ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, July 21, 2007

~Orangey Dutch~

I hope you will feel sorry for the boy today, Dutch, as usual..
I got this poor cat again..By the time this is all said and done,
this cat will hate me.. I had coffee this morning and had decided
I had enough and got a container of orange juice from the fridge.
It comes in a white plastic bottle type with a screw on lid.. I had
part of this yesterday morning after I had coffee.. its really good
juice.. Anyway.. As I decide before I drink it..oh.. I did NOT go
back into the living room, I stayed in the kitchen while I shook it.
Smart move which is surprising for me..

Well as I start to turn the bottle over to begin to shake it, Dutch
walks by right below it. As the bottle turns, the lid comes off and
that orange juice dumped out all OVER that cat !!! He jumped
straight up in the air, and ran for the bathroom.. I was right behind
him trying to get hold of him cuz all that orange juice this cat
was dripping all over ! I didn't want him going into the living room
then bedroom etc. So I sat in the doorway of the bathroom and
there was no way that cat would get past me..

It was like a stand off ..Dutch is back over by the sink licking
himself trying to get this juice off of himself.. I was waiting for him
to come towards me so I could grab him.. If I moved from the
doorway he would have escaped me ... Well he got tired of
being in one spot and decided to try to make a mad dash
under my chair and into the kitchen.. as he went under, he
was so fast all I got hold of was his tail.. I held on tight and
pulled him back to where I could get a grip on him.. It was
awful.. I looked at that cat and wondered HOW was I gonna
get him clean..and by myself..he wouldn't be good in the
shower.. Now..remember my boys are armed and dangerous.
They have their claws.. I held onto Dutch till I got to the cabinet
right above the toilet I was so glad it was so close and I could
get a few towels out to wrap and hold him.. Let me tell you the
fight was on.. and I know I don't need to tell you who won, do I?

I gave him a bath in the sink..he was so mad, he didn't mind
the water, but I held him there and MADE him sit still.. LB came
up of course and had to sit and watch I know the few purrs and
noises out of him he was probly teasing Dutch cuz he got madder
every time LB made some comment.. The boy was so mad at
me..he wouldn't even look at me.. By the time I was trying to dry
him I would pull his little leg out to dry it and he would pull it right
back and put it under himself as if to say "NO, don't TOUCH me
ANYMORE, you did ENOUGH".. I was laughing cuz he wouldn't
even look at me :-) Im such a mean mother :-)

I honestly felt bad really, I will admit I laughed so hard.. It was
funny, I wish I could have taken pictures of all that but, well I had
a mad orangey cat on my hands.. I couldn't have planned better
timing tho.. was perfect.. just as he casually strolled by, that cap
shot off that bottle, hit him in the back, that juice poured all over
him it was really something you would see on a funny
video thing.. I bet this cat doesn't walk past in front of me too
much when Im in the kitchen anymore as many times as I have
dumped water, food, now orange juice on him. Was funny tho :-)

Other than that, that was the high point of my day, well no, no I
take that back, I did get a couple phone calls from dear friends.
and I sure enjoy talking to them.. I love phone calls as much as
I do emails.. I did call Dawn to find out about baby, his name is
Kowen, or Kowan, she wasn't sure how to spell it.. and I forgot
the middle name..Im so bad..but I didn't forget a whole VAN tho!!!
That was too funny... I would have kicked my own butt on that
one ....Time for food, TV, sleep, not necessarily in that order
though...usually its the sleep before the TV ."Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya, and THANKS! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Lois I needed a good laugh, orange cat and bathing of a cat...wow bathing of a cat is something I never want to do again myself. Just to much work and you can get hurt.
    Yes it would make great pictures.
    We got the church clean for Sunday...there was 7 of us there doing the cleaning this time...I left there at 5:30 P. M.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Accidents happen! I did the dishes at 1:30am sometimes when bad things happen, I just shut down and go to bed like for an afternoon nap. When I wake up things get better.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    It was funny, i had to laugh too...Im glad you had help...I hope your having a good week end...

    Hi Momar,
    Yes, when things just get bad I have to stop.. The time with the paint..I had to I kept making it worse, :-)
    Hope all is ok at the new house with the critters.. :-)

    Have a good evening :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Once one of my cats brushed up against a table top that I was finishing with a mix of tung oil and polyurethane. She was sticky and crusty for weeks, and I never did get every single cat hair out of the surface- I had to strip it and start over again. I can empathize with you!

    -Gray

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray!
    Cats are such stinkers..He wasnt very happy, avoids me a tad now :-D
    Hope your having a good day!

    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker