ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

~How I Feel~

I was talking to a friend today trying to explain how I feel.
and amazinly its really kind of hard to describe!.. I some
times do NOT see me as Disabled.. challenged or handi
capped.. I know I am classified as that.. but I honestly do
feel guilty when I use the phrase "Im a double above knee
amputee, in a wheel chair here, I need...." I feel sometimes
I am using that to get things..or to get my way, and I do
have a hard time with that.. I sit here and I don't have to work,
Im not living like Cleopatra or the Queen, but,, I have a roof,
clothes, food, my bills are paid.. I do ok..most of the time any
way.. But I don't feel I DESERVE..cuz of the no legs...

I mentioned about the nice lady at the phone company that
offered to come here and fix my phone..free of charge, just
cuz she is a nice person.. She asked if I could do it and I
gave her that little speech, I thought..what an excuse.. and I
feel sometimes I just should NOT use that, that its just an
excuse.. I still can do things..its just a lot harder.. but I can
still do most..well almost MOST... I know ive been told that
I do quite well ..that they knew other women that are like me
that have just totally withdrawn and have become totally
helpless and expect that they WILL get waited on or things
just handed to them because they deserve it.. I feel I earn
what I get.....what I work for.. no matter what it is..

I got this mail today and I always forward it to my friends, Its
called Morning Coffee.. the title today was Live a Life that
Matters.. The main thing you leave behind, is how the people
that you have encountered think of you..what kind of impression
did you leave.. a worth while one? one no one would WANT
to remember? I want to be remembered..for being ME, some
one that is at least willing to TRY..and for being a fighter, not
giving up..and for how I treated my family, friends, anyone I
came in contact with... NOT.. as a disabled..or a wheel chair
person..or as someone that DESERVED anything.. I want to
be known as EARNING my reputation..That I was honest,
fair, and a good person.. Like the ones I know I remember,
those that have affected my life.. I can name them I will not
forget them.. they made me who I am today.. A GORGEOUS
WEEBLE.. and I can handle that.. but I honestly don't think
I deserve extra credit, favors..or anything I havent earned or
TRIED to get myself.. This is doable.. sometimes hard..some
times its just a matter of rolling along with the flow as they
say.. I think its as easy or as hard as we ourselves make it..

I bet I was up at least 3 or 4 times last nite.. This new bed is ok,
but its a plastic matress..and hard plastic.. I have found since I
mainly lay in the same spot..that Ive created some wrinkles.. :-)
no not in me..well ..maybe there too..but.. I mean in my bed...
I think as the time goes on this plastic has gotten harder and like
cracked or something..there is a ridge that goes right across
by my hips that sometimes I wake up its digging into my butt
so bad..I know its padded enough you wouldn't think I would
notice butt I DO.. Its like the princess and the pea... I cant sit
on a cushion that has wrinkles in it.. I think I am going to see if
I could get a foam cover or pad for it.. I know I need some new
pillows.. mine are so bad.. I have 4 in front of me when I sit up
to sleep that way, you would think that would be quite high up..
it equals to about 2 the pillows are so worn down.. I have 2 I
put up under my head.. and they are in sad shape too.. I do
think its time to replace them..Ive had them for 6 years now..
and when they are not really good pillows they don't last a
whole long time and keep their fluffy... Feather pillows are my
favorite.. so comfy.. I used to hang those out side too when
I did linens..they smelled great...and fluffed right up...

I didn't eat lunch today was just ...well I don't know what it was,
if I did I probly would have eaten it.. Chris brought the frozen
ones for the week end..and theyre good..They were bringing
the leftover ones from the COA and these are TONS better.
and you get lots of it too.. If they were smart COA would just
use them.. save all the extra help they use to cook these
"wonder what they are" dinners.. There is one thats spaghetti
and meatballs.and I am going to pop that into the nuker and
have that for dinner..watch some tv and hopefully sleep ALL
night tonite.. Why I am getting up at 4 am every day I have no
clue.. but I still am.. guess I dont want to miss any of my
GORGEOUS WEEBLE Days "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and Thanks!! :-)
Always, Lois ****
God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Gorgeous,

    Somehow, I've considered you as very - well - abled. Without the dis. I think you are somehow - just a bit inconvenienced at times. I can understand what you are saying. You certainly do a lot - take care of all the things you can. I know you.

    Keep it up..... You are very special.

    Bare Hugs as always,

    Butty

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois I know it must be hard on you...always doing thing for your self in the past... it very very hard too lose one leg, but two legs now that make it extra extra hard.
    I have a friend Judy that lives in Tulsa Okla she has lost both her leg just below the knee...she is 60 years old by now. She still a very happy person, and her hubby say she is even when know one around but them. Yes I did wonder. I have only seen her twice since it happen.
    I wish she would play with the computer, but I think her hubby don't like to share much...he afraid she might mess it up...
    I have some e-mail friend where both have there own computer...my hubby will play some games on mine at times...and my grandchildren play with my computer when they come over...
    Love the video you send, very nice pictures of you and one of your boys.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Butty~!~
    Thanks hon.. its not easy, true, but what is? all we can do is try..and hopefully suceed..

    Hi Mary,
    I feel for your friend, she is so very fortunate to have a caring hubby..means alot..

    Computers are great so much you can do with them and go all over the world.. I love it..

    So Nice to hear from you..Hope you have a good day..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Anything you CAN do, I know that you have a real good try, but it really is OK to ask for help for the things you can't! And to use any means available to twist a few arms!!!
    You will NEVER be forgotten. I know there are many people who admire your feisty, cheerful. "lets get on with it" attitude - and the way you call a spade a B----y shovel when the need arises!
    I guess you have made quite an impact, especially on your landlord!!!
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Good to hear from you.. I do try, and thats all I can do. I sure hope Im remembered... I KNOW I leave an impression. lol...

    Hope you had a good day..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker