ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, July 22, 2007

~2 Dolls~


I was surfing yesterday, and I found a really great site.
Specially if you have a child that has had to have an
amputation.. I don't even remember what I was looking
for when I found this site... But Look at those little dolls..
arent they just amazing? A little Dak, and shes in a wheel
chair..the nurse with the little crutches... These dolls are
18 inches high.. very life like and you can even sew them
yourself.. they send you the kit, there are all sorts of things
there all in tiny miniature .. For a child I think having a doll
like they are could help them, knowing they even have dolls
like them.. They have all the clothes, equipment, even tiny
braces..its so cute to see this stuff... I had no idea that this
was out there...I think its a good thing..If you want to know
the URL to this site, drop me a note and I will send it to you.
Its called Sew-Dolling, if you cant sew and want one, let me
know, I could sew it for you...I think if you put that name into
your browser you will find the site...

I lost all my bookmarks, and I have had no choice but to
just STEADY, play and look for new ones :-) I lost all my
great wav sites and that about makes me sick... I started
to send out every morning a neat toe tappin gospel song to
kinda get the day started.. Now I have to find all my wavs
again.. A wav, is a song with words, like an MP3, but smaller
in KB size, I use music in most of everything I send.. I like to
add songs.. Sometimes I don't write anything..the song I send
sometimes will say it all.... I LOVE music...I think it can help
a person a lot.. I don't really like some of the country songs so
many are cry in your beer stuff and well I think whining is not a
good thing.. I like the oldies..where you could understand the
words and they meant something..

I have NOT done one thing today, other than play on this computer
and send all sorts of stuff and just filled up everybodys mailbox..
no no..almost though.. My boy..well hes kinda forgiven me..he laid
by me, and he even let me hold him this morning for a few minutes..
hes still kinda sticky in spots though that I missed.. I am NOT giving
him another bath anytime soon.. It was so funny when I held him to
dry him..I would reach and pull his little leg out to dry it..and he would
pull it back and lay on it..snuggle in to hide it.. :-) I had to laugh.. I
thought about that all day.. It was so funny.. I felt sorry for the boy..
I did too.. Don't you know when he felt that ice cold smelly orange
juice dump on him, he thought SOMETHING was HORRIBLY wrong..
Poor kid.. You would think he would know by now..hes going to be 3
yrs old next month..LB will be 4..

I was looking at the calendar..you know July is almost gone? I have
NO idea where it went! The days just seem to be flying by and I am
NOT getting anything done at all.. I want to redo my kitchen.. Lori
said she would help..Im going to ask her if she can come one day
next week when Penny is here and they can switch stuff around.. I
honestly don't think they can get that table down the basement tho..
ITs not real big..its a drop leaf...but it has to go down there.. We
need to clean my basement..get that material in bags.. I should have
had Penny start on that long ago and something else just seems to
always come up..But 3 hours doesn't last long when theres really
a bit to do...not big stuff but the dusting, cleaning, and of course all
the shopping...laundry.. 9 hours a week.. Its not a lot of time to do
it all.. That's why I try to do alot..to keep it clean and stuff in place
since the time is so limited ...I also want to change my bedroom
around, Im hoping Donnie can put that phone jack in there.. No
phone jack and only ONE electrical outlet in my bedroom..I find that
amazing.. How can only 1 outlet be enough..not when you have a
TV, VCR, lamp,phone,bed, air conditoner...all need plugged in...
I may get one of those power bars, with outlets on it.. I say this
every stinkin day.. This house is JUST NOT good ...not for me...
Well as promised a photo.. its not my best and honestly,
really... the top DOES match the skirt.. There is a lot of
that glow in the dark green in it.. Today is NOT the best
hair day either.. I have made so many messes these past
2 days that I can look even half way SANE!! I was putting
a box of Pasta Roni on the table, I missed cuz I looked
away at the exactly WRONG time.the box fell off the table,
hit the moist cat food plate, and stickey moist cat food went
everywhere..and If I didn't get it up it would dry and take a
paint scraper to get it off then..Sticks like glue.. well I wonder
if they make cat food out of horses.?.. isnt that where they
get glue? no..from glue trees.. nono GUM trees.. Hell I dunno
I DO know I have gone out of my way to just create the
biggest messes I can.. I have to clean them up, I cant wait
for Penny, the cat food would be there permanently then and
the orange juice ..well If I hadnt wiped up the floor I probly
would have rolled out there and got STUCK to the floor! :-)
Never a dull moment ... Life is so fun .. I love it :-)

Well time for food, Ive been playing on this puter all day and I
am going to log off early and get some of that pasta roni, the
angel hair kind I get..really good..all kinds of flavors too.. I
think the one I have ready is herb and butter or something.. I
know its patiently waiting for me, so color me gone till
tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel.. I liked Batman..
"nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks! :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

7 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Don't you mean TWO DAK Dolls??!!! I can see another one down at the bottom of the Blog!! ;o)
    I call her my W.W. (Wonderful Weeble)
    Found a site where there are life-size amputee dolls - blow your mind away!!! ;o)
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H.from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    Theyre cute..those lifesize are amazingly real... Yes I did change it to 2 Dolls..but yes I should have put 2 Dak Dolls which what about the 3rd dolly there? LOL . . .
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is hot and humid in my basement. I have a dehumidifier - perhaps it is too efficient.
    Here it is 8pm and I am tired. I want to watch tv at 9-10pm. tired tired tired. more Monday.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I will have to check it out about the dolls.
    It has been a busy weekend for sure here.
    I should have already been in bed, my stomach is a little upset tonight.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okey honeydear!
    These dolls are cute, but a reaql doll like you is more adorable for me. I am soooo glad i have found my dreamdoll!
    KAO´s
    ****+*
    Your own
    ROB

    ( okey, now its back in a hurry to the summerhouse...What a vacation!! )

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Gorgeous,

    That is so cool about the dolls, I can see where a doll like that would be a treasure to a child who had the misfortune of being an amputee!

    Enjoyed about your boy and his stickiness - I'll email you a little cat story of my own.

    As usual, your pic is great - as are all your pics! And yes - you are my favorite doll...smile..

    Bare Hugs,
    Butty

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    You know, not to nag at ya, but honey, you stay so busy, take a break once in a while. I had one but I gave it to Donnie, cuz they have a fireplace.. they needed it.. mine put water in the air...

    Hi Mary,,,
    I will send you the URL..they are so cute, and all the special equipment all in miniature.. so cute.. they match them to the child..hair color etc.. not real high priced for what they could mean to a child..theyre a good thing.. But put Sew Dolling...... you should bring it up..

    Hiya Rob.. :-)
    Thanks sweetie :-)..I hope you are enjoying your summer house..You are so fortunate..to have 2..

    Hi Butty!!! :-)
    Cute story! I read..so nice to hear from you ..and thanks, glad you like the photos..

    Hope y'all have a great day ..so nice to hear from you :-)
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker