ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

~Need A Hug~


I got a email today that was a link to you tube. I went there and
I have to say was one of the nicest that Ive seen. A young guy,
kinda long hair, dressed nicely, had glasses and a short beard
and mustache I think.. anyway, it starts out showing him walking
down the side walk sort of against the flow of the others, he is
in a city, probly New York or some where. lots of people ..and
hes carrying big sign.. He holds it up..high so everyone can see
it that is coming towards him.. He smiles, and sort of nods at the
sign hes holding.. People steady walk by this young man, Id say
hes in his 20s maybe, anyway, one lady he walks towards her,
she sort of side steps him, shaking her head to say"no".. he turns
with his sign.. the sign says "FREE HUGS"...
can you imagine any one refusing a free hug?

As the video went on.. the first one, an elderly lady, saw him..he
motioned to her and walks over, she spreads her arms, smiles
broadly and hugs him .. They smile, more and more as the clip
goes on..he gets hugs, some girls run into his arms..as well as
young men.. older men, older women.. all are hugging..it cant
help but make you feel good..that there are still caring people
out there, that we do need this..single hugs, group hugs... Suddenly,
they show the police there, he had to stop..they said he wasn't
allowed.. So he decided to take up a petition..he got over 10,000
siggies on that..and he was allowed to continue, it showed one
of the cops.. giving a hug.... The clip has been viewed over 16
million times.. I was one of them....

The emotions I felt thru it..were such a wide range, I started out
feeling so bad for him.. no one would hug that sweet kid..they
walked past..ignored him... I felt so sad.. then the hugs started,
more and more..some really great ones, running together kind,
happy kind...I was so glad,,, I laughed,, as the hugs got more
and more, I watched and I got sad and a tear.. Hugs are so good
they cant hurt you..well not unless its a rib crusher hug...but they
heal.. they help..make you feel good.. Just watching all the hugs,
the happy ones..kind YOU wanna get..the 'so HAPPY to see you'
hugs... Was a great clip.. I sent it to quite a few. From some of
the replys I got.. well there were quite a few needed to see that..
but then how could you tire of seein happy stuff? Sometimes
people don't realize, they may not need a hug but someone else
sure does... If you care about others more, then you don't have
time for those pity partys and woe is me.. go get a hug.. :-D

I try hugging my boys..well.. wanna see a cat get mad right quick
and in a hurry? pick up one of mine.. INSTANT mad..LB used to
growl at me.. he knows NOW ,, we NEVER growl at Mum.. no no..
be NO days like that...Only time I have to say that I did get to hug
the boy, when he was so sick.. he let me hold him for hours.. LB
I cant hold him..but he will lay on me..when he feels hands on him,
he will move..like he cant be pinned down. We had no bad thingies
today, all was calm and nice... No fights with anyone..got a few
nice phone calls that I always enjoy.. and lunch? well.. was bbq..
and I offered it to Dutch.. he tried to bury it.. I smelled it..well. I did
NOT eat it.. it didn't even have a good red color.. was a odd smell
and well I have enough stomach problems with out eating ickky
food..and if a cat wont eat it..that usually will eat anything..well..I
aint neither.. I had one of the blueberry muffins from Meijers..and
boy oh boy.. wow..what a treat.. I made a delicious cup of coffee
this morning..and had one..MMM great way to start the day.. and
since I have one left, I might as well eat it to end this day.. I logged
off early last nite.. and I even got to watch some TV.. was pretty
good.. I love the travel channel..there is a guy on there that well..
if he needs a travelling companion I wouldn't mind going along!!!
Now Im going to roll this GORGEOUS WEEBLE out to get that
muffin.. " Nitey Nite"

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya, and THANKS :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, good ... I went to the Hug place and it IS good.

    Makes you feel good.

    I like hugs.

    (And you can't beat the price ... )

    d

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Hugs are always great to have, I think I need more of them.
    Someone on the street I don't know about that.
    Had a great day again,I had my grandson Jon again he going to be 9 in August.
    I have 4 grandchildren that old enough to get married... I have been thinking what it is like to be a great grandmother...hoping that a few years off yet. 19,21, 21 and 23 years old they are...
    Have a great day Lois.
    God bless you.
    And I pray you get a whole lots of hugs...and two hugs from me.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    That was a great piece of writing, about the hugs. I know I don't get enough of them - pity I can't e-mail one to my fav GORGEOUS WEEBLE!!
    This is the best I can do

    XOX XOX XOX XOX XOX XOX!!!

    Take care, Honey,L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    VERY BIG HUGS TO YOU!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning :-)
    HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS :-D
    They ARE a good thing! Seems that took place all over the world kinda took over and I think its a good thing..cant hurt ya.. We all like to feel good..and thats one way to do it..

    So nice to hear from you d, Mary, Raife, Butty, I hope y'all have a great day and get plenty of hugs..here's some from me

    ((((HUGS))))
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker