ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, December 27, 2007

~What a Trip~

The trip from the kitchen to my bed last night was so
memorable.. I honestly had to sit and laugh and wish I could
have had it taped, it was like a one in a lifetime kinda thing
that you couldn't have planned it better if you tried.. I had
posted here and rolled into the kitchen, I was more thirsty
than I was hungry. I grabbed a cookie and held it in my
mouth so I could carry it into the bedroom.. I got the other
bottle of my Icee that was in the fridge..then, I got the telephone
put the phone on my left and the bottle of Icee on my right..
I got a good shove off the door way from the kitchen and
was aimed at the bedroom door, I thought..

I had already turned off the lights but with the lights from across
the street its well lit in here. As I rolled between the couch and
the desk I rolled off center and missed the bedroom door hitting
it oh the right side, by the front door.. The bottle of Icee was on
that side, I had on one of my silk skirts, well I was moving a bit
fast, BUt...did you know that a full bottle of Icee if it hits something just
right, and it pokes a hole, it will blow up almost? AND that every
time it hits something on the way to the floor the liquid contents
will shoot out of it? :-) It does, take my word for it..


I leaned over to grab it just as I felt it slide, what it hit, my chair or
something..poked a hole just right and the force of that coming
out of that bottle was like a spray, and got the side of my head.. I pulled
my head back, my hair is dripping.. NOW, you KNOW how sticky
this stuff is, even if you get Icee on your hands.. well its on my
chair, the door, and worst of all ME!~ I was ready to go to bed!
THIS was NOT good..Icee is EVERYWHERE :-( !

I sat there for a minute, looked to see where the boys were, that's
all I needed was for one or both of them to have gotten this crap
on them ..well Dutch is on the desk and LB is on the sewing
machine.. I had turned the light on after I grabbed that bottle,
so I could survey the damage.I was more worried about sliding out of that
chair too besides blasted with that Icee.. Well, it really had to look
pitiful, I do this to myself, took me forever to clean that up.. I had to go
get some paper towels.. wet and dry of course..Now remember this
crap is on me, my chair, tires..the door..all drippy..that bottle was
not just slippin.. it SLID!! so when it was hitting the chair, the wall
the tire, the floor, each time Icee would shoot out of it.. It was a MESS!
Just rolling back across the carpet I had a hairy tire on the right side.
I cleaned that off today..I did NOT have the strength to really do a
thorough cleaning.. It was still there today so.. I kinda figured it would
wait for me to clean it off rather than clean itself..that would be great
self cleaning tires :-) theyre a pain to keep clean..

Needless to say, by the time THAT comedy of errors was DONE and
CLEANED UP, I really was tired.. I went directly to bed, did NOT pass
go and I KNOW I DID NOT collect Two hundred dollars.. I went right
to sleep .. That was NOT the best sleep inducing aid let me tell you..
But again..I went right to sleep.. :-) Which is where I am headed again..
I am carrying the bottle differently tonite, safely tucked on the side of
me with no chance of escape..I would have to come totally out of this
chair for it to move, its tucked right down in the back right corner ..a
good safe spot.. Takes a while..but hey, I learn.. Im so glad I do I
would hate a repeat on that little side show .. "Nitey Nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's no hope for the wicked ...

    (Are you a wicked woman?)

    As for tonight: try and sLeepl tight without the sticky spray bath ... hehehehehehe .....

    Bestest

    d

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Wow you had a sticky bath and cold it was too.
    They say we are going to get 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight, hope they are wrong...Patsy has to go to the Doctor in the morning, I am taking Bob with me just in case I need his help with the snow.
    I sat down to watch a little TV, wake up an hour 1/2 later...I didn't see that coming.
    You need a little monkey to bring you thing you need Lois or a hubby.
    Thanks a good thing to know about icee...
    I got a small box of ice cream sandwiches today, it been a long time since we had one...
    I think for new year we are going to stay home, I got where it better to stay home and just rest...The house is nice and quiet...Michael did call for the 4th time today...he just misses home...I wonder if we are going to have to get him sooner then we planed...Penny always want him as long as possible...I will check after new year and see if he want to come back before the 5th of Jan.
    God bless you my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger momar said…

    Sorry about your late nite mess. It has been warmer than usual here and tomorrow and Sunday the temp will go near 56F or 15C - we have had only several hours where the temp has been below 32F or 0C. My new spinach crop is already up. So someone tell me there is no global warming.

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya d,
    I think I must be VERY wicked.. WICKED GORGEOUS WEEBLE ..:-D

    Hi Mary,
    Leave it to me, never a dull moment.. joys of my life :-) I think I would prefer the monkey LOL.. sorry, but I tried the hubby thing 3 times..I think thats the limit allowed :-) I used to love those Klondike bars..good stuff.. chair shrinkers as Raife calls them :-) I think the boy wants to come home :-)

    Hi Momar,
    Anytime is a bad time for sticky messes.. Wait ... you have some big snow coming.. y'all get a huge storm every year .. if it was warming that would mean no snow yes? LoL...

    Good to hear from y'all hope you have a good day oh, and Happy New Year too..
    Love ya!
    ALways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker