ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, January 26, 2008

~ A RED Day ~

Well today was just FUN.. not really but.. well I did it to
myself again.. made the biggest mess possible and of course
had to clean it all up.. I got the box of the angel food.. every
thing in the box was VERY cold , mostly frozen.. well one
of the items was a bottle, a plastic bottle of ketchup.. RED
ketchup.. I was taking things piece by piece out of the box and
had set the catsup over to the side, as it was a salt free kind
and Dawn is trying to help Donnie stay away from salt.. So I
wanted to give that to them..

As I went through the box I put things here and there, where
ever I could find a clear place... I took some green beans
that were in a bag and set them by the bottle of catsup on top
of a bag of frozen fries.. The bag of green beans slid..hit the
catsup..the catsup fell off, the floor and HIT just the corner of
the catsup bottle and knocked a piece out of it .. Well the
catsup went ALL over.. It shot out of there just like my Icee did,
only this time was RED. :-) It was so cold..the plastic was hard..
why it broke like it did.. I would think that's the reason, what
ever it was.. It was EVERYWHERE!!! and GUESS who had to
clean it up::??? :-)

It got my white floor..my white refridgerator..my white garbage
can.. and.. my tire.. That was fun.. I just did my usual survey of
all the damage..rolled back..and just at that time the phone
rang..and I had to roll INTO the living room..to get there I had
to go thru the ketchup..but I didn't see that then, I did when I
had gotten to the phone and started back ...well I left a line
behind me..and by rolling onto the carpet.... THAT cleaned
OFF my tire!!! now I had to clean carpet TOO.. So I roll back
into my now RED kitchen .. and had to decide just what I was
gonna do.. I mean ..this was a major cleaning.. I knew Dawn
was coming ..but I didn't know when.. she had a full day..so I
knew if Ieft it and didn't get it up..it would be worse by the
time she got here.. So I had to clean it.. I bet I went thru a whole
package of napkins.. :-(

I must have bent over, sat up..bent over again.. well I KNOW
at least a dozen times..and had to unlock and move..lock down..
start all over.. Both the boys sat on the table and just watched..
I know they both were thinking.."the crazy woman did it again"...
I swear.. we were so nice and clean.. and then I go and do this..
I cleaned it best I could..before I just couldn't do anymore.. my
arms ached so bad and from squishing my self in half .. my
stomach ached.. Bending forward.. I can only JUST barely
reach the floor..so that makes me have to really stretch when I
wipe up stuff.. plus I have to hold on to my chair too.. I automatically
reach behind to the back of my chair and hold before I lean over
at all... its safer.. Only good thing was.. I hadnt eaten.. so I had
even more room to fold in half..

Needless to say.. I am tired.. I don't feel like cooking so Im just
making a ham and cheese sandwich.. I sure got my exercises
in today..my whole body got a work out in that cleaning session..
I do this to myself.. well I don't think it would be nearly as much
drama if I wasn't in this chair.. it would have been a lot easier to
clean up..thus is the joy of chair life.. we just have to adjust and
try to figure out plans of attack to accomplish what we need to.
I already know my plan for the rest of this day..and it is in there on
my bed.. but first I better say my GORGEOUS RED WEEBLE
words.. "Nitey Nite"..

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

ps..thank you for all the great comments about the love story..its
so nice to see a real one.. a true one.. we all need that kind of
Love Story...

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just got back from the church I got to see a few old friends there. They sure have aged a bit.
    WOW that ketchup problem is hard on you, good thing we are getting younger.
    You should have ask the person on the phone to come over and help you clean up the mess.
    Well I pray your Sunday goes well for you.
    God bless you
    Mary

     
  • At 5:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh! Honey,
    Poor you. That was just AWFUL!!
    I know it was rotten for you, but next time you're gonna do something like this, could you arrange to have your web-cam running?
    If it were not so bad for you, this is the stuff of comedy!!
    Sorry to sound so unsympathetic. I just wish I had been there, not to see the "performance", but to clean up for you.
    Take care, Honey, L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    It was funny Mary, I honestly had to laugh..its such a joke here.. its fun sometimes.. :-)

    Hiya Raife,
    Ya, well you know me, I just have a way with stuff..you can laugh lol..I did.. if I wouldnt have I probly woulda cried LOL>.. I mean great You Tube stuff..you woulda loved the paint.. regular comedy of errors here LOL... gotta laff..its ok .. :-)

    Good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker