ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, July 12, 2007

~Me and my Sis~ (surprise at the end)


talking about old photos..If my sister knew I was putting
this photo here she would probly yell..no- she would laugh.
This was ..wow.. had to be in the 70's. We had driven up
there, we, as in Willie & I, that car behind I think is the Chrysler
Willie drove, huge car and a dream to travel and ride in, it
was so comfortable. Shirley and I were having fun together
and Stanley told us to stay still and shut up long enough so
he could take a photo of us.. Its a doozy hey? I mean I really
look just stunning..No im GORGEOUS :-D .. The dress was
white eyelet with blue ribbon, a sun dress I made. I had on
a pair of my favorite slide on shoes, quite high too.. I loved
high heels..Shirley and I don't have too many photos of us
together..I think there is one other but I don't know where it
is..that's leading back to the same problem of photos all
over..well no..they are in tins..most are out of the albums ..
I take them out and don't put them back..then every time I
go to look for a photo I cant find it and it takes me hours to
try to remember WHICH album its in.. I think would be easier
to sort the photos by name, or year or something..But that's
me and my sis. I phoned her last nite she is tired, and working
hard getting settled into her new house..She and Stan sold
their old one after putting over 30,000dollars worth of re-doing
into it..they up and buy this new house on 13 acres.. Most of
that is swamp tho way behind their house.. they got it real
cheap but then who would want a swamp other than the bear
or deer? she said she counted over 13 deer in her back
yard the other morning..one doe had 3 babies she said..I
thought they only had 1 ..2 at the most..She is enjoying it..She
says that they are spending more on feeding the animals
than they are on themselves! :-)
The photo there is of my mom, she is in the kitchen of
course. Look around..you see she is cutting pickles to
put into that dish that she got out of that canning jar of the
ones she made..bread and butter more than likely.which
is a sweet pickle..now..look to the left..see the red and
white tiered container? it has 3 compartments..each white
is a layer. Inside that "cookie" jar were cookies..not store
bought..but homemade...3 different kinds.. See the basket
right there with plastic bag that has bread in it? that is all
homemade too..You can see the neighbors house next door,
that's Mr, & Mrs, Budzak. They had a daughter Gladys that
was challenged, she worked jigsaw puzzles out in the garage
to pass the time. They were great neighbors. Mrs Budzak
and my mom were the best of friends.

Its funny but I remember times..always on Monday ..that was
wash day, mom would look out that window and over at
Mrs. Budzaks, laundry hanging out on the line and comment,
"Frank must be sick, or Gladys, there is extra linen on the line."
I sat at that table you can see on the far right of it..on the far
edge of that window eating breakfast one morning, on a
counter sitting off to my left sitting was a radio..always playing
was a radio in every room of the house, bathroom and all..music
was always on. I was sitting there eating breakfast and outside
was a really bad bad storm..lightening and thunder.. As I sat
there I saw a flash go past my face and the heat of it or the
strength of it pushed me back .. I heard the radio go POP!
HUmmppppppp as smoke came out of the back of it.. My
mom came running into the kitchen making sure I was ok, she
was in the next room, dining room, headed into the kitchen,
she saw the bolt of lightening hit the radio. Scared me... I
have big respect for lightening..Ive seen what it could do..A
friends house got hit..and well there wasn't too many electrical
things worth a crap after that, plus 2 rooms were burnt by the
time the ball of lightening rolled through the house..

My dad used to be the local weather man..he had gauges and
thermometers outside and his were official readings that he had
to send in to the weather service..every morning the radio station
would call and ask my dad what the temperature was that day..he
enjoyed that.. He got lots of magazines on weather stuff and when
that house got hit in the next little town of Caspian, we went to see.
That's what you do in a small town..something happens you have
to go see...or life would be boring ..:-) they said a bolt of lightening
hit the TV antennae and it was going into the bedroom..the bolt
followed the antennae into the bedroom and out thru the TV and a
huge ball of fire rolled through the upstairs and scorched walls,
floor, burnt the blankets.. it didn't go down the stairs.. The man that
lived there said he saw it..and as fast as it was there and rolling
through his house it was gone that fast...amazing.. I keep thinking
of that John Candy movie of them camping and the man that got
hit by lightening a dozen times and stuttered so bad.. I laughed..
that was a good movie..

Well anyway, I got off on something totally different..ok ..back to the
window..the plants in it? are cactus..my mom loved those things..I
had found a package of seeds and sent it to her..she had the best
time growing those new cactus plants..She loved plants and flowers,
they were always in the house from early first flowers to the very last
mums in the fall..she picked them and had special vases for each
special kind..I have quite a few of her flower vases.. They are all out
in the kitchen... :-)

You KNOW when I mention kitchen, that my next is, its that time. I
did have a fairly good COA lunch, was a goulash or something meat
sauce with elbow macaroni..was one of their better lunches.. I did
eat it all..had green beans and garlic bread with it too.. was good..
Im just going to suffer and eat a lonely slice of my WONDERFUL
saffron bread..maybe nuke it lightly and put some butter on it.,
ok im gone. . . im in need of a saffron fix, "nitey nite!" :-D

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and thanks...
Always, Lois ****

Ps.. SURPRISE~!~ :-)
I made 2 video clips today if you would like one..you have to write
and ask and say please of course, I will send to you..Nothing fancy
just me.. its quite large in size, over 6 MB. Its only 1 minute long, but
it does have sound.. me griping of course, I was getting on my couch
and well ..it aint easy you know... this is a photo from the clip...
NOW, is THIS GORGEOUS OR WHAT??? :-)

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois
    Absolutley wonderful photos. Great gams - man, you were and ARE a knockout. It's such an uplifting experience to read your blogs and to know you. You are incredible - honest!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love your pictures too Lois. And your dress is beautiful, you can really sew very well my friend.

    I do my pictures my years in Albums...and it can take of lot of spaces too....sometimes I wish I had them in boxes again...this way I cam able to look up thing better... all I have to do is remember the years it was and go to that album. And remember is the hardest part anymore.
    Pam is back in the hopital again,she still having lots of problem.
    Nice to be here Lois, you take real good care of yourself OK.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,
    I hope that you are fine. Me fine and things are going on quite smoothly on my side. I hope that it is the same on your side.

    Your last few blog messages are very nice and thoughtful at the same time. Your pictures are very nice.

    Would you please share your new video clip with me my dear. My email address is still the same, yashvin750@yahoo.co.uk

    Take care in the meantime.

    bye...bye..bye.bye

    Yashvin

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Well hi and thank you so very much..how nice to read..geeez you know how to make a lady smile dont ya? :-)

    Hi Mary, I know you do my friend; I had mine all sorted, but when I take them out to scan, I take them out and dont bother to put them back..

    Sorry to hear about Pam Mary, I hope all turns out ok for her..Please dont for get to have some MerryMary time now..

    Hello Yashvin,
    Nice to hear from you and to know you are well.. Yes I will send you a video.. Im glad you like my blog Yashvin..and hope you will read and stay in touch..have a good day and watch your mail...

    Y'all have a good evening now and thank you so much for coming and reading and the kind words..greatly appreciated..thank you again..
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker