately... Well, I was glad I had them
to tell me that :-) I didn't move..where was I gonna go anyways..
But that's a really nice weather thing and I think anyone in the
world can go there and get that for their area. plus it gives a
forecast ..that I love reading for the next 5 days its gonna be
over 90, and no rain in site.. As hot as it was outside..its that
cool in here..even Chris the lunch girl noticed right away the
difference.. but its very obvious.. Lori was here today and was
so glad I had one..and I told her FIA got it for me ..she was
glad..shes so proud of being able to get me that fridge..she
is so very nice.. she and I could easily become good friends.
Shes single..but has a boyfriend.. like Penny, shes single..
well Penny and her boyfriend broke up..shes on her own..I
wish I could help her more, but she got a new client so her
days are all full now, she is raising a 14 yr old grand son
all on her own with no help..I try to help her when I can. Just
keeping her van on the road with the price of gas is enough
to eat anybodys lunch..its awful here.. I don't know exactly
what it is..but its high..Donnies trip up to Cadillac in that
big 4X4 truck pulling that 32 foot trailer, well cost him a lot.

I see a lot of people out on bikes..of all sizes..and you cant
blame them. Donnie has a small plymouth..he drives that
to work down into Elkhart every day..to take that truck would
defeat the whole purpose of working ! well just about..:-)
He went this past week end over to some races by Detroit,
somewhere east of here..and took the trailer.. THEN the
first week of July, he takes it all the way up into Canada
by the SOO..Sault Ste. Marie.. Good thing he makes good
money and works 2 jobs most of the time..well this is why
he does..He works for his treats.. This street out here is
always busy, people walking up and down or bicycles ..
its a busy area, and the stores, Meijers and that are down
west of me..on this street..I see them when I look out the
window..
I saw a car across the street at that repair place..I need to
find out the name of it..instead of saying 'that repair place'.
Im not sure what make it is..I want to say a Pontiac.. who
knows what it is? I know I sure would look good in that baby,
isnt that a gorgeous car? Could you see me driving that? it
reminds me of a LeMans I had..burgundy with a black top..
I have a photo of it somewhere.. this one is almost the same
color. But I think its a Pontiac..and year? hmm 78? 9? I
know SOMEONE has to know..well I could call over there
and ask couldn't I? they would think I was nutz.. :-) And I
cant call over there cuz I don't know the name of 'That
repair place'... :-D... see? 2 times.. I will find out... I bet I
could learn hand controls.. Im gonna have to if I am gonna
be able to help drive my bus ....:-) daydreams..

Company is here and brought dinner, I am starved, nice to
have friends visit.. And ..Chinese food too..I LOVE
Shrimp Egg Foo Young..or Yung? I dunno..but its good..
and I hope egg rolls. I better get the table set up."NiteyNite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? Love ya..and THANKS!
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

5 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow you are on a roll for sure with all the great thing coming your way...God is so good.
    Today was going to be a very busy day, with lot of problem to go with it too...God work out all the stress today...wow it turn out to be a great day after all. Had time to work on the family reunion update, trying to get it printed out...my printer like to quick working in a middle of a page...I restart the computer and the printer will work again for a while. It 6 years old and I can't get another one either.
    Well maybe that new wheelchair will show up, and it will be the right one for you...
    Have a great day Lois.
    God bless you too.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to live in Brooklyn's China town. The food was good to great. the best was Malaysian cooked by Chines ex-pats. To go food shopping - the food was very reasonable in price. Only once in the 7 years that I lived there was I able to get 8 people together for a Chinese banquet.

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    That's great about you cushion. I'm sure that it makes a real difference.

    Have a great day today.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Long may this roll continue. If anyone deserves, you do, Honey.
    Temperature here is about 70 - 75 and it's raining a bit and blowing a bit. Hope the weather clears for when the son & heir comes down on Friday.
    You'll be able to get that dear butt of yours back into shape, now, with a nice, comfortable, new cushion. Sitting all day, I know how much that new cushion must mean to you.
    Take care, Honey, stay cool!!!
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, Im very grateful..Have you tried to uninstall your printer, then re install it..sometimes that helps.. Mine was a gift ..its a 3 in 1..i love it.. I want to make some calling cards..I need a card program. Sometimes you can printers really cheap, its cheaper to get a new one than buy new ink..

    Hi Momar,
    I love chinese food. I had the leftovers tonite. I Had a wok at one time used it alot..

    Hi Gray!!!
    So good to hear from you ! yes I cant do wrinkles either..

    Hi Raife,
    they wear out after constantly sitting on them.. Im glad I got it so fast..wish I could get my power chair as fast.. :-)

    So very nice to hear from you..You make my day..thanks bunches..
    Love ya... :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker