ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

~Dad's Birthday~


Yesterday was my dads birthday, he was born January 28, 1909...
Where the time has gone since he passed- to me... in my heart and
mind..... he was here just yesterday. and to me.. he was one of the
greatest men I have ever met in all my years.. One of the people
that I feel really made me who and what I am today.. Both my
parents had a big influence..and each in a different way.. The
way my life went along.. I needed both to be able to survive and
make it thru what I think was a whole life time of trials.. and of course
errors.. But If I didn't have what they instilled in me.. I don't think I
would have the same outlook on life..to be able to really handle
most of what is put in my path, if I didn't have both their input..their
sense of values put into me.. The knowledge of knowing I can do
what I have to do to get things done.. I will face my work..no matter
what it is.. and do it.. the very best job I can.. THAT my mother taught
me.. My dad.. taught me to do whats right.. and if you do the right
thing.. it may not seem that way at the time..but it will prove to be
the BEST way...and with the BEST outcome..

Ive been told I am opinionated..and maybe to an extent I am..but I
believe in right and wrong.. I will give leeway but in the final outcome
things are Right..or they are Wrong.. I have a horribly SHORT
tolerance for lies.. and I try myself to be very truthful.. I remember I
phoned home..my Dad answered and he and I always talked for
awhile before he went out and got on the phone out in the garage,
while my mom talked on the phone in the house.. Dad told me a
story about when he did work for a garage down town.. Not long,
he preferred his own.. When he went there he took all his own tools.
drills, wrenches, everything he needed.. When he quit there one of
the other mechanics..started a rumor that my Dad had stolen a
drill from there, which of course was NOT true.. anyone that knew
him would know it wasn't.. But that lie this man was telling really
bothered him, and he lied because he didn't really like my dad..

Dad said this went on for quite a while till he got tired of his friends
coming up to him and telling him what this man was saying.. At this
time my dad was 62 years old..he said "I got tired of this man saying
that about me and I went and told him..he accused me right to my
face..and Lois, I hit the man...and knocked him down" .. I was really
surprised.. my dad was NOT a violent man..and that was probly the
only man hes ever punched ... but he said.. I couldn't let that go on.
Even though everyone knew it wasn't true.. he was making me still
look bad.. I apologized for punching him, but he didn't say that any
more either ." What a guy... :-) a good man.. I laughed at that, I could
just see my dad getting that angry to hit someone.. he was mad..
but he did shut the guy up :-) I would have done the same thing...
I mentioned I think I have a ghost.. well you see that thing up on
top my desk on the right? The small container that is sitting
SIDEWAYS? It was NOT that way.. I showed that to Penny
yesterday.. she said "ohoh, I didn't do that".. I told her I know..
but I didn't either.. so WHO did? I said is the vibrations of the
trucks going by..but you see on top those 2 bigger jars? those
are mirrors laying on top of them. cuz of the boy, he eats that
stuff .. so... if there was THAT much a vibration..wouldn't
those move OFF? fall off? if the vibration is THAT strong.?. I
would think they would vibrate off too..and they DONT MOVE.
The rose potpourri that's in the small container are from my
roses in Texas.. and get this.. Some the light color ones.. are
from my dads flowers from his funeral.. So.. WHAT is moving
my container up there if THAT is the only one moved? The other
two vases are from flowers I have received from when I was sick
with all this stuff.. I save them all.. The little horse? that was my
grammas.. came from England.. and you see my brass bowl..
I love brass.. so shiney ...I love my gold beads.. theyre sposta
be Christmas tree string beads.. but I like them up there..
There is what my front door looks like right now..I put that woolbie
over the door handle then I have a Christmas jingle bell that hangs
by a round beaded thing and fits perfectly and holds the woolbie
up.. The draft around the door is awful.. I cant reach up much higher
to be able to pound anything in.. Kenny came by..but had to leave
he had a emergency call soon as he got here someones water
line had broken.. he never did fix my door.. You see LB.. hes on
the scarf Theresa made me, my transfer board is there by the door.

I thought most of the morning today was thursday..can you believe
it? I was talking to a friend..said Becky and Theresa would be
here today.. I picked up and straightened. up.. well fooey.. I had
to look at the date while I was talking and noticed its TUESDAY!!!
I was shocked! I woke up and half the morning was going on
the idea it was THURSDAY ..now.. to lose 1 day is bad enough..
but to lose 2 ..well.. that is NOT good :-).. so now that I have my
days straight.. I can find out whats on tv..I hope something good
Im ready to get out of this chair.. and call it a "nitey nite"....

Y'all have a Good one now, Y'hear? love ya.. and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the pictures Lois.
    Jan is a busy month of birthday here for us 3 have gone on and 4 still here. Mom and Dad have been gone 9 years and my mother in law 20 years...where has the time gone.
    The winds here was horrible today, the temperature drop 30+ F today.
    Mike had fun doing that basketball thing, I do enjoy visiting with the other parent.It so good seeing the kids and see how well they are doing.
    Each love one leave a good influence on our lives, sure miss them too.
    I am so blessed to have all my brother and sister,knowing most of them are in bad health now.
    Sure pray Wednesday will be a great day for you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger momar said…

    There is so much to comment on. My father was a good man. he was the first mover to start the movement to get rid of boss pendergast in Kansas City. He could have been killed, but he was very careful. He was measuring for window shades in a hotel in the KC stockyards where the cowboys stayed. He noticed that some of the prostitutes were chained to the bed in white slavery. He contacted a rabbi he did not know who contacted a Federal Judge. They got Boss Pendergast only for income tax evasion.

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey.
    What a great guy your Dad was. Of course, in these PC days, he would have been charged with assault!! But that other guy sure got his come-uppance!
    As far as the ornament moving goes, my Grandad would have said "It's that Liverpool man". My Grandad was associated with Bristol, and there was always intense rivalry between the two cities, with their docks.
    Me? I think it is a Boggart!!
    Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H.from
    Raife

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    hi Mary,
    Thanks kiddo and today wasnt too bad, quiet and cold and windy.. Winds here were in the 50 mph range and below zero..winter day,

    Hi Momar,
    You have the most interesting comments.. :-)

    Hi Raife..
    Ya, If I do have a ghost I wish he would look out for me better :-) help a little bit lol..

    Good to hear from you.. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker